Black Ring: Our earring?

Lordbob

Someone told me that a black ring on the middle finger of the right hand is a symbol of asexualism.

A. Is it true?

B. If so, where can I get one? Spencers?

The Evil Cashew

I know it was a discussion a year or so ago and i think a large group of people decided to adopt it. I am not sure if its actually official or not however or how widely understood it is.

You can get black hematite rings cheap online and at stores (but i cant name any cuz i dunno whats around you) Spencer;s might have some... i cant remember.... but i know i went looking for hematite rings online and you can get them dirt cheap. Since they are kinda fragile, even if you bye 10 for 5$ its still a good deal.

~Cashew

The Evil Cashew

er.... not off hand sorry. i juts remembered googling some and at some point i found some jewelry stores.

sorry cant help more than that.

~Cashew

The Evil Cashew

er.... not off hand sorry. i juts remembered googling some and at some point i found some jewelry stores.

sorry cant help more than that.

~Cashew

Someone told me that a black ring on the middle finger of the right hand is a symbol of asexualism.

A. Is it true?

B. If so, where can I get one? Spencers?

It's about as official as the colour purple and cake being the food. It has also morphed. I believe at the beginning, it was just a black ring (I'm not sure I like it, it's like saying because I'm asexual that my love is dead) now it's on a specific finger on a specific hand.

You can get them anywhere from Claire's and other teen botiques right up to $5000 ones at a jeweler's. Determining your ring size is simple, go to a jeweler's.

I wear a hemetite ring on my right middle finger. It works for me. I find them at my local...hippy store?

I was wondering, have you ever seen a solid sardonyx ring? (aka, not a metal ring beset with one) My birthstone is sardonyx and it'd be neat if i could combine.

I buy all of my hematite jewellery on eBay now, it seems to be the only place that has any these days. I think the hematite was suggested then kind of poo-pooed from some corners because of how fragile it is. *shrug*

Eh, I bought two. I'm waiting for it to shatter but so far, it's been doing a good job of entertaining me by spinning on my desk like a coin.

If I should wear a black earring, what would I be then?

(don't like wearing rings on fingers)

There is a beading/gemstones store near me that routinely stocks high quality black Hematite or Magnetite rings. If you lack a credit card, don't want to buy online, or just don't trust the online world for financial transactions, I'm willing to get them for folks here and send them to you, as long as you cover the cost of the ring(s) and the postage. I live in Canada, so those of you in the US may have to deal with a customs tariff or brokerage fee, so keep that in mind. If I recall correctly, each ring is $3.80 Canadian.

I can't testify to their wearability because I'm not currently wearing one due to the number of metal-banded rings I wear on all fingers of both hands. I would suspect that putting a Hematite or Magnetite ring on beside a metal-banded ring would drastically shorten the Hematite/Magnetite ring's life, if only because of hitting the metal ones all the time.

I do plan to buy one shortly and will either move my other rings around to allow for it or wear it on a string around my neck, like my crystal and my goldstone pendants.

One must bear in mind that hematite/magnetite rings are natural products and can have flaws. That said, I have worn 1 magnetite and 1 hematite bracelet for years and years and never had any problems with them, despite how hard I can be on jewelry due to being a klutz. Mine are both beaded bracelets, but none have ever shattered or broken. One bracelet is now five years old, and despite needing to be re-strung a few times, it has no problems at all.

Due to the fact that the store is in a town that isn't all that convenient in the winter, I make only a very few trips up until mid-spring. Due to this, I'll have to wait until I have more than one request for rings. It makes no sense to go running out just for one order, especially since it is more than an hour out of my way, on snowladen, windswept, rural roads. Once the weather improves, I go down for my own gemstone addiction a few times every season, so combining your orders with my own purchases won't be hard. In the summer, I'm up there at least once a month!

So, if you want me to get you a black hematite or magnetite ring, just PM me here. I can get as many as they've got in stock!

Ah! My stuck my ring on the tong that a guy was holding in my chem lab today and he dropped it by accident! R.I.P to my first A-ring... Good thing I got a spare.

Also as an alternative to hematite you can get black galvanized steel rings. Same steel used for body piercing jewelry, fantastically durable. You can pick 'em up online or from just about any jewelry store that supplies piercing jewelry, though you may have to order a plain black ring if they don't have it in stock.

Archived