Enlightened Thought of the Day

Cate Perfect

Cate Perfect

For my 2900th post I'd like to share with you this thought from PlanetOut.

"I ain't into faggots. I don't like gay people around me, because I'm not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I'm not prejudiced. I just don't go with gay people and kick it -- we don't have that much in common. I'd rather hang out with a straight dude. But women who like women, that's cool." -- Rapper 50 Cent to Playboy magazine, April issue.

...So women who like women aren't gay? That's good to know. Does that mean we can get married?

Cate

No, no, you misunderstood! He only means feminine ladies, and only if he can watch/actively participate. So basically, straight women he can bribe into kissing each other.

He doesn't like those "mannish" looking lesbians. They're queer.

...And every gay guy I know has WAY too much taste to be attracted to you, 50 Cent. Get over your damn self, you butt ugly asswipe.

EDIT: Happy 2900th, pookie. :D

Cate Perfect

I think Julie has a crush on Mr 50 Cent.

(Does it bother anyone else that his name should be 50 Cents? As in plural?)

Cate

I think thugs' inability to use proper grammar at any time is SO attractive. *crushes on $0.50* *kills self*

bard of aven
I think Julie has a crush on Mr 50 Cent.

(Does it bother anyone else that his name should be 50 Cents? As in plural?)

Cate

Hmm. Always love a word riddle. Several possibilities. Could just mean "hundred", in which case his name would "fifty hundred" or perhaps "five thousand". Could be the name of an old card game. Or musically, according to our friends at Merriam Webster, it could mean " the interval between two pure tones whose frequency ratio is the 1200th root of 2 or the 100th root of the tempered semitone interval".

Yeah, probably just don't know him no grammers.

boa

Thanks, Cate. Did you hear that fizzling noise?

..It was a hole being melted into my brain. Honestly, someone needs to invent a way to make human stupidity turn a turbine - bye bye energy crisis!

--davidey

Live R Perfect
"I ain't into faggots. I don't like gay people around me, because I'm not comfortable with what their thoughts are...

Because OBVIOUSLY they'll force you to have sex with them, 50... :roll:

...I'm not prejudiced...

Erm... YES YOU ARE!!! :wink:

Cate Perfect

Usually when someone says 'I'm not prejudiced' it means he or she IS.

Cate

Please do yourselves a favor. Ignore this twit, 50 cents. You don't know if

he's saying what he did for more $$$ or not.

That quote is very disturbing...

...argh, it bothers me so much when people say things like, "I'm not prejudiced, but..." If you have to add a but, then it's pretty much guaranteed that you're about to make a prejudiced statement ("you" referring to people in general).

:x

Sigh. I loooove rap stars, especially gangsta rap stars who perpetuate the idea that one cannot have anything in common with a gay person because of who they have sex with. I am even more happy that 50 cent is such a big role model for kids, especally kids who have gotten the short end of the stick for too long. It really seems like a good idea to make these kids even more inept at 21st social situations than they already generally are. Let's hate gay people, women, let's use guns to solve problems, drugs to erase the memories. This is how, as a people, we are really going to prosper.

Usually when someone says 'I'm not prejudiced' it means he or she IS.

And it's usually followed by "but". "I'm not prejudiced BUT"

Same with when people say "I realise everyone has a right to their opinion..." it usually is followed but a subtle way of saying "but they're assholes"

Well, I think we can all agree that 50 Cent is a moron. And that if a quote appears in playbpy, we can probably discount it.

Archived