I WILL ADOPT A CHILD IN THE FUTURE

Guest punkybluester

Guest punkybluester

OKAY, TRUTH, MY PAPPY ADOPTED A KID FOR ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND(BEFORE SHE WAS MY EX) BUT THEN I TOLD HIM TO TAKE THE LITTLE BOY BACK CAUSE MY GIRLFRIEND WANTED TO TAKE HIM WITH HER AND HER NEW BOYFRIEND, ALSO BEFORE MY BREAK-UP, I HAD CRAZY DREAMS THAT SHE WAS HAVING KIDS WITH HER NEW BOYFRIEND AND THAT SHE TOOK AWAY 2 KIDS FROM ME THAT I ADOPTED, I HAVE REALLY WEIRD SHITTY NIGHTMARES SOMETIMES. ANYWAY, MAYBE SOME DAY IN THE FUTURE I COULD HAVE THE TIME TO ADOPT A KID AND I CAN BE THERE FOR THEM, BUT I'M JUST SO BUSY, I WISH I COULD'VE BEEN THERE FOR THEM BUT THINGS ARE COMPLICATED NOW. WHO KNOWS, 2O YEARS FROM NOW I COULD FINALLY ADOPT A KID AND I COULD HAVE THE TIME TO CARE FOR THEM. ANYBODY HERE RELATE TO THIS SUBJECT?

SINCERELY,

WITH LOVE,

PUNKYBLUESTER. ;)

That must have been a hard decision to make Punky. I love kids too, and mine are grown and gone. I do have a grandbaby on the way :) but I don't think I could raise anymore children again myself on a 24/7 basis.

I hope you remember that you were there for them. You also made the best decision with their future in mind. If the new parents are friends of your's, maybe you could still see them now and then? Or be their new Uncle?

Best of luck to you...

arr thats what I hate about adoptive parents... The kids are still disposable... not impressed.

I totally agree. You don't give up your real children suddenly halfway through, and you shouldn't give up adopted kids. I'm just amazed that you had friends who were fantastic enough people to take them in and give them a family. I don't care how tough of a decision it was for you - you should have thought about the consequences thoroughly and made a real commitment before you adopted - or you shouldn't have adopted at all. There are so many families waiting to adopt out there who would never give their children up, and they were kept waiting by people ahead of them in line like you. There are plenty of busy families and parents out there, but there's no way they would give up their children just because they don't have time. I don't know how old your adopted children were, but I hope they're young enough not to realise that you thought they were less important to you than your free time, because that's a massive kick in the guts... and the heart. Don't adopt again in 20 years.

Hi Punkybluester,

I'm am so sorry that you found yourself in this situation. Personally, I don't believe anyone should be passing judgement since no one but you knows the details. I hope that you will be able to continue to be a part of your children's lives.

I would have to agree with raeanne.

Punkybluester hasn't been around AVEN very long, doesn't post regularly, and I strongly suspect that we don't know the full story.

-GB

You don't give up your real children suddenly halfway through, and you shouldn't give up adopted kids.

Exactly. People always complain about how much work they have to do and that things in their life aren't convenient right now for kids. You probably should have thought about that before your adopted them in the first place. Kids aren't like a car. Oh this car is to inconvenient right now so I'll just ditch it and buy another one. These are peoples lives your playing around with. The only thing I can see that's good about this situation is that some kids no longer live with some one who hasn't got the commitment to look after them properly.

While some people say we can't comment on your case because we don't know your individual circumstances I'm not sure what they need to know about your situation. As some one with kids it's up to you to control that situation even at the detriment of your self to make sure the kids have a positive situation. If that means moving, getting a different job, getting rid of a boy friend/girl friend/husband/partner, then thats what you do.

When I say that I don't know enough about the situation to make a judgment call, that is exactly what I mean.

Take a look at this user's other posts and you will see that it appears that he makes a habit of "adopting" and then losing children. He also gives them names like Sid Vicious.

'Don't know about you, but I am having a hard time deciding how much of this to believe. It isn't THAT easy to adopt children, so either the entire thing is a fantasy or the children were never really adopted in the first place.

Personally, I am leaning toward believing the latter scenario.

-GB

When I say that I don't know enough about the situation to make a judgment call, that is exactly what I mean.

Take a look at this user's other posts and you will see that it appears that he makes a habit of "adopting" and then losing children. He also gives them names like Sid Vicious.

'Don't know about you, but I am having a hard time deciding how much of this to believe. It isn't THAT easy to adopt children, so either the entire thing is a fantasy or the children were never really adopted in the first place.

-GB

I feel the same, glad you said it or I would have been reprimanded for saying this. Funny is, I'm always suspicious of anyone who posts all in caps unless they're excited or mad about something.

In_Omnia_Paratus

yeah really. adopting children is a huge decision. you should have thought it through better.

yeah the caps lock does annoy me.

and you shouldnt throw the word love around PunkyBluester.

it annoys me when people use it just as a careless frase.

how can telling us you just lost your children be a message sent

"sincerely with love"?

wouldn't sincerely suffice?

sorry, my own personal vendetta here :P

It isn't THAT easy to adopt children, so either the entire thing is a fantasy or the children were never really adopted in the first place.

Agreed, also people who type in all caps are not to be trusted :-)

Adopting a child takes for ever in the first place. May be it's easy in some places in the world.

• 1 month later...
'Don't know about you, but I am having a hard time deciding how much of this to believe.

-GB

Hey Bird.

I think this is a hoax.

Something to get us agitated.

If it isn't, I have alot to say, but since I believe it is, I will keep my comments to myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm adopted and, frankly, it has caused me untold grief. I'm pretty sure it's the root of all the psychological problems I've had in my life, including my sexual ones.

Archived