New ASEXUAL Dating Site... and FREE. Asexualitic.Com

asexualitic

• 4 weeks later...
Statiscally there are very few asexual men. Men are under more pressure to be sexually active by society in my opinion, and therefore often hide their asexuality which may skew the numbers a bit. Most of the asexual men I know are the stereotypcal Star Wars nerds: Live with their parents, collect toys and/or comic books, a bit geeky, wouldn't mind a girlfriend but don't want to waste time to persue one. That pretty much describes me, only I don't live with my parents because my dad remarried and my mom is a drug-addicted psycho.

First off, Star Trek, not Star Wars :)

I certainly fit the bill for several of those:

* I'm a geek (and get paid for it)

* I have a collection of Superman comics (although I stopped adding to it about 15 years ago)

* The main reason I'd want a girlfriend is so people would stop bugging me about getting one

But I don't live with my parents -- I moved out for college when I was 20, and have been on my own since.

I like Star Trek

Live with my parents.

Collect penguins.

But wait...I'm a girl!

Statiscally there are very few asexual men. Men are under more pressure to be sexually active by society in my opinion, and therefore often hide their asexuality which may skew the numbers a bit. Most of the asexual men I know are the stereotypcal Star Wars nerds: Live with their parents, collect toys and/or comic books, a bit geeky, wouldn't mind a girlfriend but don't want to waste time to persue one. That pretty much describes me, only I don't live with my parents because my dad remarried and my mom is a drug-addicted psycho.

I still live with my parents because I can't afford to move out at all yet, which being at 20 isn't uncommon. I don't collect comic books but I read manga books, collect....dust, I am a bit geeky (especially if you count the computing and time I spend on the computer). I wouldn't say I wouldn't mind a girlfriend because the idea of it (mostly the issues tagged along by a relationship) kinda puts me off further. :unsure: Oh and I'm certainately not a Star Wars fan, but I much perfer Star Trek. :D

As for the asexual dating site, personally I'm really not keen on the idea of joining it let alone putting a picture of myself up so I won't even try it out but it looks good from the screenshot the OA put up. The idea sounds a bit contradictive, IMO, but I know it does fit well for those seeking asexual relationships, of course. :)

• 1 month later...
carried in bags

ok cool - i shall join up in a day or two.

carried in bags

ive just opened one up, and now i play the waiting game

I joined up as well, although I'm not too hopeful about finding someone as I seem to be the only Scandinavian person there... ah well, guess it doesn't hurt ;)

• 1 month later...

that site came up on a google search the other day and I've had it book marked. I am def going to make a profile. Maybe I can at least find some friends in the area that feel the same as me.

Harpo's Gookie

I am coming here to see if the admin for the site is reading this. I tried emailing thru the website and got no answer. I put my picture in my profile and after signing out notice that it also went into another girls profile. That was about a week ago. Since then another girls appeared in mine, I removed it and everything seemed okay until today when I see my pic is now on the front profile of 2 others. I am sick of it and deleted my profile from the site hoping it would take all my pics down with it. But I see that they still appear in other girls profiles. I wrote another email off the site today, I hope this can be fixed otherwise my pic is wrongly misrepresenting others and how can anyone using the site trust that who you see is who you are writing to?

Is anyone else having this problem? Just a warning to anyone signing up new you may encounter this problem. Can you tell I'm frustrated?

• 8 months later...

I signed up for asexualitic.com when I first noticed this post but I haven't used it much mainly because, annoyingly, I noticed that when you do a search of profiles, it also brings up people you are looking for men even if you are a woman. So basically most of the profiles coming up are no use to me and I don't feel like going through them. Or am I doing something wrong?

Jewelsandcrowns

Hi there 8)

I was on an asexual dating site and got tonnes of freaky people contact me. Tonnes!!

Not everyone was an asexual on thta site that was not hard to work out.

So I'm not going through that again ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I think the site is great! Thank you so much for making it... Just seeing other people like me out there has done wonders for me :]

Just a suggestion, but I think a chat room on the site would be great :]

I had/have a profile on this site, I deleted it but apparently it's still there.. even though i went through the deletion process.

I dont know whether the person running the site, well even runs it anymore. They haven't been on here since mid july 2008 *sigh*

I signed up on there last week, I kept getting matched with persons out of the country.

Kind of a bummer. <_< Hopefully, someone from around me will sign up ^_^

I did notice many do not use the name in aven perhaps that could lead to an element of not knowing others?

• 2 years later...

I find the site a bit un-usable. I know it is free, so complaining makes me look like an ass-hat. :( It is a really great idea for a website though.

This thread hasn’t been active for a long time and is now being locked to avoid thread necromancy. If anyone would like to discuss this topic further, feel free to start a new thread about it.

ithaca

Announcements Moderator

Archived