• 90-110 (normal)
    • 110-130
    • 130-160
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • Mind your own beeswax!

This poll is closed to new votes

mylittlehazmat

*shamelessly adds her FB IQ test answer of 146* Oh yes.

No, honestly, I don't think the IQ test is in any way legitimate. Your IQ is as good as you are at taking the tests, that's about it. I'll stick with being smart in areas that interest me and door-knob dumb in things that don't.

Mine's about 140, I think. I'm considered 'the smart one' at my school, but I can be really terrible in some things, such as algebra. Which is a big problem when math is heavily emphasized. :(

I got 153 from an educational psychologist (tested as part of the requirements for extra time in exams). I would generally agree that IQ is a terrible measure of intelligence, but it can be fun when dealing with people bragging about how much smarter they are than anyone else in the room. It's also a fairly decent snapshot for when you need clear distinctions - it might not be very accurate, but it does provide a quick reference point (as long as people don't start practicing).

Is there any particular reason it's 130-160, not 130+?

I would suspect that the reason the results are so high is that the only people who want to share their IQ are those who either are really intelligent, or like to think they are.

Also, I'm fairly sure that thre can be a fair amount of variation between tests. Up to about 20 points, from memory.

No, the above four paragraphs don't really have anything to do with one another :).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived