To meet Like Minded Asexual People

77pip77

I read differnet people,s comments about them selves.But what I think is missing is what each individual asexual is truely looking for. e.g. I would love to talk to Guys and girls for friendship but I would one day love to meet a nice asexual guy who shares the same interests ect. I know also there are asexuals who don,t ever want to have a relationship. So that woul narrow it down for me to post to likeminded Asexuals. I personally would not want a asexual relationship with someone over 52 or under 35 and its not being nasty. Its being honest so that people can tell people truths of who they are looking for to talk to. I would also like to chat to ladies for friendship. So If you don,t know what forum to go on you could go on this forum and say exactly who you are and look for what you want,age,friendship,relationship,just a chat, some advice,your dreams, your goals.what you are looking for,your humour, your likes,dislikes,best films,worst films,songs,books etc. But no b--l-hi--ing. all honest requirements of people who are like minded for each and everyone of us who are asexual but who are different in certain ways which makes the world go round.

OK, I'll start. What I truly want is to find someone who has seen "Ninth Gate" and who can explain the ending to me. We watched it on television, so it is possible we saw an edited version. Were any of the characters in the movie the devil? If so, which one and why do you think so? What did the sex scene towards the end have to do with the price of rice in China?

Lucinda

P.S. Pip, welcome! :)

What I truely want is to be left alone 99% of the time but maybe once every couple of months I'd like to have a nice man take me out to lunch or dinner I don't care what he looks like or his age, he just must be able to carry on an intelligent conversation, have a sense of humor, and have money for the meal :rolleyes: ; and maybe once a month I'd like to have a couple of female friends stop by for a BRIEF visit, 20-30 minutes tops. Otherwise I am perfectly content alone.

What I truely want is to be left alone 99% of the time but maybe once every couple of months I'd like to have a nice man take me out to lunch or dinner I don't care what he looks like or his age, he just must be able to carry on an intelligent conversation, have a sense of humor, and have money for the meal :rolleyes: ; and maybe once a month I'd like to have a couple of female friends stop by for a BRIEF visit, 20-30 minutes tops. Otherwise I am perfectly content alone.

Hi Ya I love your reply its sensible, honest and sincere. NICE ONE !!!

I'd like someone to whom I'm the most important person in the world and with whom I can talk about anything and everything. However, I don't want him to have any expectations of me whatsoever (certainly not sex) and I don't want him around when I don't want him around, which is most of the time. Kind of impossible, I think, unless an asexual man happens to appear on my doorstep and says the same things to me, and considering everyone I know seems to be centered on sex, from age 20 through 70, or remembering having sex with longing and regret that it's not happening any more, and expecting a woman to bring it to them again, I don't have much expectation of finding the above situation.

I'd like someone to whom I'm the most important person in the world and with whom I can talk about anything and everything. However, I don't want him to have any expectations of me whatsoever (certainly not sex) and I don't want him around when I don't want him around, which is most of the time. Kind of impossible, I think, unless an asexual man happens to appear on my doorstep and says the same things to me, and considering everyone I know seems to be centered on sex, from age 20 through 70, or remembering having sex with longing and regret that it's not happening any more, and expecting a woman to bring it to them again, I don't have much expectation of finding the above situation.

Hi Ya, Well you have said basically more of what you don,t want and a tiny of what you do want. Have you got friends ? do they know you are asexual ? Do you want more friends. If you knew there was an outing with other asexuals near your district would you go ?

I asked questions because I know there are different needs for different people and its good to let people see what you and they truley want to attract like minded conversations.

I actually did say what I really want. Most of us don't really start with a laundry list of details and then go out and shop for friends or more-than-friends -- it's a bit more complex than that, and the older you get (and this is the older asexual forum), the more complicated it gets.

I actually did say what I really want. Most of us don't really start with a laundry list of details and then go out and shop for friends or more-than-friends -- it's a bit more complex than that, and the older you get (and this is the older asexual forum), the more complicated it gets.

Im actually mature and knows that life is what you make it. Im not suggesting to go shop for friends. Thats up to the individual. You sound defensive and that is also up to you. knowing how a person is and feels helps each individual choose who they can relate to and there are so many forums some times its easier for people to find who they want to talk to my finding out more about the other person on this forum. just because this site is for older asexuals does,nt mean we have to stop trying to make friends if we so wish. I also don,t think you should worry about the most of us attitude and just speak for yourself.

I read differnet people,s comments about them selves.But what I think is missing is what each individual asexual is truely looking for. e.g. I would love to talk to Guys and girls for friendship but I would one day love to meet a nice asexual guy who shares the same interests ect. I know also there are asexuals who don,t ever want to have a relationship. So that woul narrow it down for me to post to likeminded Asexuals. I personally would not want a asexual relationship with someone over 52 or under 35 and its not being nasty. Its being honest so that people can tell people truths of who they are looking for to talk to. I would also like to chat to ladies for friendship. So If you don,t know what forum to go on you could go on this forum and say exactly who you are and look for what you want,age,friendship,relationship,just a chat, some advice,your dreams, your goals.what you are looking for,your humour, your likes,dislikes,best films,worst films,songs,books etc. But no b--l-hi--ing. all honest requirements of people who are like minded for each and everyone of us who are asexual but who are different in certain ways which makes the world go round.

What I truly want is a loving, exclusive companionship with a nice woman around my age. Someone with no baggage, kids, meddling exes/in-laws, just someone who is happy being left alone to enjoy her life the way I'm enjoying mine. I would like her to live closeby (which is why it's a long shot) but not in my lap. I would like her to have her own interests as well as share some of mine so that when we get together we can talk about what interests us, as well as share our other information with each other. I would like someone to hold hands with when we walk (it's easy to do here!!) and cuddle with when it's just the two of us.

I echo Cijay in what I want, as an expansion of what I said in my post.

77pip77, AVEN is one of the few places I feel that I can say what I think and feel. That may be true for other posters also. I don't feel comfortable posting what I feel and then being scolded or called defensive. If you don't agree with me (or any other particular posting), that's fine. This is a discussion board; we don't have to reach consensus.

you want to practice what you preach. AND !!!! YOUR OFF MY CHRISTMAS AND BIRTHDAY LIST. :evil:

What I truly want is a loving, exclusive companionship with a nice woman around my age. Someone with no baggage, kids, meddling exes/in-laws, just someone who is happy being left alone to enjoy her life the way I'm enjoying mine. I would like her to live closeby (which is why it's a long shot) but not in my lap. I would like her to have her own interests as well as share some of mine so that when we get together we can talk about what interests us, as well as share our other information with each other. I would like someone to hold hands with when we walk (it's easy to do here!!) and cuddle with when it's just the two of us.

Hi CJ thats sounds awesome !! I,ve been reading some of your posts and you sound like a really cool person. I bet the sunsets and sunrises are awesome where you are too !!

I echo Cijay in what I want, as an expansion of what I said in my post.

77pip77, AVEN is one of the few places I feel that I can say what I think and feel. That may be true for other posters also. I don't feel comfortable posting what I feel and then being scolded or called defensive. If you don't agree with me (or any other particular posting), that's fine. This is a discussion board; we don't have to reach consensus.

Do you have dual personalities ?? cus u like to say things like ;;; MOST OF US and ;; WE DON,T.

77pip77, welcome back to AVEN. (You've been gone a YEAR!!??) We've upgraded the cake! cakex2-1.png

I would like to remind you to check out the revised Terms Of Service in case you haven't already done so. There have been a few changes in the last year. They are listed here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=19982

I also want to remind everybody that it can be easy to mis-interpret the way that things are meant on a message board because there is no tone of voice with typed messages.

Let's all try to keep our communications as friendly as possible, okay? And please always give each other the benefit of the doubt if a message can be taken in more than one way.

-GB (forum mod)

77pip77, welcome back to AVEN. (You've been gone a YEAR!!??) We've upgraded the cake! cakex2-1.png

I would like to remind you to check out the revised Terms Of Service in case you haven't already done so. There have been a few changes in the last year. They are listed here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?showtopic=19982

I also want to remind everybody that it can be easy to mis-interpret the way that things are meant on a message board because there is no tone of voice with typed messages.

Let's all try to keep our communications as friendly as possible, okay? And please always give each other the benefit of the doubt if a message can be taken in more than one way.

-GB (forum mod)

I hope this message goes the same way for sally. If you you read her second message carefully there is nothing friendly at all in the message. tone or no tone.

-GB (forum mod)

I hope this message goes the same way for sally. If you you read her second message carefully there is nothing friendly at all in the message. tone or no tone.

WhenI was writing these comments I was gigling and smiling so yes I guess YOU can miss interpret like the rest of the human race. Also I say what I think and if people are not used to that then they should,nt reply.. Depends on the strength of the person recieving it. But its in my profile that Im honest.

Hi CJ thats sounds awesome !! I,ve been reading some of your posts and you sound like a really cool person. I bet the sunsets and sunrises are awesome where you are too !!

morning.jpg sunrise

ferry.jpg sunset

Yes! I'm partial to sunsets but the sunrises can be beautiful, too. Now that it's getting to be summer, the evenings sometimes take on that 'desert blue' type of tint to them.

-GB (forum mod)

WhenI was writing these comments I was gigling and smiling so yes I guess YOU can miss interpret like the rest of the human race. Also I say what I think and if people are not used to that then they should,nt reply.. Depends on the strength of the person recieving it. But its in my profile that Im honest.

I can definitely misinterpret comments. I have done so in the past and I probably will do so again in the future. I'm not stupid, however.

I've been around long enough to know that honesty and lack of tact are NOT the same thing, even though I have known (and still know) several tactless people who would strongly deny this.

Can you interpret my tone of voice or my motive in making this post? I'm tempted to tell you outright, but that would take all of the fun out of it. :P

Here's a clue:

I want to see you have a long and enjoyable stay at AVEN. The political climate here has become very intolerant of anything even remotely resembling an insult lately, and, while I usually vote against warning people for minor offenses, I only have one vote.

(I've been wanting to play with that feature for a long time!)

-GB

morning.jpg sunrise

ferry.jpg sunset

Yes! I'm partial to sunsets but the sunrises can be beautiful, too. Now that it's getting to be summer, the evenings sometimes take on that 'desert blue' type of tint to them.

HI cijay love the photos, beautiful. Im not sure how to send photos on here but I have some that will take your breath away to. cheers !!

-GB (forum mod)

I can definitely misinterpret comments. I have done so in the past and I probably will do so again in the future. I'm not stupid, however.

I've been around long enough to know that honesty and lack of tact are NOT the same thing, even though I have known (and still know) several tactless people who would strongly deny this.

Can you interpret my tone of voice or my motive in making this post? I'm tempted to tell you outright, but that would take all of the fun out of it. :P

Here's a clue:

I want to see you have a long and enjoyable stay at AVEN. The political climate here has become very intolerant of anything even remotely resembling an insult lately, and, while I usually vote against warning people for minor offenses, I only have one vote.

(I've been wanting to play with that feature for a long time!)

-GB

Hi GB When I write this to you Im happy :D I don,t agree with you. Sally is a regular here and your bound to protect her, regulars stick together. Im saying your calling me tactless but I can say that im not any shape or form. Like I said before if the person in question was,nt happy with my questions she should,nt have answered me and moved on. I hav,nt broken any rules and Im not the only one who is suggested to have misinterpreted what I said. I think It would be best if we agree to disagree. Thankyou for welcoming me back the other day too. :blush: I forgot to mention it .

77pip77: Stop discussing me by name. Enough. This has risen to the level of harassment.

77pip77: Stop discussing me by name. Enough. This has risen to the level of harassment.

Paranoid more like

Archived