Asexual Aura...?

Adnama

I think that's really interesting, LD...

I have memories of things that never happened to me, but I can't place them in any way or form.

I think that if people knew about asexuality, then they would suspect that I'm an asexual instead of suspecting that I'm gay. But, since I don't know anyone who's heard of asexuality until they met me, I think that they place me as gay because they don't know anywhere else to place me in the spectrum of sexuality and asexuality.

I feel like I'm saying something now that's been discussed on another thread...

Just out of curiosity, how many of you can see aurae? I don't mean any kind of radar or feeling, but actually seeing the color(s) around a person's body. I can't see them, but I know several people who can.

I don't normally see auras, although I have picked up "vibes" from people on a large number of occasions. (Both positive and negative.)

To my knowledge, there has only been one exception to my inability to see auras.

I was at a restuarant eating with a large group of friends and aquaintances. As we left, one of the men from another table came out with us. When I looked at him, he was completely enveloped in a charcoal or black colored mist for a moment. It literally made all of the hair stand up on the back of my neck! It was no secret that he wasn't in very good health, but he seemed okay at the time. Sill, the experience was weird enough that I told my friend I didn't think he would be part of this world much longer.

After that I just shook it off and told myself I was crazy, but later that night he had a massive heart attack and died.

I hope I never see anything like that again.

-Greybird

I used to be able to see them. They're just infrared transmissions, and your eyes will pick them up if they don't know what they're looking at. You can see them best in absolute dark with your eyes closed because the waves falling on your eyelids will react with your optic nerves.

No really!

Sight is just modification of touch anyway. Close your eyes and push on your eyelids and look at what you see. (imagines hundreds of people poking themselves in the eye) Do it gently!

Light has different wavelenghts which exert different pressures. The difference is very slight, but that's what makes red different from blue, and even different shades of red what they are.

But when your eyes are picking up 'visible' light, it blinds you to anything else. In absolute darkness, your eyes will widen their perception, light turning the coarse instead of fine focus on a microscope. That's why it's hard to tell colors in the dark; your eyes aren't focusing on a difference near that small. But then you can see IR and UV if you know what to look for. I learned about all this in Physics class. We had a lab on it. :)

sexiseverywhere

you really just have to look for them...I mean, it's not just people, living things have auras and inanimate objects pick up colors from the things around them. but it is easiest to see them in the dark. Or stand with your back to a lighted room facing into a dark one and put your hands in front of you with your fingertips thouching. If you look at it, and then move your hands apart slowly you'll the threads of light still connecting them. When you start seeing them they're usually mostly white, but as you get more experienced they take on color...blah blah blah....

Blue_Liminality
is there an aseuxal vibe or aura that we give off? Do people, thouse who know you well and even thouse who don't, just automaticly kind of catch that kind of thing and therefore "never say any thing like 'that'" to/about you?

I doubt there's some asexual vibe, but I must admit that I come off as bizarre to most people. From childhood, people have noticed something "different" about me, but is it due to my asexuality? Possibly, but I doubt it. I always thought it was my eccentric personality and charming, yet darkly beautiful looks: lol: I'm just generally aloof, and people pick up on that. Though it might be due to my adamant disapproval on sex, or perhaps my silent nature. Either way, I think any aura given off is influenced by many factors, not just my asexuality.

fluffy_hime

I tried it Dese! Didn't work.

Are you guys sure seeing colors and stuff like that in the dark isn't just a remainder of light you've just seen, or your eyes adjusting? Just because you SEE it doesn't mean it's THERE.

Maybe the hash had something to do with it

>laughing and laughing<

Try the gently poke yourself in the eye technique. It doesn't help you see aurae, but it does demonstrate the principle. I suppose it's like Magic Eye pictures. Some people (like me) just can't see them.

Cijay: You can get yourself yer very own aura by eating lots of Reddy Brek (or so the adverts used to say).

I must say, am surprised that a Scot wouldn't know about the aura inducing qualities of porridge oats! :wink:

i had sort of an asexual/super-best-friend relationship going last year, and all of a sudden, when some acquaintance suggested that we had "major sexual tension" (!), a bunch of other people agreed that we probably wanted eachother. i was so flummoxed by the suggestions, that my response of frowning silence and avoidance of everyone probably made them think they were right.

other than that, i get very few comments of the "do you have a boyfriend"/"you should go out with this person" nature, and even fewer actual come-ons. so, either everyone thinks that i am just quietly sexual, or i have an asexual aura. either way, it doesn't come up much. and that is a-okay with me!

Hmm, interesting to see there are so many believers in auras here-either in the mystical or in the biological sense of the word.

I agree with the previous comments in that asexuality would not appear in the aura. I also have seen in dreams bits and pieces of what were probably my past lives although I have not yet decided whether to believe in afterlife/reincarnation or even in a higher entity. I seem to think that I would probably have committed suicide if I had been forced to be subject to sexuality as a woman-what with the pain and the risk of pregnancy plus being mistreated by men in those ages. In all likelihood I must have carried my asexuality from another life but even so, I do not believe asexuality would appear in the aura.

On the other hand, I read in a book on these subjects that those who can see auras (and sorry to disappoint you guys but if you just see like a blue/white mist-that is the etheric-not the aura, aura requires more training/concentration/whatever to be seen but of course provides more info) can also see if someone else is attracted to them or not (I think the color is orange and originates from the reproductive chakra, logically enough).

Based on this info I would say that asexuals emit no aura that would correspond to sexual attraction-hence the vibe theory. I do not think however that there is anything corresponding to asexuality per se.

I talked to a friend about this subject and he said he certainly found the vibe/ aura theory plausible. And in relation to fluffy's earlier comment-he said that the theory might be plausible but it does not mean a lack of physical appeal. I am not convinced of course but anyhow...

As for personal experience, you guys know by now that I have never been asked out or hit on -based on the vibe theory, it must be because ppl are picking up the asexual vibe. I am not sure though whether it is totally unrelated to my lack of physical appeal. I just cannot get over this thought-I accepted it like the holy word in high school and now I cannot get it out of my head. The nagging thought that says-"the vibe theory, hehe, you wish, just accept it-you are undesirable" :evil:

I have also come across many comments like "we cannot picture you married or dating someone etc" and one of them had even said to me something along the lines-you are not dating material but you are wedding material, meaning of course that I am not hot enough for dating but am homely enough for marrying (this is the Eastern culture so don't be surprised).

On the other hand, ppl tease me sometimes in a perversely funny way. For instance a friend and I went on a weekend trip and stayed together for a while. YOu can guess the kinds of remarks I received afterwards-like "so finally, we knew it, how was it?, when did you guys start doing it" etc etc. lol.

But in general I would say that the vibe theory holds.

For instance a friend and I went on a weekend trip and stayed together for a while. You can guess the kinds of remarks I received afterwards-like "so finally, we knew it, how was it?, when did you guys start doing it" etc etc.

That's why I try to let as few people as possible know about my travel plans. Plus there's plenty of room for misunderstanding just for the people involved. Some autumns back I was invited to spend a weekend up north with an old friend, and her main purpose of that trip went absolutely, utterly over my head. We ended up in a motel room; at 8 PM or so the conversation took an odd turn, and I answered by conjugating French irregular verbs. She was extremely annoyed, and in hindsight I think rightly so. We still got along very well, despite being opposites in so many ways.

(Pssst....stAcy: The 'Welcome Area' is thataway. Starting to post is a wonderful thing, but you need the full Welcome experience, too). :aven:

bishopsheen you are totally right.

I cannot imagine how ppl can misunderstand. Actually in this situation, it is understandable that they can misunderstand, given that we spent couple of nights together and actually ended up sharing a bed. Now this sounds very fishy if you don't know the specific situation.

It was actually hilarious-we fooled around with a specifically strange-minded and nosy friend. He actually fell for it. :twisted: And is kind of relieved that I am finally free of my asexuality.

lol. lol. Reminds me of a line in Anne Rice -it's about ppl believing all the absurd things just because they sound normal and fit in with their prior beliefs about how the world works rather than face the truth that there might be creatures such as vampires-in this case asexuals-out there on this earth :twisted: 8)

fluffy_hime
I have also come across many comments like "we cannot picture you married or dating someone etc" and one of them had even said to me something along the lines-you are not dating material but you are wedding material, meaning of course that I am not hot enough for dating but am homely enough for marrying (this is the Eastern culture so don't be surprised).

Kill them.

We ended up in a motel room; at 8 PM or so the conversation took an odd turn, and I answered by conjugating French irregular verbs.

:lol:

PlatonicPimp

Fluffy Hime, must everything end in Violence?

(Hmm....... Violence. With, Um,........Sticks! Yeah, Violence with sticks. I know my afternoon plans.)

fluffy_hime

Seriously though, I'm non-violent. By choice, not by nature. It looks as if it actually could become an issue sometime in the future. Anyone heard about the plans to reinstate the draft, for women too?

"Must not all things, at the last, be swallowed up in death?"

-Plato

Doesn't sound so hopeful to the non-violent to me.

fluffy_hime

I don't know. Random people.

"Must not all things, at the last, be swallowed up in death?"

-Plato

Doesn't sound so hopeful to the non-violent to me.

Are you serious? That quote isn't even relevant to non-violence.

Archived