If someone ever tried to set me up for a one-night-stand, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. If a "friend" can't accept me for who I am and respect my decision to remain single, then they're not worth the frienship.

It may seem harsh, but I don't want to deal with people who try forcing me to have one-night-stands. I'm tolerant, they should be too.

GoblinQueen
In college, a person told me I deserved a "good rape" to "fix my problem." This person was a professor who got too close to students, and should be fired. But I didn't want to cause problems and affect my grades.

WTF? A good rape? :blink: What is a bad rape then?

Anyway, back on topic. I've had friends set me up on dates because they thought we were a perfect match. One guy was so much fun that we ended up going to a Star Trek convention-along with his BOYfreind! LOL! No worries though. I made a new friend. :D

In college, a person told me I deserved a "good rape" to "fix my problem." This person was a professor who got too close to students, and should be fired. But I didn't want to cause problems and affect my grades.

WTF? A good rape? :blink: What is a bad rape then?

Anyway, back on topic. I've had friends set me up on dates because they thought we were a perfect match. One guy was so much fun that we ended up going to a Star Trek convention-along with his BOYfreind! LOL! No worries though. I made a new friend. :D

I think that was in one of the Vagina Monologues, too. (I've only heard 3 monologues, but I heard that was in one) I think a "good" rape would be non-legally consensual sex between a person that's still a minor and someone that isn't a minor, but is within a reasonable age range (let's say 2 or 3 years, not that I'm an expert on age differences in teen couples). Legally, it's rape, but neither would consider it rape in the forced/against their will sense of the term. But, in college, I doubt that applies.

That person probably thought she was cute. But it really destroyed any friendship between us, and I never trusted her again. People can really destroy relationships by trying to be "cute."