Safe anaphrodisiac?

808 Untabulable Radii

808 Untabulable Radii

Are there any naturally safe anaphrodisiacs out there, be it in the form of a food product or even a vitamin supplement?

I'm asking because I am a sexual with an asexual, and though we never talk about it, I would much rather lower my levels down to hers than her feel like she has an obligation to me (if that's even the case.) Like I said, we never talk about it, but we do it a few times when I come over for a few nights once every three weeks. However lately I'm beginning to think that perhaps she feels obligated to do this for me, in which case I really won't stand for that. The clashing arousal levels have never really been an issue, but to me mentally I'd rather do this for her than go on continuing something that she probably doesn't care for at all.

Are there any foods or pills/vitamins out there I could take that can temporarily lower my levels when I go over there and not have any major side effects?

I will also consider products with very slight side effects. I just really want this to be done so I (and she) can just go on with our relationship.

Many thanks to everyone in advance. :?

Oh I don't know about anything like that...

But I hope you'll find what you're looking for I wish you well because that's just amazing what you're taking courage to do for your asexual girlfriend! :cake:

I'm under the impression that there are no known effective natural anaphrodesiacs. Saltpeter used to be used for that purpose, because militaries and monestaries had a vested interest in repressing that, but it has been conclusively shown not to work.

I just did a brief look at Wikipedia to confirm this, and came up with the following - "Side effects of certain medications may be anaphroditic in nature (e.g. SSRIs and certain antipsychotics), however, there are no substances that have safe anaphroditic effects without major side effects."

Sorry. There's no easy answers to this.

I echo sonozeal. Other posters on other threads have done investigation on this and there's really nothing except medications which are prescribed for other conditions. Physicians generally won't give you those medications to lower your libido because that's not their intent and they have side effects.

Sexual desire is something that's quite individual -- pretty hard to rev it up/tamp it down just to suit a partner.

808 Untabulable Radii

Thanks for the info and support so far everyone. I have Wiki'd and Google'd the heck out of this topic and can't find a clear answer. Maybe I should really just resort to sheer willpower. I used to be asexual, about 4 years ago. But that was a long time ago. I believe this is the best course of action for me. To take the mental route. It has been easy before to turn it off for a while. I will definately try not initiating any sort of sexual advance the next time I visit her for a few days, and from that I'll guage her reaction and also my own. If she feels like something is wrong, maybe she will talk to me about it. Maybe she really does want it every now and then; I don't know. But either way I want her to know it's okay with me that she is the way she is, and that I will respect her ideals and follow suit to the best of my ability. We'll see how it goes. It will be August 31 when I see her again. I will still keep a look out for anything that can help me with this. And I still very much appreciate the help and support of the asexual community at AVEN for their thoughts and input! As a small personal project, I would like to keep this topic open and report back on things after I return.

I really appreciate you guys. ^_^

There are non-chemical techniques that supposedly work. They aren't laboratory tested of course, so be suspect of them. One that I've used in the past with some success when my hormones kicked into overdrive is a little yoga rite described in this book.

Archived