Dating Sites

ghosts

I'm stickying this thread with a list of personals sites that might be of interest to asexuals. Also, I'm stealing this list & descriptions from the wiki (thanks Hallu!). So without further ado...

Acebook - Formerly (?) A-Date; is a free dating site for asexuals, including integrated forums and chat software.

Affectionate Friends is "a different kind of dating site", made for people (not necessarily asexuals) who want to share time and affection without worrying about sex or commitment.

Asexual Pals is an informal introduction service that brings together asexual and celibate people for romantic and platonic relationships.

Celibate Passions is a dating and networking site for celibate people looking for platonic relationships. It comes with chat, message boards, and email.

Platonic Partners is a website celebrating celibate, platonic relationships, and allowing users to meet other like-minded people without the stresses of having to sexually perform. They are asexual-friendly and come with health resources and a newsletter.

• 8 months later...

OMG! this is more awesome that I thought!

OMG! this is more awesome than I thought!

• 2 weeks later...

What a great list, I had no idea there were even that many personals sites around...definitely some good information!

• 1 month later...
Vivid-Dawn

There's also Plenty Of Fish

It has options that you can chose "Hanging out" "Just Friends", and then the typical regular dating stuff. I still haven't figured out if "Activity partner" is innocent, or the 'no strings attached sex' kind of thing, so I just stick to looking for platonic friends.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
There's also Plenty Of Fish

It has options that you can chose "Hanging out" "Just Friends", and then the typical regular dating stuff. I still haven't figured out if "Activity partner" is innocent, or the 'no strings attached sex' kind of thing, so I just stick to looking for platonic friends.

For some reason I haven`t succeeded in registering there. I don`t know why but the same page comes up all the time when I fill all the gaps and click the button to go to the next step of registration. :mellow: I tried various user names, passwards and so on...

May be I`m going :wacko: ?

• 1 month later...

Finding ACEBOOK the best out of all those sites listed thus far.

At least it gives you a variety of ways to interact with others

on the site. Forum, Private message, Chat room etc...

• 2 weeks later...
Finding ACEBOOK the best out of all those sites listed thus far.

At least it gives you a variety of ways to interact with others

on the site. Forum, Private message, Chat room etc...

Yeah the chat room is a lot of fun! :)

I tried plentyoffish, and quickly got some hits- then when I updated my profile to say no sex before marriage (figuring that's more socially acceptable than just saying no sex) my account suddenly got deleted.

Thanks for the above list, I'm so excited to check them out!!

• 1 month later...

I tried plentyoffish, and quickly got some hits- then when I updated my profile to say no sex before marriage (figuring that's more socially acceptable than just saying no sex) my account suddenly got deleted.

Thanks for the above list, I'm so excited to check them out!!

I didn't have much luck on PoF either. I told this one guy I was ace and he insisted he wanted his girl to "want to jump all over him" and that even if I didn't want to, if I went out with him I would magically fall in love with him and then it wouldn't matter if I was attracted to or not because of coooourse I would have sex with someone I loved. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Sounds like some interesting sites.

I'll have to check out acebook. It looks the most appealing.

• 1 month later...

Acebook just tipped the 3500+ mark of people using the site, although there are more gals than guys at them moment. Check it out Acebook

• 3 weeks later...

Woohoo and Acebook is back up again :D

An update on Total Users on AceBook as of today: 3620

Most of those sites are not good.

Plenty of fish is a site for sexual looking for sex.

Acebook - The site is slow , old profile so don't expect a quick reply.

A-Date site is slow and profile old.

Affectionate Friends -site is slow

Asexual Pals -The site is slow

Asexualitic- the site is slow

Celibate Passions - half of the profile are old

Acebook just tipped the 3500+ mark of people using the site, although there are more gals than guys at them moment. Check it out Acebook

So about acebook - is it just a dating site, or is it also a social network site? (Asexual facebook...)

So about acebook - is it just a dating site, or is it also a social network site? (Asexual facebook...)

Acebook has profiles to look through M>F , F>M , F>F , M>M , Just Pals , non-Binarily Gendered being the current search options, as well as an added advanced option to search in a particular country, age range , etc. There is also a fairly active forum, as well as a chat-room used daily.

Acebook has profiles to look through M>F , F>M , F>F , M>M , Just Pals , non-Binarily Gendered being the current search options, as well as an added advanced option to search in a particular country, age range , etc. There is also a fairly active forum, as well as a chat-room used daily.

Great, thank you :)

Even though i'm not a big fan of none of the sites on the list, Asexual into BDSM should check out fetlife. There is an asexual group on fetlife.

http://fetlife.com/

• 1 month later...

Acebook is the only personals site worth looking at

Plenty of Fish is a site for people looking for sexual relationships and there is no asexual category so this is absolutely pointless.

OK Cupid does not have an asexual category but there are quite a few asexuals on it who put bisexual as their orientation. Do a search under Asexual.

Affectionate friends is a paid site

Asexual pals is a paid site

Asexualitic is a paid site even though they pretend not to be - you can't contact other members unless you pay

Celibate Passions is a public site where anyone can view your profile and your photo, you don't have to sign up to browse photos which means your private details are available for anyone to see

Platonic Partners is probably the worst of the lot - it is a paid site and the site itself is awful - most of the members haven't been online for months if you try to contact the site for help they never resond.

In a nutshell, they are all rubbish - someone should start a new one!

I'm stickying this thread with a list of personals sites that might be of interest to asexuals. Also, I'm stealing this list & descriptions from the wiki (thanks Hallu!). So without further ado...

Acebook - Formerly (?) A-Date; is a free dating site for asexuals, including integrated forums and chat software.

Affectionate Friends is "a different kind of dating site", made for people (not necessarily asexuals) who want to share time and affection without worrying about sex or commitment.

Asexual Pals is an informal introduction service that brings together asexual and celibate people for romantic and platonic relationships.

Asexualitic describes itself as "the first free dating site for asexual people", although technically it was released after the creation of A-Date, which is also free.

Celibate Passions is a dating and networking site for celibate people looking for platonic relationships. It comes with chat, message boards, and email.

Platonic Partners is a website celebrating celibate, platonic relationships, and allowing users to meet other like-minded people without the stresses of having to sexually perform. They are asexual-friendly and come with health resources and a newsletter.

• 1 month later...

Acebook is the only personals site worth looking at

Plenty of Fish is a site for people looking for sexual relationships and there is no asexual category so this is absolutely pointless.

OK Cupid does not have an asexual category but there are quite a few asexuals on it who put bisexual as their orientation. Do a search under Asexual.

Affectionate friends is a paid site

Asexual pals is a paid site

Asexualitic is a paid site even though they pretend not to be - you can't contact other members unless you pay

Celibate Passions is a public site where anyone can view your profile and your photo, you don't have to sign up to browse photos which means your private details are available for anyone to see

Platonic Partners is probably the worst of the lot - it is a paid site and the site itself is awful - most of the members haven't been online for months if you try to contact the site for help they never resond.

In a nutshell, they are all rubbish - someone should start a new one!

Asexualitic describes itself as "the first free dating site for asexual people", although technically it was released after the creation of A-Date, which is also free.

To add to what you've said, on OKcupid, aside from just searching "asexual" (since many people don't even know what that is), fill out as many of the match questions as you can. You'll get the badges "Less kinky" and "Less desiring of sex" under personality in your profile before too long. This would be a big red flag that would turn people away from contacting you for casual sex. It will also put people with these same traits higher on your match list, and people who are more desiring of sex will be bumped down lower. Also, take tests like "the purity test" and get a nice, high purity score. I've used the term asexual before, but I would probably consider myself demi-sexual now that I know all the terms. (My last boyfriend, who I am still very close friends with said this term describes me quite well) I'm pretty sure very few people would understand what that means on a standard dating site (Although I would be happy to explain it). However sites like OKcupid do have plenty of ways to get your point across. Even if someone hasn't written "Asexual" in their profile, look at their personality traits, and quiz history...and drop a message :)

Qutenkuddly

Thanks for all the input! Methinks I'll be checking out Acebook.

• 1 month later...

1 more year... just 1 more year until I can join these websites without lying about my age....

I've FINALLY, after a few years' absense, started updating my Acebook profile, and posting on the forums there!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a member of a few of those sites, but I guess I'll try the other ones that I never knew about. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived