Hmmm...FETISH vs. ASEXUALITY. Is there a link?

misscanada

Hello to all!!

I think I've spent more on this site in the last 24 hours than on any other site in a lifetime. I am a 25 yr old female sexual in a relationship with an asexual male.

We have been together 7 months and I am head over heels for him. In a couple months, we will be moving in together EEEK!!!! So scared...yet SO excited!! Yesterday he had come to tell me that he was asexual. I had no idea what it mean. He explained it to me and the wheels in my head started turning. Everything made sense. What a relief. It wasn`t that I was ugly or that he didn`t love me.

So, I guess my question is, can asexuality be linked to fetishism in some way...

I`m not really sure how to explain all the details. But maybe someone out there on AVEN can maybe help me out with this one.

THANKS AVEN AND AVENITES!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

Hello to all!!

I think I've spent more on this site in the last 24 hours than on any other site in a lifetime. I am a 25 yr old female sexual in a relationship with an asexual male.

We have been together 7 months and I am head over heels for him. In a couple months, we will be moving in together EEEK!!!! So scared...yet SO excited!! Yesterday he had come to tell me that he was asexual. I had no idea what it mean. He explained it to me and the wheels in my head started turning. Everything made sense. What a relief. It wasn`t that I was ugly or that he didn`t love me.

So, I guess my question is, can asexuality be linked to fetishism in some way...

I`m not really sure how to explain all the details. But maybe someone out there on AVEN can maybe help me out with this one.

THANKS AVEN AND AVENITES!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

I wouldn't say they're linked (would you say they're linked to homosexuality or heterosexuality?) but there are some asexuals who are fetishists.

mad_scientist

There are sexual and asexual fetishists. From what I've gathered by anecdotes on this site, a lot of asexuals with fetishes can only be "turned on" as long as a fantasy involves no real people, or people's faces, or anything approaching a person at all, depending on the fetishist. People in said fantasies appear to be a mere accessory if present, so it would seem that even their fantasies are asexual.

Archived