• Uh...NO!!
    • I have none, but am curious
    • Just the traditional places
    • One or two 'interesting' pieces
    • 3-5 extra places
    • 6-10
    • I'm a pin-cushion! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

I wonder, what moves you to get piercings? Both my sisters got their ears pierced a little while back and I suppose they just did it for fashion (they answered my questions basically, "Just because"). I'm not trying to lecture; I just want to know, why would you get piercings?

I like the way they look.

Cate

weirdchick098
I wonder, what moves you to get piercings? Both my sisters got their ears pierced a little while back and I suppose they just did it for fashion (they answered my questions basically, "Just because"). I'm not trying to lecture; I just want to know, why would you get piercings?

I think they are beautiful. Within reason of course. I only wish I had the patience to get the rest of mine -sigh-

I have 4 in one ear (8, 10, 12, and 14 gauge respectively), and two in the other (8 and 10 gauge).

Sweet. Mine used to be 10 gauge. Unfortunately, when I was getting it done, the guy accidentally pinched my left ear and I had to take them out, so they shrunk back down. I'm going to get them re-done as soon as I can pick up another 10ga. circular barbell. (I lost one of them.)

And more holes in my ears. Later though, tattoo first.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have 19 peircings, my dad gave me 400$ a peice to take out each one on my face' the large plugs in my ears, and the two industrial ones, so I took them out and raked in a bit of money, plus they werent very important to me. I had both my nipples peiced and took them out after I had gotten a xray done and never put them back in. any one know how to make 0 gauge holes in lobes close up faster? Ive had them out for over 2 years and they still arent closed enough to wear some regular earrings. rubbing them has helped quiet a bit though.

baa*baa*grey*sheep

I have no piercings whatsoever! I don't think I'd suit ear piercings, not to mention any other piercings. I wouldn't mind getting a little tattoo though, but I'm not sure if I'd even suit one of those! Also, I'm worried about the health risks, i.e. blood poisoning.

:D

any one know how to make 0 gauge holes in lobes close up faster? Ive had them out for over 2 years and they still arent closed enough to wear some regular earrings. rubbing them has helped quiet a bit though.

Um... Maybe vitamin E with the rubbing them? You might also ask a professional piercer about it. That's probably the best way to find out. And it is entirely possible that they aren't going to get any smaller. The "point of no return" varies from person to person, but I've most often heard 00ga. and 2ga. as that point. So, uh... That's all I can say to help.

• 1 year later...

I was all set to live and die piercingless. Then, last March, I woke up and informed my best friend that we were skipping our Environmental Science Lab because I wanted to go and get my ears pierced. It surprised the heck out of my family, I can tell you that much.

I've kind of regretted it, though. I can't switch out my earrings because it hurts like nothing else when I try and put in my left earring unless I use the original piercing earring. I probably shouldn't have tried switching the earrings the second the required six weeks were up. I should have waited the full six months like most people do. Now I'm terrified to even try it because the past couple of attempts at earring switching have resulted in lots of pain and full-out panics about never getting an earring back in.

I have 4 total right now.

2 in left ear, 1 in right.

septum

Used to have a few more.

lebret - I ripped the hole when I feel while under the influence of anasthisia from tooth surgery, so I had to let it heal, will probably get this one repierced in the future

both nipples twice - I was never able to get them to hell quite right and one of them actually started migrating out

prince albert

I LOVE the title of this thread. I was cracking up. :lol:

Anyways, I only have two piercings, one in each ear, and I didn't get them until this past March, because getting holes in my ears didn't appeal to me much before.

I heard a horror story about nipple piercings, and managed to talk my dad out of getting some...

Because they look pretty and I like the shiny, shiny metal. (I'm part magpie)

Archived