How many pure asexuals here?

Zylon

Unless by pure asexual one means a person who has no orientation at all.

I have an orientation, can even experience arousal, but still have no desire whatsoever to actually do the nasty, I don't care how aroused or attracted I might be... It does get a little confusing when you try to pin everything down. That's what I like about the word asexual, as someone on another thread said, it's a fuzzy term.

I never knew such a word existed, let alone that there were other people like me, until my mother told me she a saw something on TV about it two or three years back. I got so excited. My response was, "Are you serious!? Who knew! Wow!"

• 1 month later...

I think there's only one type of complete (or "true") asexual and that's the kind and feels nothin' for no one at all. From there it's just degrees and aspects of asexuality. That's just my opinion on the subject.

I already knew I was an inpure asexual before I even read what defined them *walks away in shame covering head with a balnket of shame*

• 1 month later...
sounds rather starnge to say "pure", makes me think of the "pure blood" wizards of harry potter >.<

I wanna be a "Muggle Asexual"! Please, please, please!?!

Sigh. I suppose by the OP's description I may be 'pure' (despite massive hatred on that terminology), but powerful orgasms since age six? :blink: Man... If people hadn't taught me about sex (and hence masturbation) I wouldn't know what an orgasm was.

Fuckin' piaa mert!

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I have a (high, irritatingly so) sex drive, so I'm guessing I'm a filthy mudblood?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
gray_imagination

I dislike your terminology, but as to your question, I seem to be one of the "pure" ones.

I have no sex drive and in order to behave sexually, as I initially thought I had to, I read a bunch of books on sex and sex acts an techniques and what was normal to feel etc, but it didn't really help. I wasn't into it, and, I lacked pretty much any instinct about it at all. At first I just thought I was inexperienced and insecure, but, the more time passed the more I began to realize that it was more than that. No orgasms or masturbation. There's just nothing about sex that goes with me.

Like many others, I don't like the term "pure," but for me sexual activity always feels completely unnatural, so I guess I fall under your description.

carried in bags

i dont have a sex drive, i am attracted to females. in the past i have acted in an unpure asexual way.

its like "gay" theres " a little bit gay" "really gay" and "gay gay"

• 2 weeks later...
50 Cent Piece

I'm kind of confused about the difference between the purposed "impure" and "pure" (unfortunate implications aside). Is the only difference we're talking about here is whether or not you would have realized that your dangly bits can be, uh, combined with other bits, even if you had never been told about it, versus if you hadn't been told, you would have never known (though both are still without the sexual attraction)?

Because some of the posts made me wonder if the difference was having a libido, but that doesn't sound right since the original poster called themselves "pure", despite masturbating aka; a libido.

OR SOMETHING, I DON'T KNOW AAAA

I define two types of asexuals. In one type the person possesses the sex instinct, but does not want to use it.

Isn't that Celibacy? :blink:

midsummer.mist

Hmmm ... what is a pure asexual? Am I? No, I don't think so. Yes, in my visible real life I seem to be a pure asexual. I never had a relationship, never had sex (what means I'm a virgin), I'm even unkissed.

But I do masturbate regularly and enjoy this. And I'm able to have hot imaginations. It's like a second secret life under the surface of my daily life.

Well I was just about to tear into the elitist BS "pure" inspires but luckily Katja mentioned pure maple syrup.

I cannot be my all angsty self while thoughts of pure maple syrup flit through my head.

What we're we talking about... pancakes?

Yes, I like pancakes :D

• 4 weeks later...

I think the "pure vs impure" argument is going to lead to more lack of acceptance than you intended it to by bringing it up (yes folks! I'm actually giving a benefit of doubt to someone- make it holiday).

We really don't need anyone, least of all one of "our own" willingly giving anyone, asexual, sexual, or something in between any reason to doubt the label or identity that they've been searching so hard for.

I'm really not a "pure" anything, except myself. But under usual circumstances, I would have this OP to be very upsetting/depressing and divisive to the bigger picture.

However, right now I only find it divisive.

Clearly, all of us mudblood asexuals can go and shamefully jerk off piss off !

I think MOST asexuals lack what you are calling the sex instinct. Some asexuals learn how to perform, but nearly every asexual who describes it says that sex is a foreign activity and a foreign idea to them. I often say that if I were born on an isolated island, surrounded by hot, sexy men (I am a hetero-romantic female) who were programmed not to initiate sexual activity with me unless I make the first move, not only would the first move never happen, but it would never cross my mind. I am pretty sure that in a vacuum I would have figured out kissing, and I am positive I would have ultimately come up with cuddling and hugging and hand-holding. But genitals would be for bodily waste disposal and that is it. If nobody ever told me my genitals could be used for something else, I never would figure it out on my own.

Even when I have been in relationships and been very sexually active, every time I have sex I have to concentrate to figure out what needs to happen next and what I should be doing. Nothing comes naturally to me.

I have never differentiated between sexual desire and a sex instinct. For me, when I see someone I find physically attracted to, I want to be near them - hug them, hold hands, or even just sit with our arms or legs touching. Usually I don't feel the urge to kiss them unless physical attraction is combined with an attractive context - when they do something cool or something nice or say something wonderful. So I guess you could say I have the instinct to kiss or the instinct to cuddle...but I am not sure how that gives any further meaning than the current common term of physical attraction or physical desire.

Other than people who repress their sexual urges (consciously or unconsciously) due to trauma, I don't understand how an asexual could have the "sex instinct" but not sexual desire...they seem to be the same thing to me.

Also from what I understand, at least some sexuals have sexual instinct before puberty. One sexual told me once that even when he was very young, before he even knew what sex was, he could look at an attractive woman and know that there was something he was interested in between her legs. He didn't know what, but he felt an instinctual compulsion driving him towards that region of her body.

This post expresses my thoughts and feelings perfectly and I'm actually surprised by that.

• 7 months later...
corduroyjackalope

Pure aromantic asexual (and fircely proud of it!)

It doesn't sound like the OP (who posted more than two years ago and hasn't really been seen since) meant "pure" in the sense of virgin, etc., just in their own highly individual definition of "real" asexual and not-real asexual.

I just hate the word pure being used referring to asexuality. It really is divisive. It reminds me of the perennial, probably-never-to-be-resolved fight between gays and bisexuals, wherein some gays claim that bisexuals are just self-hating closet gays. The "pure/virgin" stuff has the same capacity to divide asexuals into two orientations before we even get visibility as an orientation.

This is one of those threads that would have been better off staying buried.

-GB

I'm not sure if I got what you mean... well, sexuality as a whole is very mysterious to me, I usually don't get the "dirty jokes", sexual hints etc. And personally I don't have any idea what "sexy" really means. I have an extremely low libido.

Soo... what does that make me in your way to see it? :blink: (I'm not sure what "sexual instict" is, for instance... so as I said I'm not sure what you meant)

And btw, like some people said already, "pure" is not a good word to use like this - it sounds elitistic... and it makes it sounds like some people would be "better asexuals" <_<

what? Pure like what?

I don't even think small children is unaware of sex. Of course they don't have intercourse but they play with their sexual parts from a very young age.

I don't see how being sexually naive can make you any more of an Asexual.

If anything being a sexually naive Asexual would probably increase the chances of remarks of "Are you sure you're Asexual?" IMO. Plus, I think there are plenty of Sexuals out there who are sexually naive, but that doesn't make them Asexual or any less Sexual.

And there are those who think the 'pure' or 'ideal' Asexual is someone who has had sexual experiences in the past, that way they can't be accused (so much) of 'knocking something before you've tried it'.

I don't think it's right to define 'real' Asexauls based on a pattern of thought or behaviour.

The ONLY thing that qualifies you as a 'pure' Asexual is Not Experiencing Sexual Attraction. Nothing else.

• 2 months later...
Hot_Air_Balloons

You sound a lot like me. I would have no clue sex existed if I wasn't told about it. (Or society didn't shove it in my face!) My brain just can't even wrap my head around it today. Even when I started to get libido at puberty, at first I thought something was wrong with me. I hate libido though, it feels very alien to me. Like I don't even know what to do with it, kind of thing.

I get squishes sometimes, but I never experience sexual or romantic attraction.

I have been interested in this topic too, like how many asexuals out there seem to have no instincts. Except that you could argue I do because of my body, although it just goes off on it's own, unrelated to anything. In fact I am totally repuslsed by anything sexual.

Peeps, please keep in mind that this is an old thread and that the OP is long gone.

Also, if you read it carefully, he was trying to find a word to descibe his own experience and not really trying to be elitist.

Bad choice of words, unfortunately, but ... stuff happens. *shrug*

I don't want to lock this dead thread just because it keeps crawling back out of the grave, but I am considering it. (A zombie thread? eeps!)

-GB

Archived