• Just the traditional places
    • One or two 'interesting' pieces
    • 3-5 extra places
    • 6-10
    • I'm a pin-cushion! :D

This poll is closed to new votes

Cate Perfect

Hi, folks.

Just wondering who has extra-curricular jewellery.

I have a total of 18, including the traditional places.

EDIT: I was just reminded by the missus that I have 18 holes and 16 pieces of jewellery. Good thing SOMEONE is keeping up with these things.

ANOTHER EDIT: This one for clarification. Ears are traditional and everything else is extra-curricular. Even though at this point I don't even notice labret, septum or other facial piercings any more.

Cate

What can I say, darling? It's not something one easily forgets.

I do not have any holes in my body that I didn't start off life with, though I'm not adverse to the idea, and sometimes think about maybe getting some jewelry installed. I'll prolly do more thinking than piercing though.

I also don't mind piercings in others (obviously) though I think with facial piercings it really depends on the face.

I have two piercings, one in each ear, and I'll most likely stay with just two. Other people can do whatever they want with their body, although I wonder about the logic behind getting a tongue ring when it impairs the person's speech.

Cate Perfect

This appeared to go missing so I did a search, and I'm bringing it back up.

*eyeballs post to see if it tries to go away again*

Cate

Uhhh, NO.

There are only two places I would even consider getting pierced. The first one is

my left earlobe

And the second is

my right earlobe :-)

I have 2 in my left ear, 1 in my right. And that's fine by me. I considered getting one in my eyebrow, but then I thought that it looks unprofessional, and if I get hit in the face, it might get torn out (yes, I think about things like getting slugged). Anyway, I have this little problem when it comes to piercings... I'm belonephobic, which is odd considering I have this lovely obsession with collecting swords, daggers, knives, bows'n'arrows, darts, axes, art. :)

just my ears, which have been pierced since infancy. tried getting a second hole in each ear, but those closed up, so i just said, "fuck it."

fluffy_hime
(yes, I think about things like getting slugged).

:lol: Crazy rugby chick.

I have two: left and right ear. Except whoever did it when I was little was an idiot because they're slightly crooked. You can't tell unless you focus in, but it still bothers me. I used to have second holes but they closed up. I think about getting more sometimes, it's just the initial painful/crust period is a pain. Also, they would be slightly off-balanced as well. I've thought about getting them redone for the balance but I think there's too much scar tissue there now. I've had my first holes (still open) pierced two or three times cause they always closed when I was younger, hehe. Stupid self-repairing body...

Okay, and that is more than anyone will ever want to know about my ears.

fluffy_hime

And for those of you who don't know, labret=lip and septum=thin fleshy part of nose between nostrils.

I looked it up.

For some reason I was associating septum with sternum, and got very frightened.

I have pierced ears yet I hardly ever wear earrings. I think that I might be sensitive to most metals that earrings are made of. So I cannot wear them. :?

I thought it was going to be a poll on whether or not you randomly set off those detectors at stores that say if you've stolen something or not. My dad does that a lot...when he's coming in. :?

Anyway, no. Not even ears. I have a fear... :shock:

Silly Green Monkey

Just ears, and I keep earrings in them all the time to prevent closure. I had to get them repierced after an infection closed them last time.

One ear. I guess that was a bit unclear. I've had it for about a year now, and I could probably go without - I just don't.

I want more, actually. Maybe I'll go get some.

--davidey

ive got my tongue pierced... :P

used to have my ears done.. but i dont really suit it.. so theres hole in places and not..depends on whats closed up or not. havent checked in awhile to be honest!

I got my ears pierced when I was twelve but allowed them to grow back after then infected once. I never could habituate to the earrings or become semi-unconscious of them. It's just too much for my sense of touch.

• 9 months later...

I had my ears pierced twice, but I forgot to keep them open. :roll: I can be incredibly lazy sometimes. As for other, more "interesting" places, I think it would interfere with certain functions (i.e., tongue piercings would make eating difficult), or just be uncomfortable/awkward.

I had my ears pierced twice, but I've only kept one in each ear, the others have healed up now.

I don't have any other piercings, and wouldn't fancy getting them but I do have a huge chunk of metal in my leg. It doesn't set off metal detectors though, which is good.

I have my tongue pierced and it's never given me any problems when eating, though I do have an acrylic tongue bar, which is better than metal for various reasons.

Cate

• 2 weeks later...

*feels awfully lonely as the only pin cushion*

*oh, wait, that's no biggie*

I am a little surprised, though, as we have so many teens/college students...

Cate

weirdchick098

You've probably already done this Cate, but I am stupid and preoccupied with cake, so I haven't seen it... :o Would you care to list all your piercings with a poor ol' mod-fanatic? :D

I have an eyebrow piercing, with a spike on it.

Piercings had fascinated me for some time until I saw a guy with such a piercing which looked so cool I thought: "I want one of those!"

I got it done for free as I made the piercer some piercing jewellery from borosilicate glass.

Both my ears are pierced, but only for "conventional" earrings; a stud in the left and "dangly" one in the right.

I haven't actually listed them here, but here goes:

Four in my lobes--two each side.

Both conches.

One in the upper cartilage of my right ear.

Tongue

Belly button

The 'Ladies'

And the rest are extra-extra curricular. PM me if you really want to know.

Cate

*feels awfully lonely as the only pin cushion*

*oh, wait, that's no biggie*

I am a little surprised, though, as we have so many teens/college students...

Cate, I will be a pin cushion later. Must have that big 1-8 first. Tattoo before the piercings, though, most likely. And I need to re-stretch my "traditional" piercings, thus making them "less" "traditional". Tee hee.

I probably will have 4 more lobe piercings, + nose (only a small diamond though, most anything else is not for me), + navel (post drum corps abs)... And others.

I have 4 in one ear (8, 10, 12, and 14 gauge respectively), and two in the other (8 and 10 gauge).

And 1 in each nipple (12 gauge).

I used to have a belly button piercing, but, because it wasn't done correctly, I had alot of scar tissue and it "pinched" alot. So I finally took the damn thing out.

No piercings whatsoever, and absolutely no plans to ever get piercings.

I rarely even wear a ring; I'm really not into jewelry.

I wonder, what moves you to get piercings? Both my sisters got their ears pierced a little while back and I suppose they just did it for fashion (they answered my questions basically, "Just because"). I'm not trying to lecture; I just want to know, why would you get piercings?

Archived