money or sex

(SP)

Make of this what you will:

Would you rather have more money or sex?

We just had to askBy Deborah Norville

Updated: 5:37 p.m. ET April 01, 2004Well, actually, we didn‘t think up the question. The author of “Rich Dad, Poor Dad,” Robert Kiyosaki. He conducted a poll asking Americans, which would you rather have more of, more sex or more money? Well, the results might surprise you: Two-thirds of the folks said they‘d rather accumulate than fornicate. Now, you can interpret these results any number of ways? Have we grown so greedy that we are less needy for sex? Has the economy gotten so bad that extra treasure means more than pleasure?

advertisement

Or maybe there are just more of us who simply are tired. We baby boomers are getting up there; 20, 30 years ago, that poll might have gone a different way. Now maybe demographic realities are catching up with us. As America gets older, it seems we lust more for the color of green than for the other one. Well, maybe, if the economy gets booming again and those retiring funds start to look a little fancier, we‘ll be able to relax and reorder the priorities.

'Deborah Norville Tonight' airs weeknights, 9 p.m. ET on MSNBC

I'd rather have more money. But I found that little article weird. It seemed so shocked that many people want more money than sex. As if this society isn't sex crazed enough, they think its odd that its not moreso? At least thats how I read it...

As if this society isn't sex crazed enough, they think its odd that its not moreso? At least thats how I read it...

Yeah, same. Weird.

I actually wouldn't mind the money. Now, to use it for good or evil...?

Note that the question only has two choices. I would try to add more.

However, I will play thier game for the sake of experiment.

Since I don't need sex but do need $$, I choose $$$. Given the parameters

of the question, the answer is obivous.

Have we grown so greedy that we are less needy for sex? Has the economy gotten so bad that extra treasure means more than pleasure?

don't worry, Sacred, I know it's not YOUR quote, it was just on your post.

I don't think wanting more money constitutes being 'greedy'. Most everyone can use "more money", be it to just buy a house, a reliable car, help take care of someone in their family who is sick, secure a future for kids, give to charity etc. I don't think the WANT of money is greedy, I think it'd be greedy to want ALL the money or just want the money so you could have better clothing or something.

As Apollo said, I don't need sex but I'll always need money. Not astounding measures of it and I'm not saying it'd make me happy for the rest of my life but if I had two choices, it'd be money.

I agree with what some of y'all are saying. I'd rather have money than sex. Money is good for buying food and good clothes and making sure I have someplace to sleep and other necessities (books, some music now and then), while sex is just . . . no.

Well, (assuming I weren't asexual) if I were faced with a choice of either more opportunities to have a few seconds or minutes of intense pleasure now and then, or the ability to finance much more varied and longer-lasting pleasures, to say nothing of the other benefits extra money would allow for, guess which I would want?

Cate Perfect

Even if I were sexual I would want more money. I suppose if you had more sex then you'd be able to sleep, eat and live over at your partner's places, but I'd rather be self sufficient, thanks.

Cate

I fucking want money because I hardly have any type of income, and I like to buy things, like video games. Video games are better than sex. I don't need sex.

--------------------------

The sexuals probably realized that choosing money can mean getting both.

Money can buy sex, remember? :roll:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was going to say.

Money can't buy love, but it can buy a LOT of sex.

Of course, you can do a lot of good things with money you can never do with sex (like give it to schools and charities).

You cannot buy happiness with $$. But you can rent some.

Of course, you can do a lot of good things with money you can never do with sex (like give it to schools and charities).

*tries to picture that*

"Gropes for MS Victims! Please come and donate."

Eww. Yup, looks like the sexual economy has its limits. Which is a really, really good thing.

*tries to picture that*

"Gropes for MS Victims! Please come and donate."

Eww. Yup, looks like the sexual economy has its limits. Which is a really, really good thing.

Perhaps it's more like the sexual economy hit the wall built by the law of

diminishing returns.

wouldn't that make the prostitution industry the most economicallt stable?

It's like renting things... except for loss and theft, you buy once and then you just keep renting them out. Of course, prostitutes get old and die, fitting into law of d.r., but in the meantime the bring in the most bang for the buck (no pun intended...okay, yes it was) out of anything else. I mean, people don't pay $2000 an hour for anything else.

If I was sexual (and who knows, I might be at some point...) I would probably choose sex rather than money.

See, even if I were sexual, I would not have sex for sex's sake.

I would have it with my soul mate and after marriage.

So I assume if I chose 'sex' that would mean I would meet my soul mate.

Of course if I already had, I would choose money, because if I was already having sex w/said soulmate I would have all the sex I needed allready and if not we could always do more. It's not like I would want sex with more people.

wouldn't that make the prostitution industry the most economicallt stable?

Editing . . . . .

No. The law of diminishing returns affects all economic activities.

Money = lift tickets and ski vacations.

Sex = Pleasure

Skiing = Much much more pleasure

Gonna have to go with money here. Keeping priorities straight is important.

bard of aven
Money, so I can buy weapons :twisted:

Which reminds me, where the hell is the Zorui formerly known as I like Pie???

boa

PlatonicPimp

Yes, our society is even more money obsessed than sex obsessed.

In puritan times the love of money was never considered evil, in fact, financial success was considered a sign that god loved you. A proper gentleman would not be interested in ladies but in making more money. (At least until he had enough to support a family, then he was expected to wed, mate, produce lots of children and then go back to only caring about money, often in less than three years.)

Thusly, while we've had to overcome sexual repression in our society, we've always been encouraged to love money. Even the opinion that money is the root of all evil is never really considered except facitiously (Reference: the songs "Plenty of money and you" and "I need Money")

"The best things in life are free- but you can leave them for the birds and bees."

Money, so I can buy weapons :twisted:

Ooooh, good idea! Its been so soo long since I've bought a sword. :( I hate being broke. I'm starting a "Weapons for Xendara" fund. Please feel free to donate. There is a nice little Scythian axe I want, and a German sword. And a scimatar. And...

Well, there's always

The best things in life are free.

But I don't believe it either.

But the memory of my arrest on weapons charges are still too fresh for me to buy any new ones, what with the 'freeze!' and the guns and the handcuffs and the crying for three hours.

Okay, I'm a wimp, but it got me out on my own recognizance.

• 2 weeks later...

With the money, I could buy things. I like to buy things. Like video games and money in Final Fantasy XI. Final Fantasy XI pwns sex. Sex is sickening.

Blue_Liminality

Money can give me clothes, homes, jewels, or any other accessory. But what can sex give me that I actually want or need?

This question, in my opinion, makes no sense whatsoever - but then, I admit to having a biased viewpoint.

How about ... "Would you rather deeply inhale fresh air or fresh manure?" That makes just as much sense.

Show me da money!

-Greybird

Archived