New Scientist Article

AVENguy

Looks like there's another article in the works. Anyone interested in talking to this reporter let me know, and I'll give her your contact info.

Hi David,

I am a reporter with New Scientist magazine, a British magazine about

science and technology (we have about 1M readers worldwide). I am interested

in doing an article about asexuality and any scientific research done on

this subject, and you sound like the perfect person to talk to. In addition,

I freelance for other venues and was hoping I could do a profile of you for

a major newspaper's Sunday magazine or a national magazine. Would you be

open to this and/or to referring me to some other members of your

organization?

Best regards,

Sylvia Westphal

Live R Perfect

Ooh we're gonna make an international magazine AND the British national press?! I wouldn't mind talking to her for the latter, depending on what she means by a profile...

Cate Perfect

Would it be a phone interview or email?

Cate

Live R Perfect

Probably a phone interview, I expect. I don't think I've ever mentioned this but I was interviewed over the phone just over a year ago (when I wasn't aware of the term asexuality) about living a celibate lifestyle. Unfortunately (or fortunately?!), the article never went ahead though. I do still have the e-mail address of the freelance reporter, and I sent her a mail about AVEN and asexuality a few months ago but she never replied.

ohhh i love new scientist, i was only wondering the other day why they hadnt done anything about asexuality, they manage to cover most other issues!!

if they need people in england i would be happy to talk to someone.. depending on what it involved of course

New Scientist!?!?

That is DAMN Asexy!!, ooh, how i long to be in new scientist. If you need anyone for either, give me a bell (or a email, probably less expensive)

Kensta

bard of aven
I'd like to, but I don't know if someone my age would be allowed to respond...

I ponder the irony...

boa

VivreEstEsperer

Woah, that's cool! why is it always the non-Americans intelligent enough to be interested in asexuality...*sigh* you britons and canadians etc are awesome.

I'd love to be interviewed....tell us who to contact, please!

and at the risk of sounding like a broken machine or whatever, would someone do me the favor if you could of emailing me if any info pertaining who to contact and how is posted here, because lately I haven't had the chance to get to AVEN as much, and I don't like to for only half an hour or so because then I lose all my new posts. Thank you!

Kate

Silly Green Monkey

There are choices you can make at the top of the index, you can choose to read posts without replies, posts made in the last twenty-four hours, and others. Those can help you if you lose the indicators for new posts.

VivreEstEsperer

They can help me, yes, but if I don't go to AVEN for a week or several days and then lose my new posts, getting the posts from only the last 24 hours isn't going to help me much (although it is an improvement albeit slight from before when we didn't have it).

Thanks anyway though.

Kate

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's a cool idea. Will we be able to read it online?

Had a preliminary intereview, I'm trying to arrange a second one.

YES YES YES!

I love new scientist! Despite the fact i cannot spell it!

Heck...That would be just AWESOME if that happened. Hmm....Awsome. Just awesome. I'm a chemist....but....you don't have to be a scientist to love new scientist!

BOOYA!

They can pick me if it doesn't make me look like too much of an attention whore as I'm already being interviewed. May as well let my family over THERE know I'm queer too LOL

Archived