• Yes, and these are often people I have romantic feelings for
    • Yes, this is completely seperated from any romantic feelings
    • No, but I do have romantic feelings for people
    • No, I do not have sexual or romantic feelings for people
    • Don't know
    • Other (explain)

This poll is closed to new votes

No.

But then I view 'sexy' as 'arousing'... not 'attractive' or 'appealing', which is what it means in slang terms.

I do find people pretty though. Or handsome, I suppose (stupid pseudo-gender-implying words). Not too big on the term 'hot', since that implies touching and therefore sex (to me).

Interesting views of termology....

beautiful/pretty/gorgeous/good-looking clearly asexual

appealing asexual

cute another asexual word

attractive implies attraction, romantic or sexual

handsome doesn't imply anything (hand-some... touchable?) but is often associated with attraction

sexy clearly implies sexual attraction

hot somewhat like the word sexy, but does implying heat means implying sexual attraction? Not sure. Its one of those terms without a very clear meaning.

As long as people keep some clothes on, I'll find them attractive on a normal level. Even sexy, in a non-arousal way. But - in addition to all the things that make them cute and handsome and attractive in other ways - it's the aesthetic display of covered "sexual zones" that I find most sexy, despite having absolutely no desire to interact sexually with it or otherwise be aroused. It's all very contradictory, and weird for me to sort out. It's possible that style revolves around emphasizing the attention on those zones, or that society expects you to notice them; or even the opposite of that: ignoring those zones until you desire to interact sexually with them because of their sexiness, in which case you make it visible that you notice them so that the person may respond in a manner that will ultimately lead to sexual relations.

Other people find other things sexy, so this is just my personal opinion on what and why things are sexy.

Not to be ambiguously vague or anything... >_<

reptilelover

Well, for quite a long time I didn’t get what people meant under term “sexy”. I encountered the term mostly through newspapers/television – people around me only used the term when I asked what was the deal with “strange poses” and “uncomfortably looking” underwear/cloths. It didn’t really register what the term meant and why people seemed to like it so much until I figured out about the entire “sexual attraction” thingy. I now can recognize what “sexy” is, but still the entire deal seems quite weird. That is a particular set of body language I never learned – to me it looks as ridiculous/funny as Indians dancing around fire look. I suppose for sexual people it means something but to me it still translates to “gibberish”. So no, I never found anybody/anything sexy.

I also had a problem with “cute” too since people seemed to use the term mostly for people they wanted to get romantic with. I understand now what it means and use the term myself as, unlike “sexy”, it has meaning for me. Though, if I use the term in relation to other people I never refer to physical features (that is another thing I actually had to learn to notice and even now I actually have to make a conscious decision to notice that else the looks will simply not register) but to their actions/way of speech/gestures/body language.

what was the deal with “strange poses” and “uncomfortably looking” underwear/cloths.

:lol: An accurate description of silly commercial 'sexyness'.

Being a person that does find certain people sexy, I can not relate at all to that view of sexyness. what's with the weird inconvenient lingerie and high heels? What's sexy about that??? To me a sexy person has to be real: no make up, no pouchy 'sexy-face', no weird clothes, just feeling comfortable and looking like he/she is happy with his/herself. THAT can be sexy.

• 2 weeks later...
Vampireseal
Funny. I never associated finding people sexy with wanting to have sex with them. A lot of people find others sexy without wanting to have sex with them there and then. I'll see a guy and think 'wow, he's hot!' but I'll have no intention to do anything besides look at them. I wonder, does finding people sexy make me any less asexual?

I agree with you Sammie. I find various male and female celebrities "sexy" or charismatic, but I could never envision having sex with them. I think we are taught socially what is considered "sexy" and we learn to recognize these traits amongst others, though we would never actually have sex with them. On a side note, I find many drawn or animated characters to be sexy--even though they are just lines on paper! I think its more of an aesthetic thing.

I never find people in real life sexy, though. They're just ordinary people, no more sexy than a tree.

emmarainbow

I can appreciate sexy, can tell what makes an individual damn attractive, without being attracted. :)

This is entirely separate from any romantic feelings though - although strangely enough, everyone I fall in love with is beautiful. They aren't when I meet them, but I slowly come to realise how beautiful they really are. This covers all of my friends though... :)

golden lady

Yes. Sexy people are just eye candy for me. I don't give a shit about their personality or if they have a personality.

i find poeople attractive but i wouldn't say sexy

No, but I have romantic feelings for people

No but can have romantic feelings. I do, however, make an exception for Scott Bakula. SO asexy.... uh I mean sexy...

While I find people sexy - (sometimes I think I might be very low sexual) - I don't seem to find people sexy who are generally considered sexy. Who likes short? fat? hairy? I know people fitting those 3 descriptions that I find very very sexy. Its more what the whole air of a person then their appearance.

I voted 'No, I do not have sexual or romantic feelings for people' because this is how I feel most of the time.

I very rarely have romantic feelings for people, and I have never - thus far - had sexual feelings for anyone.

Interesting views of termology....

beautiful/pretty/gorgeous/good-looking clearly asexual

appealing asexual

cute another asexual word

attractive implies attraction, romantic or sexual

handsome doesn't imply anything (hand-some... touchable?) but is often associated with attraction

sexy clearly implies sexual attraction

hot somewhat like the word sexy, but does implying heat means implying sexual attraction? Not sure. Its one of those terms without a very clear meaning.

:redface: hot definitely implies sexual attraction. I'm not sure how the word was used for the first time by the very first person(s). It could've been changed over time. But hot sounds somewhat sexual to me.

No, but I do have romantic feelings for people.

• 10 months later...

I know what sexy's meant to look like becuase of the way advertisers constantly thrust their images at us.

I'm just attracted in ways other than sexually. Say I might be attracted by someone's sense of humour, or just the aesthetics of how they look. The way they look might somehow coincide with what the media says is sexy in a few circumstances. That's happened a few times. People then say, oh you're hanging round with so and so, he or she's so hot, when it's something else about the person that I like. This confuses people sometimes.

• 5 months later...

I dont "find" people to be sexy but one of the benifits or (whats the opposite for benifit) of going to an all boys high school is tat i developed a system to be able to calculate or recognise if someone would socialy be viewed as sexy totaly subconcious and now that i realise that im asexual i find it relatively depressing/ammusing in equal amounts so no i dont find anyone as sexy but i can to some degree figure out if those around me would view them as sexy. Makes it somewhat easier to blend in with my mates and the rest of society even though i know it is predominately a lie, yes i am well aware peoples but you know... meh im to lazy to work out a new system ^^

I know what "sexy" supposedly looks like, but some of the people that others find sexy just boggle me (like Johnny Depp :huh: ). So, no, I don't really find people sexy, not really.

But I do do romantic stuffs.

pawprint prettysure

No, I don't find people sexy, but I do have romantic feelings for people. Sort of. Sometimes.

I do understand what people usually mean by "sexy" and I can see what kind of people would usually be categorized as "sexy", tho.

I've never used the word sexy to describe someone. and don't really find the look implied by the word "sexy" to be attractive to me. I'll think people are good-looking, but not really mutch from that.

what makes someone "sexy" anyways?

TheMelbourneMethod

It never actually occured to me to differentiate between "sexy" and any number of other words that mean pretty, stunning, attractive, etc. When people point out that somebody is sexy, I'm usually baffled, but I usually assume that it's a matter of taste. I sometimes see people and think "Well they look desirable," without wanting to do anything with them, so I do have a clinical ability to tell when some people might be called sexy.

I still use the word sexy all the time. It's the difference (to me) between "That person looks rather pleasing to the eye" or "Yes, I can see that they have a certain amount of animal magnetism" and "I'd hug that!" ;)

No, and no romantic feelings either.

I have some degree of objective ability to view attractiveness, but only in a 'oh that's what they look like' sense.

It never actually occured to me to differentiate between "sexy" and any number of other words that mean pretty, stunning, attractive, etc.

LOL. I'm in compete agreement. To me, it was just another adjective.

Archived