Disappearing members

IT

Live R Perfect

Yeah, yeah! Any excuse to make another post! :roll:

Edit: Oops! I double posted by accident because of the 'No threads exist' message. NOW who looks like the spam-champion?!

Silly Green Monkey

I should add Kala to this list, to eliminate the no posts exists page.

That didn't work right away, so I figure I've got to make this post as big as possible to ensure that it goes onto the next page. So I'll babble a bit, just need a subject.... No posting exists for this topic seems to me to be related perhaps to the size of sigs and avs, so that they may overlap onto the next page but due to the size of the text, it's not permitted by the computer. Or something, I know nothing about this.

I give up. Someone else post, so the third page has something on it.

Interesting. There is a link for page 3 for this thread, but no matter where I click it, I get no post for this topic notice, so I am adding this to the bottoom of page 2 to see what happens.

I don't know if he saw my lament here or it was just by chance, but orderinchaos AIMed me over the weekend. We had a very nice message section. He is on his 3 month round-the-world tour, and was in Turkey when we chatted.

boa

I should add Kala to this list, to eliminate the no posts exists page.

He's alive and well; I saw him today. But he's decided not to post because he became quite addicted last time. We know what that's like, hmm? :D

That didn't work right away, so I figure I've got to make this post as big as possible to ensure that it goes onto the next page.

I thought there were exactly 30 posts per page, regardless of their size.

Or does size affect it too? (It doesn't seem to on any of the 'past 24 hours' threads, as far as I can tell.)

He's alive and well; I saw him today. But he's decided not to post because he became quite addicted last time. We know what that's like, hmm? :D

He says that like it's a bad thing.

YES

1337 members!

800y4 +0 7h4+!

Oh....and "I'm not dead yet!"

"I FEEL HAPPY!....I FEEL HAPP....*ooph!*"

• 1 month later...

I'm undisappeared, sort of. Kind of wondering if that's a good thing given my traditional longwinded and bitter posts. My sexual interest level hasn't changed-- if anything, my traditional concept of "semisexual" or "cyclic but generally low interest" has gone into a long "even less interest than usual" phase since I went through a medium-interest phase in May or so, and the person I was interested in was completely disrespectful of me and the very concept of having cyclic sexual interest.

In my "real" (offline) life I have sort of tired of explaining myself to others or discussing the topics of committed nonsexual relationships, low sexual interest, etc. Tired of being insulted and/or patronized even though that isn't always what happens. And sort of tired of the "queer" model of relationship freedom, with all its categories and subcategories. People knew me as "bi" for a while and as "bi, low interest," when I was part of this queer labeling structure, but I kind of like the idea of having a "coming-in" (opposite of coming out) where I go back to being just Dave, who never bothers to date and wants to live with close friends and helps them finish their basements and so forth. That having been said, I understand that Aven's queer-based model will have advantages in organizing since people already have a structure to put the ideas into.

I have spared you guys MOST of my rant on gay marriage, about how it is a good idea but helped cost us the election and how I don't trust most of the gays to show respect or tolerance for non-married or non-sexual types of families after they "get theirs." Many of the people who were most insulting to me about my relationship preferences were gay or bi. I'm pretty cynical right now, although encouraged by news from AVENguy that asexuality is taking off in Europe.

davelwhite

I went on a posting spree as soon as I got here -- about 100 messages in 4 days? But school life and work are clamping down on me again... well, not that they weren't in the first place, I was just ignoring them. :o

There's also got to be lots of people more busy than me, and an online community just is fluid like this.

Over in another community I'm in, I've completely left the forums because I don't have the energy to keep up, but I'm still involved via IRC. *shrug* We don't have a real IRC channel, though.

[edit]

Re-read -- and confused myself.

I'm not a missing person! :P That would be weird... "I'm missing!"

Just that I expect that lots of people are much busier than me, and alternative means of communication (AIM, IRC, ...) occurs outside of these forums too.

Glad to see you're [semi?] back, Dave! Sorry to hear about your latest revelations. Hopefully it'll all turn out.

98slbrookes98

I may come and go but thats only because I'm busy with work and stuff.

• 2 months later...

I'm updating a list of people who I've noticed haven't been around much.

Desedenflau - 20 Oct 2004 (last posted)

chibiryuu - 23 Nov 2004

Virago - 09 Dec 2004

pyromancer - 09 Dec 2004

Bex - 17 Dec 2004

anythingtestdead

I have been going to school and um...........trying to escape from Oregon............That didnt work............so Im back in Oregon going to school......................................................I dont know how long I was gone from AVEN.......Mabey It wasnt that long....but it seems like it was....hehe......................thanks.....

Vicious Trollop

Hey all, I'm still around. I've gotten out of the habit of checking in as much as I used to and when I do stop by I haven't had much to say --

I guess it's partly because I feel like I've explored my asexuality as much as I can, and partly because I've become very anti-labels... Though I feel no more sexual than I did 2 months ago, I want to keep myself open to whatever feels right at any given moment. I suppose right now I'm not thinking of myself as asexual precisely, but a person who currently has no use for sexual relationships... For whatever that's worth.

Anyway, I've missed y'all a lot, so I'm going to try to check in more often! Right now it feels like it's the posters and not the subject of asexuality that draws me to this site.

Hope everyone's been well!

Live R Perfect
I guess it's partly because I feel like I've explored my asexuality as much as I can, and partly because I've become very anti-labels... Though I feel no more sexual than I did 2 months ago, I want to keep myself open to whatever feels right at any given moment. I suppose right now I'm not thinking of myself as asexual precisely, but a person who currently has no use for sexual relationships... For whatever that's worth.

Anyway, I've missed y'all a lot, so I'm going to try to check in more often! Right now it feels like it's the posters and not the subject of asexuality that draws me to this site.

Glad you are alive and well! I think a lot of people can relate to what you are saying, as illustrated in the poll about why people come to AVEN that Cate started a while back. For a lot of us this place is 90% a social gathering, 10% discussion of asexuality. I too am content with my explorations of my asexuality so far but I keep being drawn back to the people here! And you never know... someone might bring up something that causes you to rethink what you think you know.

Anyhow, hope to see you around here for a long time yet, Virago! :wink:

I'm undisappeared, sort of. Kind of wondering if that's a good thing given my traditional longwinded and bitter posts. My sexual interest level hasn't changed-- if anything, my traditional concept of "semisexual" or "cyclic but generally low interest" has gone into a long "even less interest than usual" phase since I went through a medium-interest phase in May or so, and the person I was interested in was completely disrespectful of me and the very concept of having cyclic sexual interest.

In my "real" (offline) life I have sort of tired of explaining myself to others or discussing the topics of committed nonsexual relationships, low sexual interest, etc. Tired of being insulted and/or patronized even though that isn't always what happens. And sort of tired of the "queer" model of relationship freedom, with all its categories and subcategories. People knew me as "bi" for a while and as "bi, low interest," when I was part of this queer labeling structure, but I kind of like the idea of having a "coming-in" (opposite of coming out) where I go back to being just Dave, who never bothers to date and wants to live with close friends and helps them finish their basements and so forth. That having been said, I understand that Aven's queer-based model will have advantages in organizing since people already have a structure to put the ideas into.

I have spared you guys MOST of my rant on gay marriage, about how it is a good idea but helped cost us the election and how I don't trust most of the gays to show respect or tolerance for non-married or non-sexual types of families after they "get theirs." Many of the people who were most insulting to me about my relationship preferences were gay or bi. I'm pretty cynical right now, although encouraged by news from AVENguy that asexuality is taking off in Europe.

davelwhite

Davel, I don't think I have met you before. I agree mostly with your opinion, and on the points with which I don't agree, I still would really like to read what you have to say. I think we need more long-winded rants. Please come back more fully!

Archived