New ASEXUAL Dating Site... and FREE. Asexualitic.Com

asexualitic

asexualitic

Hello.

Since I discovered the community, my life changed in so many ways. It was such a release to discover that i was neither "different", nor alone.

I don't know for you, but I felt like I had to do something special in return.

You would agree with me that Asexuality doesn't mean celibacy, and It's sometime hard to find someone to share our lives. (for me it is). Then, I thought that we might need a matchmaking website to find someone for a platonic relationship.

I tried some expensive dating websites and thought they aren't worth it.

This is why I bought a domain name, and asked my friends to help me create a Matchmaking Website for the Asexual Community, which would be totally free, and without advertising. I see this as a gift to the community.

At first the website was only available in French, but is now is in English, German, Spanish, and Italian, so that everyone can Join us ! Of course, you can choose in which country/city you want to search profiles.

The website need people to live, and we would be happy to see you on Asexualitic.com

Feel free to create your profile at : http://www.asexualitic.com, and try the website.

sce.jpg

You can write me to give me your feedback and some advise and new ideas.

See ya.

Thibal.

I created a profile page under the name DaniBanani. As i guessed, there were no matches for my state, let alone city. If this website can grow i think it will be a tremendous help to the asexual community.

asexualitic

Yes, Just wait a few days.

I can see new profiles creating everyday, sao i guess it's just a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

Since I discovered the community, my life changed in so many ways. It was such a release to discover that i was neither "different", nor alone.

I don't know for you, but I felt like I had to do something special in return.

You would agree with me that Asexuality doesn't mean celibacy, and It's sometime hard to find someone to share our lives. (for me it is). Then, I thought that we might need a matchmaking website to find someone for a platonic relationship.

I tried some expensive dating websites and thought they aren't worth it.

This is why I bought a domain name, and asked my friends to help me create a Matchmaking Website for the Asexual Community, which would be totally free, and without advertising. I see this as a gift to the community.

At first the website was only available in French, but is now is in English, German, Spanish, and Italian, so that everyone can Join us ! Of course, you can choose in which country/city you want to search profiles.

The website need people to live, and we would be happy to see you on Asexualitic.com

Feel free to create your profile at : http://www.asexualitic.com, and try the website.

sce.jpg

You can write me to give me your feedback and some advise and new ideas.

See ya.

Thibal.

Thank you so much for the gift. Will the website always be free? Or are you planning to switch it to a paid membership later?

In which country is the website hosted?

While I do not seek relationships, I will definitely make a profile on there - who knows? Plus the problem asexual dating sites seem to have is that very few people so much as join. At least I will be on there to not only increase numbers but also to give hope to people in my area that are searching.

I would recommend lots of AVENites also do this, if they are open to the possibility of a romantic relationship.

Is anyone else concerned about the fact that ANYONE can see people's profiles/ads with their height, weight, picture and income listed? I mean you don't even have to be logged in.

Oh dear... and work schedule, although it's kind of your own fault if you think it's a wise idea to broadcast certain unnecessary facts such as that to the internet at large.

Is anyone else concerned about the fact that ANYONE can see people's profiles/ads with their height, weight, picture and income listed? I mean you don't even have to be logged in.

I'm not too concerned if everyone can see it - I don't know what difference it makes if a stranger who is logged in can see it or a stranger who is not logged in. The solution would be to not list anything you don't want public knowlege. Why would anyone list their income?

I didn't mean to come off as judgy here. I just am well... concerned. But yeah, I guess everyone's responsible for themselves.

I went glancing about last night, and saw that there were a couple other asexual dating sites (surprised me)--and they were set up public view as well. (I did see noted tho in one of their discussion forums that members were warning each other that they were receiving bogus messages (of a sexual nature}).

I've recommended the strait-a dating site a handful of times over in the welcome lounge, and I hope there is less of that there.

I agree, it's cool to have an asexual site...I tried signing up for it (because i thought maybe they'd let a 17 year old sign-up) and it let me sign up but my age shows as 18..for some reason..I'm pretty sure I picked 1990 for birth year....odd. Oh well, it's not that important anyway..just thought I'd give it a shot

Hallucigenia
Why would anyone list their income?

Because some people want a relationship more if their prospective partner is financially successful. *shrug*

Looks like a great site. A bit small, but every website needs to start somewhere.

I can't see why anyone would put their salary information online on a dating site... but I suppose grown-ups can make their own choices.

Dame du Lac
I agree, it's cool to have an asexual site...I tried signing up for it (because i thought maybe they'd let a 17 year old sign-up) and it let me sign up but my age shows as 18..for some reason..I'm pretty sure I picked 1990 for birth year....odd. Oh well, it's not that important anyway..just thought I'd give it a shot

You were born in 1990? :o Me feels very old.

XTriformisX

Cool, I didn't think there would be alot of other teens here, I was born in 1990 too...I'm not actively looking for a relationship, but I'd like to keep my options open, so I will make a profile. Something to check on when things are slow, eh?

I'm added to the list now!!!

Though I'm the only one in my state :lol: :lol: ...I made myself sad again...heh

asexualitic

Hello !

Thank to you, the website is growing and there are new members every days !!!

Asexualitic.com is going to become a great tool for the A community.

When you sign up, there are no mandatory information and you can choose which information you want to show.

Please PM me for any question, I would be happy to help you.

Thibault

• 2 weeks later...
faithful friend

I joined that dating site but saw that there aren't very many men on the site. Are there way fewer men that are asexal as opposed to women in the general popluation?

Statiscally there are very few asexual men. Men are under more pressure to be sexually active by society in my opinion, and therefore often hide their asexuality which may skew the numbers a bit. Most of the asexual men I know are the stereotypcal Star Wars nerds: Live with their parents, collect toys and/or comic books, a bit geeky, wouldn't mind a girlfriend but don't want to waste time to persue one. That pretty much describes me, only I don't live with my parents because my dad remarried and my mom is a drug-addicted psycho.

A decent site but it's out of the can script package still.

I'd suggest getting in text fields where people can enter in information in specifics to them, which check boxes and dials simply do not allow. Fields like My Interests, More About Me, What I Am Looking For, Story Time (relate a story), etc.

Also, under Group and Couple section it forces you to enter other members USID's, I'd like to see that removed.

I do like that it is not required to enter in private, safety info like address and income. I'm a firm believer that too much info on the net is NOT a good thing (having been stalked from net to real life... it's NOT a good thing).

potentialsurvivor
no one ever replies to any PMs oh well

Then one should try ace-book.net, it's active and folks respond to their pm's, at least in my experience there.

ace book has a better set up, but I have had more messages at asexualitic for some reason. Either way, I don't look or respond to profiles without photos. I'm just shallow that way.

potentialsurvivor
ace book has a better set up, but I have had more messages at asexualitic for some reason. Either way, I don't look or respond to profiles without photos. I'm just shallow that way.

It's a good policy, and having a photo usually increases the hits (unless you're me, mwaa haa haa), though for me I've found comfort with the large number of profiles with people who put many, many wonderful words in them... a picture tells a thousand words... but a thousand words is preferable to me... .or a thousand words WITH a picture.

Archived