AVENiversary

Cate Perfect

Cate Perfect

The site's anniversary is this month--the 29th. Are we going to try to have a big meetup online?

Or just loads of cake?

Cate

HEY!! :D Yeah! Our AVEN will be in the terrible twos!! Let's party (in a couple weeks)!

Here's an intersting thing-- the board and the revamping of the site date from may 29 2002

but according to this, it existed in a prehistoric form from march 10 2001

http://asexuality.org/New.htm

here's a one year anniversary thread

http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewt...401d93543fb4182

I was a nerd then as well, and pointed out the march 10 thing then, too.

It turned into a conversation about bubble wrap.

How totally strange ... Aven must have been almost brand new when I first discovered it. I had just returned from a funeral for a friend who died on Mother's day of 2002.

Some incidents at the funeral had once again started me thinking about my being asexual ... and a few weeks later, on a whim, I looked it up on Google. Aven was a LONG way down the list at that time, but I came across it eventually. I was fascinated, and greatly relieved to find others like myself, but after a lifetime of trouble associated with being "a" I wasn't quite ready to admit to it in public.

Just think, if I hadn't been too cowardly to join at that time, I could have had about a GAZILLION posts by now! :wink:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO AVEN !!!

-Greybird

bard of aven
It turned into a conversation about bubble wrap.

The official passtime of AVEN, that.

boa

Happy birthday to us! And I'd like a seat in the no-balloon area please (I can't stand them, the popping, the farty sounds and ESPECIALLY the smell of them!)

i told you guys we'd reach 1000 member by the time AVEN's anniversary came up. ::mrgreen::

To clear that up:

I origionally put up the site on my wesleyan webspace (http://djay.web.wesleyan.edu) It was just info then, though I got in touch with a coupla people over e-mail. In 2002 I acquired the asexuality.org domain (for $25 from a guy with the back of his car filled with toilet paper, WHY he had it is beyond me.) That summer I put up the forum and redesigned the site.

I'm member 74, I think . . . Must have been during the early days. Then again, new members were not that common way back then :shock:

In 2002 I acquired the asexuality.org domain (for $25 from a guy with the back of his car filled with toilet paper, WHY he had it is beyond me.)

LOL!!! :mrgreen: hey, gorax, you still have that toilet paper roll that you showed us? cause if you do...

WE HAVE A MASCOT!!! :mrgreen:

fluffy_hime

Gorax was #78. Dese, you were #818. This info is available under Memberlist...for dorks like me who like to waste time. animesweat.gif

Cate Perfect

I'm 389. I'm just a wee bairn. :D

Cate

VivreEstEsperer

I was trying to remember what number I was and was guessing three hundred something, then looked back and found I was number 129 !

*celebrates*

Kate

In 2002 I acquired the asexuality.org domain (for $25 from a guy with the back of his car filled with toilet paper, WHY he had it is beyond me.)

LOL!!! :mrgreen: hey, gorax, you still have that toilet paper roll that you showed us? cause if you do...

WE HAVE A MASCOT!!! :mrgreen:

I DO! I DO!

It's still sitting atop my computer :D I don't know if the pic of it is still online, though.

VivreEstEsperer

oh, yeah, and I second the dancing in the field thing.... *smiles at Tressa*

Archived