1. 1. Are you a workaholic?

• No, I'm a bum!
    • No, I have hobbies.
    • Yes, I love the $$$
    • Yes, it grounds discipline in me.
    • It is just something you have to do.

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Fosco

I love my job, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ well £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ are better for me

"It is just something you have to do."

Although £s are nice. ;)

Not at all, I'm lazy as hell.

"No, I have hobbies."

"It's just something you have to do."

I consider work a necessary evil. I live for the weekends, and vacations. I could never understand the people who bring their (work) laptop computer with them on vacation, so they're constantly connected to the "office." How sad.

Work? ew!

*slaps self*

...I mean... nah, that's pretty much what I mean. I'll be a workaholic once the internet is banned and I get a job that doesn't make me want to hurt myself... or others (like the friend whose hand I almost took off when he tried to high five me in a very bad moment... even though I jerked it to a stop quickly, I still managed to temporarily maim the poor guy. I felt so bad I started laughing and crying at once and told him he should probably assess my mood before initiating contact. A good rule of thumb for anyone, anytime).

I really just see my job as something I have to do sometimes so that I can support my social/hobby life.

I work because I don't have a choice. I don't like it, especially since I have to deal with loud, annoying, obnoxious co-workers all day. Some days, I work overtime, but it's because I need the money. I think that I would be a workaholic if I had a job that I liked, but since I don't like my current job I'm not workaholic at all.

I don't enjoy my job enough to be a workaholic now, though a year or so back when I was enjoying my job I used to spend a lot more time working on it.

I guess is depends on what you're doing really.

I be incredibly lazy.

emmarainbow

I'm not productive! I'm on forums like this! :)

I'm a student - I don't even have a job atm. Although when I go home I intend to get a ridiculous amount of work done to get back here and be a bum again in Aberystwyth. Ugh, night shifts here I come...

In terms of coursework and the like... I leave it to the last minute and then work ridiculously hard overnight to get it done. Worked for more than 30 hours straight to get my art cw in. However, it was sub-standard because I did so much of it at the last minute, so I can work hard, but in a misplaced fashion.

"Work" is a funny thing when one is a grad student. All told, I probably still do an awful lot of what counts as it for me.

I love working and its driving me insane not to be working... I ♥ $$ too....

To quote Jerome K Jerome (I think..must check one day).."I love work. I can sit and look at it for hours"

Supposedly work is three times deadlier than war. I don't fancy putting that to the test just yet.

• 1 year later...

I love the moeny but i love to bum... go figure good thing i pla n on getting paid for my hoppies :D

but yeah i reakon asexuals are more productive

Didn't vote. I have multiple volunteer jobs and love to work; on the other hand, when I'm at home I tend to do useless things like read, play video games, and copy the phone book.

When I work, I'm always trying to find ways to become more efficient to maximize my time and efforts to fill the saved time with more work. Then, when I run out of things to work on, my mind becomes restless because I feel as though I could be applying myself somewhere else. --that's at school, though.. or at a volunteer job.

When I'm not in a work-environment, I am the complete opposite.

So... *looks around*

I'm probably a workaholic, lately I've been lazy and only been working about 55 hours a week. It's almost 1 A.M. here and I'm tempted to start a project, but I'm not going to and that irratates me a little. Besides I have to be at the office at 7:30.

Well I wasn't really too sure of which choice I should vote for.

I do like making money, but I'm still in high school and when it comes to homework, I am the BEST procrastinator you're ever seen! haha

I voted "grounds discipline", but, more than that, I just like working. I like to be able to go to work and just not have to think about anything but, say, making sandwiches or doing dishes (I work at a Cafe) for a few hours. And, my coworkers are awesome. :D

Money is nice, too, but not a priority... or, rather, it used to not be a priority. Now, there's not really a choice. <_<

Guest member25959

I would say I definatley have more time to do stuff, since I'm not interested in relationships or sex or what have you. But I'm harldy a workoholic, quite the opposite at the moment :D

• 3 months later...

BIG TIME WORKAHOLIC, ever since i started my last job i've just being working non-stop, i used to be lazy though. I've gotten overtime three times already and i make minimum wage. during the summer i worked 7 days a week, now i work 5 and feel like i have nothing to do.

Archived