Married and asexual?

Emily the Strange

Really nice little muzzle on your cat, Starcat. He/she looks so thoughtful. I amazed at all these really great avatars.

My choice of "bodies" to look at will always be cats! Every move they make is pure beauty.

• 2 weeks later...
Damiana~Palidigne

I too am married and asexual.

It might not be the healthiest thing to do, but I sleep with my husband whenever he wants it (which is way too often, in my honest opinion). Being with my husband isn't gross to me, the way being with anyone else always has been or would be. It's just boring. I like that he feels good and close to me, and that's about the extent of my enjoyment of our sex. I lubricate artificially before we start so that it isn't painful (I can't imagine lubricating naturally from intercourse) and then I just let him do his thing. I enjoy kissing him, and I even have fun with foreplay sometimes as long as he isn't doing anything to me. But I like teasing him and going down on him because he likes it so much. I enjoy it the same way I enjoy cooking his favorite meal for him. It's not sexual to me. It's just doing something for his benefit, like giving a gift or writing a love note.

I really don't mind doing it. My only complaint is that a lot of the time I'm too tired, or I'm busy doing something else. Sexuals can be reading a book and have their husband come onto them and get excited and swept up and forget about that book because they feel desire. But I can't. For me, it's more like reading a book and relaxing and then having your kid burst in demanding that you get up and do some menial task like clean up the dog's mess in the living room. Haha, that sounds terrible, but it's true. So that's my only trouble with doing it with him. But as long as it's not hurting me or making me feel repulsed or causing me to resent my wonderful husband, I figure what the hell. I don't see that it does any harm. Besides, I love our son more than anything on earth and he wouldn't have been possible without the mundane ritual.

That is one of the best and most concise descriptions of what it's like to be asexual that I have ever read. It is great to show the contrast between Asexual and Antisexual. Thanks for sharing that, Damiana.

(That part about interruptions while you are reading a book really made me laugh. I have SOOO been there!)

-GB

• 4 weeks later...
Rikusephirosu

Im often told by people much older than me that if you're going to get married, that person expects you to have sex with them on that night. ; ; Im not looking for a relationship at all (Im content with my poetry and artwork..) but really, that sounds almost as if you were signing up to become that person's sexual slave when ever they "want it". :unsure:

If you marry a sexual, they expect sex. Maybe not every night, but that's the expectation.

Archived