Local Perth Radio- RTR FM

HD Ready

I got an email forwarded to myself from another forum member that a radio station in my city is going to be running a radio program on asexuality. Guess who volunteered?

I'm not sure what will be happening, the producer gave me a call this afternoon and mentioned something about maybe prerecording something, she said she'd call me back on Thursday..

As soon as I know more details I'll keep you guys in the loop.

I'm excited.
*EDITED INFO BELOW*

The show is going ahead Local Time Thursday June 19 11am WST (Same timezone as Singapore etc "GMT+8:00")
There is a thing on their site so you can listen live. There will be download too after the interview.

There is a stream on their website on the mainpage here
And a downloadable link will be on this page after it's gone to air. Morning Magazine

If you go onto the Morning Magazine webpage, Click the link "Replay this Morning Magazine" my interview is in the last 3rd of the play bar thing. If I can figure a way to save it and trim it down I will.

There is a DIRECT link here http://www.rtrfm.com.au/stories/type/inter...maninterest/691

2014 Mod Edit: The above link doesn't work anymore, but the page can be found here and the interview itself has been uploaded here:

ooh, that would be really neat! I hope you get to do it.

Awesome! Do you know if any other states can pick it up? If Victoria gets it I'll be sure to tune in!

Penumbra: The frequency is 92.1FM

I hope I don't make an ass of myself. I will ask and I hope they send me a list of questions so I can prepare answers without rambling on about crap :)

IT'S OFFICIAL.

This little piggy will be on the radio on Thurday 19th June around 11:15am talking about Asexuality what it's like to be asexual etc. The scary thing is I'm going to be LIVE on the radio I really hope I don't make an ass of myself as I was pretty damn nervous on the phone just chatting.

People in Perth can tune in to 92.1, otherwise there will be a live stream on their website. www.rtrfm.com.au and they also do downloads for those that miss it.....

It's good to see some Australian Asexual Visibility out there. Wish me luck people.

Good luck. I actually know one of the DJs at RTR, Andrea. If they ever do follow-ups, you should let me know! :)

I wonder if they ever would do a follow up, but if they do you can be sure I'd let you and every other avenite know.

My sister did work experience there many moons ago back when the studios where next to UWA, she even got to sit in on a show while it was on air. I must admit I'm a little scared about going on the radio but I'm sure I'll go ok.

*looks forward to the talk*

Could the show be saved and put in a URL?

Huge congrats for volunteering! :cake:

I haven't been contacted otherwise and as I believe all systems are go for tomorrow. I'm not feeling nervous thinking about it atm. I was nervous yesterday thinking about it, but I feel good atm.

It should be good :)

Thanks robby.

Listening back to it handled the interview pretty well.

SpirallingSnowy

Saj im about to have a listen of the restream of the show ( had to search thru their streaming of it lol....) :) Im really proud that you did the interview, cos i got the same email. considered it and chickened out ( would of had to do it at 9amish my time anyway lol) but yeah *hugs* yay for Aussie asexuals and radio stations who want to interview us :)

I heard the interview this morning. Well done saj :) - you spoke really well.

Now we totally have to organise an asexual Mardi Gras. :P

SpirallingSnowy

Saj that was an awesome interview, very eloquent and well spoken, and yay :D nicely done... and yes asexual mardi gras im sooooo there :D

Awww thanks guys.

I don't know about eloquent, I'm usually a lot more articulate apparentlly. Asexual Mardi gras. Yeah I'm up for it but I had to think there for a while... lol I'm not going to organise it, because I know what I'm like and I'd take it on board to organise the whole thing :P

I'm glad to hear you guys enjoyed it

Saj, you are a star! Good interview indeed.

We've spoken about it already, but I thought I'd make it official.

If we have the asexual Mardis Gras, you for king is my vote!

As everyone else said, it was a great interview! (Though the bit about "having no friends in real life" did crack me up, I must admit. I was wondering why you put that in the last post.) Well done!

~shinigami~

*listens* :] Good job saj! This is a really good interview.

I think it's interesting how in all the interviews I've listened to about asexuality (all of three. yeah.), they feel they have to talk about mainstream advertising...

oh my gosh I heard this a couple days ago... and I just started laughing out loud when you said the thing about gouging your eyes out... oh my... :P

Just wanted to say what everyone else is saying--good job. That interviewer would have made me feel rushed and flustered myself admittedly. : )

Aww thanks for the support and props guys :blush:

I'm glad you all enjoyed it, I was a tad nervous the first couple of questions but settled in pretty quickly (I don't have any friends in real life) as soon as I said that I was like...... awe crap, though I can completely find the humour in that ;)

It wasn't an overwhelming nervousnesses it was just the slightest feeling. If asked to go onto radio again to discuss asexuality I wouldn't hesitate, it's definitely one of the coolest things I've ever done.

After the show I even got a caller, and she congratulated me and everything and said how she though the same as I did, but she was blind so I couldn't direct her to aven :( Apparently that show doesn't tend to get much feedback and rarely gets callers so I thought it was awesome :)

Archived