Sociology Project

kat

If you're still taking submissions.

1. Do you identify as asexual?

I sure do, or rather as having no interest in relationships or sex.

2. When and how did you discover your asexuality?

I got asked by a girl that was courting me at the time. I hadn't heard the term before so basically she asked if I was asexual. I had no idea what it meant, so to not look like an idiot I said nope. Next day after thinking I hit AVEN and it was like.... um yeah I think so. A couple of days on AVEN reading peoples experiences and it was a . YEAH moment. I've been HELL YEAH since ;)

3. What are some common responses to and questions about asexuality that you have experienced?

I haven't really told anyone about it. I did tell the original girl about it via a msn conversation. She wanted to know what it was like. What life is like not feeling attracted to anyone and if I would ever consider having sex. Well I have done a radio interview about it, but it was mainly about my life as being an asexual.

4. Have you ever discussed your asexuality with a physician or therapist? If so, what was their response? Do you agree? Why or why not?

Nope

5. Do you identify as aromantic?

Um.. yep. Occasionally I get the desire inside that I really feel like I want someone in my life. Someone to care about but that usually lasts for no more then a week or week and a half tops.

6. Have you ever been in a romantic relationship? If so, how did asexuality play into it? Was the relationship with another asexual or with a sexual person?

I've only ever had 1 "relationship" that was when I was 15 (now 25) I didn't really like the girl and went out just for the sake of it. I don't know if I had intimacy problems because I was asexual, I didn't like her or it was her. I haven't been concerned since. Kissing was very awkward but I think that was her though.

7. Do you have any other comments?

Thank you for your time ;)

Archived