• Ew it's gross!
    • I just never bothered to try.
    • I used to, but not anymore.

This poll is closed to new votes

bard of aven

Responded to privately.

Who is Bill??? (Apparently not......)

boa

I don't know if I've posted to this thread before, but I am hardcore straight-edge. No alcohol, no cigs, no drugs, no sex, no caffiene. There is the possibility that when I turn 21, might end up drinking a drink at an occasional party or something, but never on a regular basis, and never enough to get me drunk. But I've promised myself I wouldn't drink at all until I was 21, minus the sip of champagne I had New Year's Eve 1999.

I think that this is definately a nurture thing. I have never seen my parents drunk, ever. I've only seen them drink a handful of times. And they've never told me not to, either. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I told them that I drank at a party. It's just that drinking is just not something I've ever percieved as being "normal", because my parents never do. I've never felt the drive to do it. Why drink something that tastes bad so that you can lose control of yourself, not remember the next day, and have complete strangers come up to you and give you the sordid details of your evening? No, thank you. I'd rather read a book. I'm a dork, yes, but a dork that knows what she wants.

Eww it's gross! Well, not all of it. Just most of it. It's definitely something I can live without.

How much do you have to drink (on average) to feel any effects of some drinks? I've never felt any different at all, although I've never had more than a small glass of champagne or wine or rum. At least that means no hangovers . . . those don't sound like fun.

Eww it's gross! Well, not all of it. Just most of it. It's definitely something I can live without.

How much do you have to drink (on average) to feel any effects of some drinks? I've never felt any different at all, although I've never had more than a small glass of champagne or wine or rum. At least that means no hangovers . . . those don't sound like fun.

Ignore the average, don't eat for 4 hours, do some heavy sports, you won't need much then :P.

For the record, I usually don't drink. Then again, my friends love to try getting me drunk :lol:, wich usually just ends up in me getting lots of free beers of wich I drink a few :D.

Drinking and students are kinda very related here too. You notice that when you check out our uni-city's (leuven) prime income, I think it's beer (Interbrew is located there :P) and university exploits and university started industry.

I voted "Sure, it's good".

I like a good buzz, but I wouldn't drink to the point of doing stupid things I'd regret and/or not even remember the following day.

• 2 weeks later...
Hamster on Caffiene

not all the time. At least my campus isn't as strict as a rival school nearby...one can get in trouble if they just have beer bottle caps in their dorm at that school.

But there was a time once that my school before changing to the dry campus policy would have events were beer was served right there in the student union.

unfortunatly I learen the hard way about what happens heavly drinking different liqours after starting off with a beer. Oh so stupid, anymore i rather be just a bit tispy or buzzed. notthat falling on my ass, not remembering everything, drunk; i don't care for. My buddies can tease me about having "tolerance issues", but you know screw them.

i drink, but not much. i sure as hell hate it if i had a bit too much and a #$%^&* hangover the next day.

2 aspirines before you go to sleep should help a lot ;):D. Still, I don't want to promote drinking though :P.

I drink occasionally, because I attend boarding college where the regulations are quite strict. But, to be honest, even if I could go out on the piss every night I wouldn't bother. I dislike most types of alcohol.

Alcopops are all right, but there's only one variety I particularly like, so I don't tend to drink those particularly quickly or in excess.

I've been drunk once, although I'm still in denial that it was properly drunk because it was only three drinks. I was enough in control of my thoughts to not worry I was going to do something silly, so I don't think I was too far gone. I just couldn't walk very well!

• 5 months later...

I'm still underaged, so there is that to consider. I like a glass of wine with a nice dinner, and I think beer has its place alongside certain foods, but I don't see any point in drinking to get drunk. Pretty much the only times I drink are on holidays when I'm home with my family, or at restaurants in countries with a lower/no drinking age.

I drink most days, usually beer. Real ale if it's available. I also brew my own, which can produce some quite startling results. :shock: :twisted:

I cannot wait until I turn 21. Then I can finally go to good shows. :twisted:

I don't drink, and have no interest.

Vicious Trollop

Why isn't there an 'every day' option? :wink:

Naw, maybe every other weekend, but I do like my sauce.

I like an occasional glass of red wine with a meat dish, or a pint or two of ale (a taste I picked up living in the UK), or the occasional small glass of port or muscat.

Once in a while I'll have a bottle or two of New Castle brown from the fridge, just cause it's yummy.

It says a lot about society where it's easy to buy a lethal weapon (which a ridiculous constitution says you have the 'right' to own) yet getting a beer is more difficult!

Oh, good, another ad hominem anti-gun drive-by.

The "gun-free" UK has the highest crime rates in Europe. The EU has higher crime rates than the US, and most of its member states have long histories of government terror against defenseless citizens -- something the US and Switzerland (a non-EU member with a similar "ridiculous" right) do not.

Who is being ridiculous again, please?

May I suggest followups on this topic to here http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewt...;highlight=guns or here http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewt...;highlight=guns

Picked the 'I used to, but not anymore' option. I've drunk it in the past when it seemed like a social requirement (wine at dinner, beer at the pub with friends) but since I've never liked the taste or after-effects am not about to do it again. I dislike being in the company of people who're drinking alcohol since it seems to transform them into maudlin, argumentative or crass beings quite unlike their normal selves.

I drink a bit more often than I really want to. Its definitely not on a daily basis, but I did get absolutely ratshit last night. I mean I was totally shitfaced. Like you wouldn't believe. But I loved it every step of the way! Surprisingly I don't have the slightest hint of a hangover :?

I enjoy a drink to relax of an evening. I seldom (if ever) go out and if I overindulge, I find everything hysterically, rolling on the floor can't breathe funny.

Then I fall asleep.

I drink at ocassion, but the "ocassion" rarely arises. I clasify myself as not-drinker, because I find there many more interesting substances to use. I rather prefer something that I won't get addicted to; and since I know about traits in the family, I am at high risk to be alcohol addict, so basicaly I try to go out of alcohol and not mess with that. Friends can't convince me, neither bf could. Strong as stone, you know. But when it is end of the year, I might drink a glass, but no more than that.

I don't drink alcohol as vodka or such. If I drink, those are liquers and/or red wine (with or without cinnamon).

When I can afford it.

I've not drunk much in ages. I won't often get completely hammered -- though my birthday was an exception....

--El Peix

I dont drink alcohol and I dont ever plan to, not even a few sips. I don't even drink soda. The benefit is that I am popular to bring to parties, after all, I keep my friends out of fights and I am a designated driver.

Fake_Plastic_Trees

i like to go out on weekends and have a laugh with my freinds, chat, drink some drinks then go dancing' :)

I have a drink once in a long while. I had a vodka collins on my birthday last month; before that, I had a glass of beer while on vacation in June. Before that, a glass of champagne at New Years. Next will likely be a glass of white wine during Christmas Dinner.

I enjoy alcohol reasonably regularly, usually just 1-3 though. Birthdays.. birthdays I tend not to remember as well as most days.

Oh, and I have an apparently uncommon ability to stay up even when completely hammered and drink water for hours (thus pre-empting most of the hangover). Usually while watching an absolutely abysmal movie or other and finding it the best thing ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone in my family is addicted to something (drinking, smoking, drugs, etc...) so I do not allow myself these things as I assume I would have the same addictive personality as my family.

• 3 weeks later...

I drink when I get severely depressed and there is no other measure of fixing myself at that time. (This usually occurs late at night, when no one is around to talk to or anything). But, I've been trying to stop that, and haven't done it since April...

I think my family has some kind of tendency towards alcoholism, because even though I've never had more than two or three drinks at a time (shots of various things) I've felt a distinct craving for that afterwards, up to a week past the original consumption. Kinda sucks. But as it is, I like vodka and gin. Not so much the pre-made vodkafied drinks like hard lemonade. I'll make it myself.

I used to drink when I was in school. Eventually I got bored/sick of it and now I don't anymore. The same is happening with ciggarettes :(

Archived