pan-asexual and bi-asexual

SlightlyMetaphysical

SlightlyMetaphysical

Pansexual= Sexual attraction for all genders

Bisexual= Sexual attraction for both genders

Therefore...

Panasexual= Sexual attraction for no genders

Biasexual= Sexual attraction for neither gender

I was just wondering about this, because it's clearly a bit of an academic difference. Since there are only two genders, it doesn't matter if you aren't sexually attracted to all genders, or just not sexually attracted to the two genders that exist (ahhh, double negatives!)

But in the same way that there's a difference between those who identify as pansexual or bisexual, even though it doesn't matter in the real world, do you think there's that sort of division in asexuals?

Sorry if this didn't make too much sense. Also if this topic has been done before.

The way they're generally used here,

Panasexual=pan[romantic]asexual=romantically attracted to all genders, sexually attracted to no one

Biasexual=bi[romantic]asexual=romantically attracted to males and females, sexually attracted to no one

There are more than two genders, and more than two biological sexes, so there is definitely a difference between bisexuals and pansexuals.

There are people who are only sexually attracted to those outside the mainstream sex/gender binary, though I don't know a term for it.

I generally consider myself a panromantic asexual. Meaning that gender doesn't mean anything to me when I consider someone in a romantic context, and sex still doesn't enter that equation.

I also consider myself panasexual. To me, biasexual is a limiting label - I know I could potentially develop romantic feelings for someone who doesn't fit in to the usual two gender categorys.

Of course, if you actually look at the words themselves they don't make much sense - pan is 'all' and asexual is 'nonsexual', so 'allnonsexual' is a bizarre way to word it. But, meh.

• 2 years later...
Namnam-Nation

From this definition, I think I am some form of Panasexual.

Pansexual= Sexual attraction for all genders

Bisexual= Sexual attraction for both genders

Therefore...

Panasexual= Sexual attraction for no genders

Biasexual= Sexual attraction for neither gender

I was just wondering about this, because it's clearly a bit of an academic difference. Since there are only two genders, it doesn't matter if you aren't sexually attracted to all genders, or just not sexually attracted to the two genders that exist (ahhh, double negatives!)

But in the same way that there's a difference between those who identify as pansexual or bisexual, even though it doesn't matter in the real world, do you think there's that sort of division in asexuals?

Sorry if this didn't make too much sense. Also if this topic has been done before.

I think the difference between saying biromantic asexual and bi-asexual is that the former is specifying a particular form of attraction and the latter could be all inclusive of various types of attraction. I admit I prefer -romantic asexual partially because it's so easy for someone to mishear "-asexual" or consider it a typo.

~ Edit, sorry, didn't realise this was thread necromancy...

"Pan-asexual" and "bi-asexual"? Do we really need more labels? Hell, I have yet to encounter anyone who could even provide a meaningful distinction between pansexual and bisexual...

"Pan-asexual" and "bi-asexual"? Do we really need more labels? Hell, I have yet to encounter anyone who could even provide a meaningful distinction between pansexual and bisexual...

Well, the distinction between pansexual and bisexual mostly has to do with gender being non-binary. Bisexuality tends to be viewed as being attracted to males and females, and pansexuality tends to be viewed as being attracted to males, females, and everything inbetween (including neutrois, genderqueer, genderless, all sorts of other fun terms). I think bisexuality tends to be a more widely known/understood term, though (probably especially for people who do view gender as just male/female).

I find it hard to imagine someone who would be attracted to both men and women but not in-betweeners. It seems more believable, to me at least, that the term "pansexual" really just means "bisexual who doesn't believe in the gender binary".

• 1 year later...

Ok I am confused about this to and now I have no clue my sexual orientation lol, ok you all tell me :)

To me someones sex is like a hair color it does not mater. When I look for someone I am not looking to see if they are male or female but a good person and have a good personality that I like. I want to be able to connect with someone and it not be restricted because of someones gender. I do not pref a sex therefor I do not see me being Bi, I hear panasexuals like transgenders which I know I said before that I do not care on the sex but I draw the limit at them and cross dressers. I am not really sure what I am lol, Any help would be nice so when someone ask I can stop staying I dont know or I do not have one lol. If this is not enough for a def let me know and I will put more. Fill free to ask questions to make a better conclusion.

The Great WTF

Ok I am confused about this to and now I have no clue my sexual orientation lol, ok you all tell me :)

To me someones sex is like a hair color it does not mater. When I look for someone I am not looking to see if they are male or female but a good person and have a good personality that I like. I want to be able to connect with someone and it not be restricted because of someones gender. I do not pref a sex therefor I do not see me being Bi, I hear panasexuals like transgenders which I know I said before that I do not care on the sex but I draw the limit at them and cross dressers. I am not really sure what I am lol, Any help would be nice so when someone ask I can stop staying I dont know or I do not have one lol. If this is not enough for a def let me know and I will put more. Fill free to ask questions to make a better conclusion.

You sound bisexual to me, in that case. Why do you have a problem with someone who is transsexual or a cross-dresser, if I may ask? And what about someone who is gender-neutral/neotrosis/etc.?

Also, wow. Hello necro thread. Mods, should we shut this one down and start and different discussion or not?

See I thought it I was Bi at first also but they prefer both male and female where I do not, I don't know I guess I am my own weird section :P. Well to what I have a problem with transsexual...well I do not really have a problem with them...Well I guess I kinda do, face lifts things like that I dont agree with but I think changing your sex is a little extreme. I also think it just defeats the purpose of any Relationship you are in. If you are male become a female and are with a male then it is technically a gay relationship. Then if you are both male or female and you change your sex so one is male and one is female then it just defeats the purpose. This of course is just my thoughts out of everyone in the sea of thoughts of the world, so it does not mean much, To the cross dresser comment, well it depends on what you call a cross dresser, A female that wants to wear blue jeans and a T and not be confined by the traditional make up of dresses and what not is not a cross dresser. A man that wears girly colors and has long hair and what not is not one either, but a guy that wears a dress and skirt and things like that I do not like, and a female that changes their total outlook to look like a man I do not like but as I said befor its my thoughts versus everyone else. At least they can say they have everything figured out whereas I cannot lol.

What? No. Come on...are these labels really necessary? This is just going to confuse everybody to no end.

If you don't experience sexual attraction it doesn't matter how many genders you throw around. End of story.

What about people of other sexual orientations? Some of them don't experience sexual attraction toward a certain sex/gender. Do we have to specify that too? Next thing we know heterosexuals are also homoasexuals, homosexuals are also heteroasexuals & pansexuals are also....aasexuals.

The Great WTF

See I thought it I was Bi at first also but they prefer both male and female where I do not, I don't know I guess I am my own weird section :P. Well to what I have a problem with transsexual...well I do not really have a problem with them...Well I guess I kinda do, face lifts things like that I dont agree with but I think changing your sex is a little extreme. I also think it just defeats the purpose of any Relationship you are in. If you are male become a female and are with a male then it is technically a gay relationship. Then if you are both male or female and you change your sex so one is male and one is female then it just defeats the purpose. This of course is just my thoughts out of everyone in the sea of thoughts of the world, so it does not mean much, To the cross dresser comment, well it depends on what you call a cross dresser, A female that wants to wear blue jeans and a T and not be confined by the traditional make up of dresses and what not is not a cross dresser. A man that wears girly colors and has long hair and what not is not one either, but a guy that wears a dress and skirt and things like that I do not like, and a female that changes their total outlook to look like a man I do not like but as I said befor its my thoughts versus everyone else. At least they can say they have everything figured out whereas I cannot lol.

I'm not sure I understand your logic, but to each their own. A transsexual changes their gender because they are truly and honestly not comfortable in their own body and believe they are a different gender than the one they were born with. I think it would be MORE to their benefit and their partner's if they were in a body that they are comfortable with.