So that's what an asexual is

boctober

Hi, everybody. Glad to find you. I'm going through menopause and now have no sex drive. I felt something was wrong with me. When I tell men about it, they look at me funny. Guess they don't know the meaning of asexual. Anyway, do asexuals date? How do I meet other asexuals in my area (Houston, Tx).

Welcome, Boctober. Have some cake! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Most of us have never had any sex drive -- asexual all our lives but haven't known that we were, per se. Many of us older asexuals have tried to fit in by marrying/dating, etc. Doesn't work very well as the sexual in the relationship wants and likes something we don't, and the asexual feels like they're depriving the sexual. I don't know how you meet other asexuals -- short of posting a sign in your yard or taking out an ad. I've tried Craigslist and that doesn't seem to work. I don't think men believe you when you tell them ... and some of us have said that older men may be less able to have sex, but they sure want to keep the impression (and believe themselves) that they're still studs. So....not much advice to offer.

There's another thread on dating you might look at -- people giving their experiences with what most call dating.

Many asexuals are happy to simply live their lives on their own, with non-sexual friends and family. It is more difficult for those who have had relationships most of their lives and now can't fit into those relationships anymore. You kind of have to see yourself in a different light, once you've determined/decided that you are (now) asexual.

There's a forum that lists AVEN meet ups, perhaps there's one you can get to, or try to set up your own. But although some AVEN couples have met this way, it's a rarity. However, welcome to AVEN and have some welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Tan

< retired >

Welcome, have some :cake: :cake:

Yes, 'we' date, although it's a bit tricky in a sexual world. Maybe you can find a nice guy in Houston (or Texas :lol:) going through the male version of menopause.

It is true that most of us were asexual like "forever." But anyway, welcome to the club.

I guess you can date if you want to, but don't have to...

Hi, everybody. Glad to find you. I'm going through menopause and now have no sex drive. I felt something was wrong with me. When I tell men about it, they look at me funny. Guess they don't know the meaning of asexual. Anyway, do asexuals date? How do I meet other asexuals in my area (Houston, Tx).

of course men look at you funny! because the majority of them can only think with the head between their legs and w/o using it they have no self worth. I never had any sex drive and when I started menopause I finally had a reason to give people why I had no desire! Menopause empowered me! even though the hot flashes were miserable once I got them under control it was smooth sailing. I've never had a date with an asexual, least not that I know of and most of us seem to be more introverted and/or loners I figure it's not likely I will.

Enjoy your freedom from sexual emotional "needs" and I hope you blossom with that freedom.

Archived