Interesting Asexuality-Related Link

ApolloSeek

VivreEstEsperer

That's a good article!!

The spectrum runs from a total disinterest in sex, called hyposexuality, to the burning, unrelenting, desire that never lets up, called hypersexuality. Most people, of course, fall somewhere in the middle. And again, I want to emphasize, its not a matter of choice.

Hyposexual individuals often don't have an easy time in life. They are still fully capable of feeling romantic love, often quite deeply. They are liable to think that sex is a crude thing, and that ‘real love' should not depend on sex. After all, they can live without it, and still be deeply romantic, so to them, it can look like sex isn't really an important part of a relationship. When they do begin a romance, they find that they are either having more sex than they want to, or imposing a degree of celibacy on their sexually normal partners. This doesn't make for fulfilling relationships.

Live R Perfect

Hey thats great! I thought hyposexuality was just a very low sex drive? That seems to imply that hyposexuality = asexuality...

Cate Perfect

I would say that 'regular deep friendships' wouldn't have the same "monogamous" quality. I don't expect my closest friend to only be friends with me, but in a romantic relationship I would expect that person to only be romantic with me.

Cate

I would say that 'regular deep friendships' wouldn't have the same "monogamous" quality. I don't expect my closest friend to only be friends with me, but in a romantic relationship I would expect that person to only be romantic with me.

Cate

A romantic relationship is more intimate on every level. Whereas an asexual might not want physical affection from a friend, he or she could engage in some physical affection with the romantic partner.

It isn't the amount of time people spend together. The difference is all in the qualities of friendship and romance. The friend has a romantic life or dimension or more domestic sphere to which he returns after he's spent time with his friend.

You come out of yourself a little more with a friend.

With a romantic relationship, the standards of forthrightness and intimacy are higher.

I have many friends. I have no 'love interest' as yet.

I haven't brought anyone that close. Even though I have a wonderful crush on someone.

The crush itself is often pleasure enough.

I'd have to dispute, after hearing and learning about polyamory (deep and committed relationships among 3 or more people) that romantic relationships are necessarily "more" monogamous...

Wow,

That is one of the most fascinating links I have read in a long time, including some of the other links that it contains. like deja vu, etc.

Thanks for posting it.

I was unable to get back to the home page for some reason. What web site is it from?

-Greybird

Um ... never mind.

I figured it out.

-Greybird

Interesting article! :) This is off topic but I will have to check out the deja vu link as well. I experienced deja vu for the entire year of 1999! :shock: I am still trying to figure out what could have caused it... :shock:

Live R Perfect

Someone told me once that the sensation of deja vu is caused by a tiny delay between the signals from each eye reaching your brain, which gives you the impression of having seen everything thats happening before. I have no idea if there is any truth in that theory, but it sounds plausible to me!

I have had deja vu experiences where, as soon as they begin, I perfectly remember the dream that they seem to be replaying.

For the next several seconds, up to perhaps half a minute, I know exactly what is going to happen. I can see the entire chain of events coming, and one time I was actually able to mention something right before it happened. It was some trivial little thing, but very strange nonetheless.

My husband (the one I told) was very disturbed by it, but I have never felt anything more than a sense of wonder and curiosity when it happens.

-Greybird

When it happened to me, I actually experienced deja vu non-stop for the entire year of 1999! :shock: It made me feel as if I was in a timeloop! :shock:

Archived