Asexuality in Psychology Today!

jitterbugg

Hello all.

We just got the August 2008 issue of Psychology Today in at work. I started flipping through it, reading it with a grain of salt. Let's just say that It's not exactly my favorite publication. With a thin women in leather with a whip on the cover. sleep.gif

Anyway, there's a story called: "Typically Twisted: Taboo impulses can be titillating..but more often they're a source of concern for those who harbor secret wishes or unusual desires. If you prefer gallows humor to slapstick or kinky to vanilla, take heart; Dark inclinations have their own logic and benefits."

There's actually a nice little intro about normality, and how "being normal is actually extraordinary". I have so-so feelings about the article as a whole, but onto the point of this post. (sorry for rambling)

The 3rd story is called "Not Tonight, Dear - Or ever: I'm not into sex." In this bit, a women shares her experience of asexuality, and I feel like this part of the article was pretty well done. smile.gif

So look out! I'm not sure where it's available or when it's available, but there you have it.

2014 Mod Edit: I'd like to thank thylacine for sending me a copy of this article, which can now be read by everyone:

It was on 2 pages, so I've cut it and pasted it together.

0im9Boi.jpg

Thanks, JB, for finding it. *searches for an e-copy*

I cannot read the article yet, but hope to soon.

But :redface: on buying a magazine with such a cover.

*looks forward to seeing the article* :)

I searched for 'asexual' on PsychologyToday's website, and the first result - out of a total of one results - was 'Best Whorehouse'.

Hmm.

thanks for the responses! it doesn't seem to be online yet, but hopefully they'll update soon. i'm not really familiar with how much overlap there is in their online posting and what's published in the journal.

i hope they get it up there though!

It's a pretty good article. I read it today.

Archived