Sexless: Reasons- Are they important?

Euney

Hi Everyone!! It's me, Euney. I was just wondering if there are a lot more people like us out there. I think there are. I know that there are some who TRY to be for religious reasons, and others who WANT to be for the sake of their nether regions and pocket book (Condoms, KY, toys, hookers and STD's can all cost quite a bit, not to mention that $65,000 orgasm via repeat child support....), but I think that there are more that really are than even people want to admit. Is it chemical? Trauma? Genetic? Upbringing? Who cares, really....

I will be more vocal about it, I can tell ya that. Now that I know I really am not alone or weird or different, I feel more able to talk about the fact -if it comes up- that this is the way I am.

You know- there are the people who look at you weird and then there are others who you can tell are like, "Wow- that would UNcomplicate so much...."

Adieu for now!

I have spoken to lots of Online buddies in this last 12 months and a lot of them have said that they really aren't into sex that much and when I say "don't do it then if you don't want to" they say "yeah but my friends will think I'm weird" and I actually got to wondering if there maybe are lots more of us lot about but people need to feel a part of something and accepted so they go along with everyone else, no matter how miserable it makes them........

I too think that there must be a hell of a lot of people out there that don't get turned on by sex.

The problem is that most people who fall into this category don't want to be thought of as a weirdo so they just keep quiet about it.

It'd be interesting to do a survey on the number of asexuals in the population, but I wonder how accurate it could ever be as most people who are asexual probably don't realise it and those that do probably don't want to admit it.

Sounds like the friends you speak of are standard issue sexual losers who are trying to sound as cool as asexuals. It's in to dislike things that are popular, even sex, especially when it's obvious that asexuals are far superior to everyone else.

I don't think there are many asexuals out there. If people like to jerk off, then they'll go find somebody to screw, and then they're like everybody else. If people do what they don't want to do for the sake of someone else's opinion of them, then the spineless chickenshits who deserve whatever stupid angst their hormones get them in.

Sounds like the friends you speak of are standard issue sexual losers who are trying to sound as cool as asexuals. It's in to dislike things that are popular, even sex, especially when it's obvious that asexuals are far superior to everyone else.

I don't think there are many asexuals out there. If people like to jerk off, then they'll go find somebody to screw, and then they're like everybody else. If people do what they don't want to do for the sake of someone else's opinion of them, then the spineless chickenshits who deserve whatever stupid angst their hormones get them in.

I'm sure that there are quite a few asexuals out there, but they may not be aware of the term "asexual." Perhaps they call themselves celibate or try to pass themselves off as straight in order to fit in with the majority of the population. Some might feel ashamed of the fact that they don't want to have sex because society and the media make it seem like everyone *should* want sex- or else there's something seriously wrong with them. Ugh.

More visibility is needed. I bet there are quite a lot of asexuals out there who haven't discovered what asexuality is and who just think of themselves as wierd or whatever - they need to know asexuals exist.

I too have had people say to me "I wish I was asexual, life would be so much simpler, I don't really like sex" etc. Now apart from disputing the "life would be simpler" bit, the other thing I find difficult to understand from these people is that it's the ones who say they have a "high" sex drive, dump their current partner because they aren't having sex often enough, or sleep around as often as possible, who seem to be the people who say these things to me. If I suggest they try a bit of celibacy to see what they think, they don't sound keen. They seem to have the attitude that sex is something they are compelled to do (by their biology? by society?), and that they don't really want to stop doing it no matter how much they might claim not to like it. Does anybody have any idea why this is?

Whelp...word ot out and now my whole family knows, and apperently I "am the devil" :twisted: eh, what are you gonna do.

If I suggest they try a bit of celibacy to see what they think, they don't sound keen. They seem to have the attitude that sex is something they are compelled to do (by their biology? by society?), and that they don't really want to stop doing it no matter how much they might claim not to like it. Does anybody have any idea why this is?

Because it's cool to not like things that are popular. Anybody who says they wish they were asexual is full of shit. They're just tired of getting fucked by who they fuck.

VivreEstEsperer

I think, they're tired of getting hurt, tired of having their emotions getting yanked back and forth, tired of all the hurt that goes along with love... they can't stop because it does seem that the majority of the population *does* have some kind of biological sex drive and they need it, they want it, even if they end up hating what it does to them. So they find themselves wishing that they didn't have these feelings in the first place. If you suggest to them to be celibate, it won't work, because they'll still have the feelings.

It's probably akin to telling someone "Stop comparing yourself to others and then you won't get hurt!" They can try, but in the end the hurtful feelings are still going to be there. And they may wish that they just didn't have to deal with those feelings every time they got near someone they percieved as better than them.

So I'm just throwing out the possibility that these friends might wish they didn't have to deal with the more negative points of sex (it doesn't, after all, sound too appealing) but they still have the biological urges to have sex and they perhaps wish they didn't.

which reminds me of a verse from a song - sara evans, i keep looking...

"Well, the straight haired girls, they all want curls, and the brunettes want to be blonde.. it's a typical thing, you got yin you want yang, it just goes on and on... just as soon as I get what I want I get unsatisfied... I keep looking, I keep looking, I keep looking for something more."

I love that song.

Kate

Yeah, well, that's also like telling us to just try sex. If, excuse me, I have no will to take up their suggestion, why should they take up mine?

I don't know. The asexual crowd seems to be obscenely small. I hang around mostly with people who aren't straight but I have never met another person who considers themselves to be asexual. It could be that people just assume that they are kinda weird or something or just trying to be normal but it still seems to be really small minority.

• 2 months later...

I had a gal I knew who was telling me she was celibate. ( this was in a public place where I blurted this out without thinking!) Well I knew her track record and laughed . I told her she was not Celibate, but was just abstaining " holding her breath until next time!" She just about died laughing and admitted that was indeed the real thing she was up to. Some people have their life revolve around sex. And when they get older feel lost because they lost their identity in their mind as a sexually atractive person. I have seen people swing into this mode of identifying them selves from a sexual perspective when they hit puberty sometimes. Seems like some people just outgrow it though. Some dont. Who knows what goes through their minds!! LOL!! But then it seems they need other people to have an identity. Wonder what they would do on a desert island?? No people to compare to have them told their identity??

orderinchaos

if you identify or have identified actively as gay or bi, there is a definite "peer pressure" within that community to identify with what it sees as its fundamental tenets. oddly enough, all of my str8 friends have accepted my asexuality fairly easily, but certain of my gay friends have provided the most resistance.

in answer to the people who wish they were asexual thing, the people I hear it from mostly are basically sluts. I think fundamentally they are dissatisfied about the way they live when they take a macro view of it every once in a while (usually just after a breakup), but the micro view and the testosterone/oestrogen factor becomes like a drug that distracts them from these short-lived contemplations. I've heard people tell me they're never going to have sex again after a particular breakup then *that evening* are with someone else.

• 1 month later...
ishouldbelockedinaninsane

Personally I think everyone should be sexless and genderless, even if they want to have sex, because you gain more from it. I mean, it doesnt make sense that some slut would just want to go around having sex when she knows it fucks her up, even if shes biologically inclined to such a disposition. Theres absolutely no point in sex except to reproduce. That's why its there, why it exists. If there are better ways to reproduce (like scientific ways) then sex is not needed anymore, and people will stop wanting it. Science says that sexual reproduction is better than asexual reproduction (not only because they are sexual and humans reproduce sexually) because in sexual reproduction, a more diverse possiblity of genes is passed on, which means the organism can evolve better. I agree with this in a sense, but I believe that asexual forms of reproduction can be better if it is changed (not direct cloning of the parents genes). With science, why not just pick whatever genes you want and make your own baby and grow it in something other than the womb? There are actually ideas about this on the internet. And this would be even better than sexual reproduction because: it allows a diversity of genes AND you can choose them. How could this be done? Well, we can already clone people, and do invitero fertilization. We can fertilize eggs with sperm without having sex, and they can grow into babies. Scientists have already grown embryos in false wombs, but they had to exterminate them before they reached a certain age because it would be called killing otherwise (bullshit an embryo is living matter even before it develops fully, but whatever), so one has never fully come to term. Anyways, it CAn be done, and really should be done if you ask me. And how can the genes be chosen? There has to be a way to seperate the genes and put them in different combinations?

If there are better ways to reproduce (like scientific ways) then sex is not needed anymore, and people will stop wanting it.

I don't believe that is true. People have sex a great deal more then they need just to reproduce. Even if scientists started genetically engineering children they would probably engineer a sex drive right into them because most people believe that it's a fundamental part of being a "normal" person and it wouldn't occur to them to make people otherwise.

If there are better ways to reproduce (like scientific ways) then sex is not needed anymore, and people will stop wanting it.

I don't believe that is true. People have sex a great deal more then they need just to reproduce. Even if scientists started genetically engineering children they would probably engineer a sex drive right into them because most people believe that it's a fundamental part of being a "normal" person and it wouldn't occur to them to make people otherwise.

hmm, civilisation is carrying on the work of the hitler brigade, blue eyes, blonde haired people, super human race, perfect bloodlines :shock:

I'm surprised no one said they're all just orgasm addicts. Sex addicts are not fun people to be around. Like any other kind of addict, all that exists is their need and their need to feed. I don't know if addicts can see past their appetites. They are literally consumed by them. If your addiction is something that can pass as normal, then there's far too many ways to rationalize it.

The gay community definitely feels that expressing sex in any way shape or form is what being "out" and "in your face" is all about. Unfortunately, there isn't anything about asexuality that is going to scare the horses. If you're thinking about visibility, shock value is typically used by many groups. It gets attention.

hmm, civilisation is carrying on the work of the hitler brigade, blue eyes, blonde haired people, super human race, perfect bloodlines :shock:

Actually, blond/e haired, blue eyed people are sort of dying out as there's more cross breeding with other ethnicities who carry a dominant dark hair/dark eyes gene. Que lastima.

ishouldbelockedinaninsane

whirleygirl, i dont think alot of people really like sex that much. It was looked down on for a long time. I mean people still did it, but thats because they wanted to have kids, not because they really wanted it. I mean everyone that i know who fucks only does it to be liked, or cause they want to get pregnant. Everyone is always bitching about relationships and stuff. Wouldnt it be better if no one had to worry about that shit? I mean people can be steralized.....then rapists and stuff couldnt complain that their biology made them do it. And weather or not people do it for more than reproduction, reproduction is still the main purpose. And about the perfect bloodline stuff, im not saying make everyone blonde haired and blue eyed, im just saying there are other, perhaps better ways to reproduce than screwing.

orderinchaos

It might be a testosterone vs oestrogen thing ishouldbe...

I know some guys whose idea of recreation, whereas mine is listening to music, theirs is going to a club and having sex with someone incredibly cute. They love the sex. They spend as much of their lives as practically possible having it. And at least for the gay guys, it's not reproductive. That being said, once they're no longer cute and "past their prime" (i.e. about 27 - the gay world ages much faster it seems) they'll be depressed, but only because they can't get sex at the club any more so their lives are meaningless, and any they do get is expensive (it'll be some 16yo guy who wants to be showered with gifts and taken out and shown off).

Being asexual rocks :P

• 1 month later...

Archived