Black ring

fonfeluch

Unofficial sign of asexuality  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know that black ring on the middle finger of your right hand is an unofficial sign of asexuality?

• Yes, i knew it.
    • Nope, but now i know:) (...maybe i am newbie)
  2. 2. Do You like the idea of black ring?

• Yes, i like the idea of black ring
    • I dont like the idea of black ring, i would like something else being a symbol of asexuality and i have written my suggestion below
  3. 3. Fonfeluch made a mistake and wrote that it is middle finger of right hand, whereas it is not like that

• Nope, fonfeluch is right
    • Yes, Fonfeluch have made a mistake, but i have written below what is correct

This poll is closed to new votes

Plur na mBan

+crawling out of the depths of seclusion+

I've been wearing one made out of beads (recall those little bead lizards that were so, so, so popular 10 or so years ago? Just like that, but you clear nail polish the thread down at the end so it doesn't unravel) for a while, and really like it. I've also seen someone use black elastics (for those with thin fingers) that are sold dirt cheap in drugstores (hair section).

I have a black ring and I wear it on the middle finger of my right hand :)

I bought it after reading one of the discussions on here that mentioned it, actually. That must have been a good two years ago, and I've never taken the ring off since.

+crawling out of the depths of seclusion+

I've been wearing one made out of beads (recall those little bead lizards that were so, so, so popular 10 or so years ago? Just like that, but you clear nail polish the thread down at the end so it doesn't unravel) for a while, and really like it. I've also seen someone use black elastics (for those with thin fingers) that are sold dirt cheap in drugstores (hair section).

I also use a black elastic hair tie often, and wear it on my right middle finger. I don't know where to buy a black ring, so I'm fine just using that.

ratatosk_lemur

How does one go about obtaining hematite rings?

o the way you phrased that sounds so black market haha

I've bought one before at the markets- touristy markets not arty markets and you can buy them on ebay. I don't like hematite personally, it's not black enough.

Touristy-crystal-new-agey shops are also a good source, if you spot them.

One of the Friday swarm wears a ring on his right middle finger, I haven't got a close enough look to see whether it's silver or haem yet.

(If you're thinking "I wear my ring to Fridays, and one of the token girls does..." *waves*)

I bought mine off the Internet :)

Black doesn't quite appeal to me,,I like the rest though,,middle finger & right hand & ring,,personally I love silver. :rolleyes:

So, I found a black stainless steel ring on eBay. It's completely black, but for three evenly-spaced silver dragons. Finally got it today. I'm sticking with it until such a time when I decide to get a completely plain black tungsten ring. The only thing I'm not sure about is how well tungsten reacts with water. I know stainless steel doesn't rust (yay for chromium), which is why I was happy enough to get the dragon ring, but I don't know about tungsten. Anyone who does, feel free to inform me.

Guest Fosco
The only thing I'm not sure about is how well tungsten reacts with water. I know stainless steel doesn't rust (yay for chromium), which is why I was happy enough to get the dragon ring, but I don't know about tungsten. Anyone who does, feel free to inform me.

Yay! for me doing Chemistry!

At room temperature Tungsten does not react with water or oxygen, so it won't rust. It does however react with Fluoride, which is added to alot of water sources throughout the world, the amount of fluoride in drinking water is small, but over time it will 'dull' the shiny surface. It won't melt away or explode on your finger, it'll just 'dull' over time.

• 2 weeks later...
mypsychoticself

I love rings! I think I'll do this.

Also: bump.

• 3 weeks later...

never heard of that before....

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm. I didn´t know about this... cool... However I allways wear a black hematite ring, but usually on my left thumb or index finger... I don´t like wearing rings on my right hand, they tend to get in the way... and my middle finger is skinny... Maybe I´ll consider wearing it on my middle finger after this...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd never heard of that, but then I'm pretty new to all this.

I already wear a Silver ring on my right hand middle finger. (Gold is so tacky! lol)

And wear 2 silvers rings on my left hand, (wedding ring finger and forefinger).

I think my choice to wear a ring on the wedding ring finger was rebellion from a young age. As I was always told, you can't wear a ring on that finger, you'll never get married!'. And just kept thinking, "..and your point is?"

Jake Hoshgothen

Ok. Guys, lay off how the rainbow represents the G&L culture, and only that culture. It's a symbol of pride of being able to show who you are without fear of reprisal. That means that it includes asexuals, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and all other minority sexualities. If you're looking for a symbol thats specific to the gay culture, it's the reclaimed use of the pink triangle. (Repurposed from it's dark and sinister founding days and uses in the 1940's.) Quite honestly, I'm fine flying the flag myself. It's a symbol of unity, in that we can all co-exist, and that we have rights, too. I'm looking for a good Pride tie, but finding one is proving difficult.

As for the ring idea, I dislike it immensely. Black is typically the color of mourning, and people end up thinking that you're mourning the fact that you're asexual. Simply not the case. I wear no rings, nor jewelery of any kind, though I might get one of those color changing rings. Suits me on more levels than one.

As for the ring idea, I dislike it immensely. Black is typically the color of mourning, and people end up thinking that you're mourning the fact that you're asexual. Simply not the case. I wear no rings, nor jewelery of any kind, though I might get one of those color changing rings. Suits me on more levels than one.

I've never heard anyone say that before; yes, black is the color of choice at a funeral, but you can wear black whenever.

I can't say I've been to any funeral's yet were people take off their rings in exchange for some black ones.

My friends and family have black cars, but only attend a funeral once in a blue moon. I've got black trousers that I sometimes need to wear to meetings but very rarely funerals.

I like the idea of a black ring.

Jake Hoshgothen
i cannot a plain black ring in my size anywhere! am i being dense, or is it genuinely hard?

Depends on where you've looked. Why not ask a jeweler for some recommendations? Or you can try a nature shop (they tend to have rings made out of exotic materials.)

I like the idea, but I don't plan to go out of my way to get a black ring. I personally like the choice of color (grey works too) because it's not too girly for me. If I come across one that works for me and it's not too expensive or uncomfortable, I'll probably go for it for the sake of notifying other aces. :D

• 4 months later...
vashsunglasses

Never heard of it, though I did go out a year or so ago and got a ring to wear on my left ring finger. I'd like to think it acts as a deterrent.

I knew about the black ring and that wearing it on the right middle finger is an unofficial sign of asexiness but I have yet to obtain a black ring. However, I do wear a ring on my right middle finger.

th_emoticon_oh-em-gee.gif I found a pic of my ring on the net!!!! *is momentarily surprised and somewhat shocked*

This is my ring (it's exactly like that... seriously!!!!) : 1380-2T.jpg Oh yeah!!!! *loves this ring*th_emoticon_kickback.gif

No I wouldn't have recognised it, I knew nothing about the black ring. But now I do. I must say I do like the idea of a purple ring instead. ;)

This is my ring (it's exactly like that... seriously!!!!) : 1380-2T.jpg Oh yeah!!!! *loves this ring*th_emoticon_kickback.gif [/color]

I thought only Mormons wore CTR rings (they are a Mormon tradition after all).

This is my ring (it's exactly like that... seriously!!!!) : 1380-2T.jpg Oh yeah!!!! *loves this ring*th_emoticon_kickback.gif [/color]

I thought only Mormons wore CTR rings (they are a Mormon tradition after all).

I know. My mothers' cousin (who's a Mormon) bought me this ring. ^_^

I didn't know that!

I'll probably buy a black ring and put on my right hand's middle finger:)

I have a big silver ring with a large hematite stone in it that I generally wear on my right middle finger. I actually had never heard of the black ring thing though before now (I'm a newb). It just made me smile though because it was soemwhat ironic that I kind of already had a similar thing going on. I love hematite though, always have, I got it in my class ring in high school instead of my birthstone.

Marco - Proprietor of Doom

that's weird, I've been wearing a ring on my middle finger, right hand (it's not black but silver is a better colour for me anyway) for about a year now and this is the first I've heard about it representing anything, thought it might but didn't know what, funny the way things work out isn't it.

I've wanted one of those rings for quite a while; now I actually have a reason for getting one.

Once school starts up again, I'm definitely looking around the mall to see if I can find one [school's at the mall, FTW!].

Hematite. I love that stuff. Never knew what it was called until now. I have a bunch of hematite jewellery. No ring though.

Hematite ring it shall be.

Archived