• Very negative
    • Mostly negative
    • Neutral/Ambivalent
    • Mostly positive
    • Very positive
    • Not applicable

This poll is closed to new votes

Solodancer1

Instinctively ambivalent, logically slightly mostly positive, emotionally extrmely negative most of the time but sometimes neutral or even slightly positive as long as it's for a purpose or doesn't involve me and I don't ahve to envision anything...I mashed it together and made a mud pie I called mostly negative. I don't know. From what I've experienced it eliminates love and caring completely and they take a long time to grow back, never quite getting to where they were before. It obliterates the sweetness of beautiful moments into which sexuals throw it.

I don't know whether you meant sex for the respondent, or the respondent's attitude toward sex for other people. That would be neutral/OK/ for myself, negative.

Throne Eins

Very negative. The more society shoves it down our throats, the more disgusted I become by it.

asexysjsfan

I think it's disgusting, period. I'm not going to make a fuss and order people not to do it, but it's still disgusting. Very Negative.

I don't care if other people want to do that, as long as I don't see it or hear about it.

But I do not want to hear about it.

I voted mostly negative.

Ankh Ascendant

I voted Mostly Positive, although I wish there were a 'somewhat' answered between 'ambivalent' and 'mostly'. I'm a big smidge indecisive, so it would have been perfect for me. ^_^ I genrally think sex is an okay thing, since it gives people pleasure, procreatesthe species, and helps people bond, just so long as they don't use it destructively, or toward me. Definitely not toward me. :/

• 3 months later...

For people who want it and enjoy it and consent to it? Very positive. For me? Very negative. :)

I voted "mostly positive." While I have no attachment to the act and no feelings about it, I do find sexuality as a concept fascinating. I love reading and writing about it because it is so far removed from my own experience - it's like learning about an entirely new culture. And, while I am sometimes disheartened at the amount of emphasis our society places on sex, I have no problem with other people having as much sex as they want, as long as it is between or among consenting adults and done safely.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted very negative, because, I think sex is gross, and I don't want anything to do with it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That depends. I would say I'm neutral but leaning towards negative.

• 3 months later...

Pleasures pleasure and although its a hell of alot of effort for very little return being empathic i get most of the gratification from my partners orgasim thoguh i am permantly jelous, i mean i know that females orgasms are stronger than mens to begin with but i doubt i get 1 / 200th of the satisfaction that they experience is it becuse of there inherint sexual attraction there just building this up in there head? that would explain why it dosent really do much for me... being asexual and not experiencing the attraction myself, anyone ever wounder what thats like?

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I think sex is a beautiful thing. I can see how it might be enjoyable, because to me, orgasm is a pleasurable thing. But I don't find it appealing to watch people having sex or imagine people having sex.

i mean i know that females orgasms are stronger than mens to begin with but i doubt i get 1 / 200th of the satisfaction that they experience is it becuse of there inherint sexual attraction there just building this up in their head?

According to ancient Greek literature, when the intersex god, Hermaphroditus, was asked who took more pleasure in sex, he/she responded by saying that the female derived more pleasure from the act.

But I'd challenge anyone considering the question to consider the fact that men and women seem to be prone to deal with different experiences in different ways. This could be due in part to societal pressure, or simple genetic predisposition to experience different situations in a certain manner, but these reasons are ultimately impossible to separate completely, because all humans are influenced by each other in some way or another.

One thing is for certain, men and women don't experience sexual gratification in the same way. I think men are generally more connected to the physical side of the experience, while women are more emotional. I think this might be part of the reason why women don't always experience orgasm during sex. I think this is also why males generally feel a need to masturbate, because for the male, orgasm is the necessary element in reproduction and the female orgasm is not essential for reproduction.

Consider this:

The intensity of the orgasmic experience could be influenced in part by how often and where it takes place. Since males generally experience a physical need for orgasm, they feel the need to induce it more often, and this may lead to conditioning of the brain to deal with the sensation of orgasm with fewer physical side-effects. Imagine the teenage guy masturbating at home in a society that doesn't exactly embrace masturbation. He probably does it a lot, and he probably doesn't want other people in the house to hear him, so he conditions himself to keep quiet during his orgasm. If the only place he feels free to masturbate is in the shower, maybe he just conditions his muscles not to tense during orgasm to prevent himself from falling over and getting hurt. All this conditioning could ultimately reduce the pleasure derived from male orgasm or make it appear less pleasurable than it actually is.

I think that during orgasm, we naturally want to cry or moan, our muscles naturally get tense, and I personally believe that conditioning our bodies not to do those things ultimately subtracts a level of intensity from the pleasure we derive from orgasm. That's my 2 cents.

carried in bags

Neutral/Ambivalent

if you like it, you may as well have it. just aslong i dont have to hear it! (remembers old house mates!)

• 1 month later...

I put "very negative," because yaoi and masturbation does not make me sick- the majority of the time. Sex between two living, breathing human beings?

Oh my goth, PLEASE! Where's the cake, I'm going to need bleach for my brain.

It's my thorough opinion that unless you're married/joined/partnered or whatever you want to call it... ew, just don't even mention a sex life to me. I'm not gonna judge, but my opinion of you will go down- it just will.. and no stopping it.

My feelings about sex are mostly negative when it comes to being about me personally. When it's about other people, I'm fairly neutral and believe if it suits them, then so be it.

• 3 weeks later...
You left out 'ambivalent', Shockwave. I am repulsed by sex in a similar manner to being repulsed by diarrhaea. However, I'm not a Puritan who is going to preach Revelations to sinners either, mainly because I'm an atheist and partly because I just ignore the fact that people I know may have had sex or diarrhaea the night before.

Well put!

Mostly negative for me - why would people want to share diarrhoea? But as long as sex happens out of my sight, hearing etc. I accept other people having it. Still...

Don't think I've posted before but

Meh. I don't care what people do as long as they don't throw it in my face or brag about it to me. Not positive, not negative. I just do not care

• 8 months later...

Mostly positive... the only aspect of sex I really don't like is how it tends to dominate the minds of people who are having it/want it. Though, that's just me being bitter about losing a friend because suddenly she has a man to sleep with and nothing else matters anymore.

Aside from that, I'm very sex positive! Sex is awesome as long as it's not involving me.

Archived