1. 1.

• Sure, it's good
    • Occasionally, but not very often
    • Ew it's gross!
    • I just never bothered to try.
    • I used to, but not anymore.

This poll is closed to new votes

In_Omnia_Paratus

i've tried a few but I can't actually drink. because I'm diabetic and its extremely difficult to regulate my blood sugars with alcohol in my system.

SpirallingSnowy

The last 4 weekends ive drunk alcohol. Ive had friends parties and family over.

I cant remember what i voted originally, but im sure it would of been "Sure its good" most likely. I dont drink too often but when i do its usually excessive. It depends on money mainly and how much the drinks cost. I either drink a small amount or tonnes, and it depends on the company... My friends are drunkards lol..........

I come from a family on both sides that a HUGE wine nuts. When i turned 18 i was buying myself premixes and vodka and stuff.... I cant count the amount of drunken nights i dont remember, did stupid shit etc.

Sat night i was making cocktails with my 16 yr old cousin ( whom has been in Bali for 2 weeks and drank with her parents), with 2 aunties, 1 uncle, grandma, mum, dad, a few other cousins etc.

Mums 50th, mum and dad provided to the guests 6 bottles of red, 6 whites, 6 sparkling, 6 low alcoholic bottles of wine. Dad bought 2 cases of Crown Lager.

I wouldnt call my family alcoholics because it doesnt interfere with their lives, and they dont need it. But they like it. Alot.

And ive grown up in a house where alcohol always is, its used in cooking, parents have a bottle regularly, go to wineries to pick up nice ones and yeah. Dads side is particularly indulgent, bordering on trashy for a large chunk of us, where as mums side enjoy the taste and are more wine conniserrs

Hurricane Camille

Occasional drinker, but recently I have laid off the alcohol. I have lost 100 pounds and my alcohol resistance is all screwy from the size difference. I have also had some heavy drinking experiences, where I drank half a bottle of Captain Morgan (and it was one of those bargain-sized big bottles) and ended up on the floor, so I don't do it often.

Shrine Maiden

I don't like the aftertaste of alcohol and try to avoid it whenever possible. This year I've drunk about 3 glasses total of some alcoholic substance or other. I would be happy not to have drunk anything at all but that's the way it goes with social occasions. :rolleyes:

I've never gotten drunk, only a bit lightheaded since I can't take it well but I don't think it's either fun or entertaining. I like my inhibitions just fine so I don't see any point of removing them. At one point I was at a birthday party and the waiters kept bringing tequila shots. I tossed all of mine in an unused glass so I wouldn't have to drink it. :lol:

Throne Eins

Never. Watching how drunks act deterred me from day one. I'm also severely emetophobic, so that's been a repellent as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember if I already posted in this thread yet, but if I did it was a while ago...

Currently, I drink not as much or as often as used to (which wasn't really horribly often to begin with), but lately I rarely even finish my first drink. Sometimes I feel fine when I drink and other times it makes my muscles (back/neck/shoulder mostly) hurt fiercly (not for long, maybe .5-1 hour tops) and it's kind of a crapshoot when that will and won't happen, though it seems more likely to happen with liquor/fruity bottled drinks/mixed drinks than with wine or beer. Since I really only care for beer from a tap and wine worth drinking doesn't come in single-serve bottles, I really only drink in a party setting or at a restaurant. neither which I go to often.

I don't drink because I just can't stand the taste or smell. If it didn't taste/smell so bad, I'd probably drink it once in a while, on special occasions.

Elven valkyrie

Never touch alcohol. I don't espeically like it and I'm a depressive drunk.

the Lady Ashuko

I'm also a straight edge. I have always hated the taste (and the smell I guess). I see alcohol the same as I do sex--"why? What is the point exactly?"

I'm also a straight edge. I have always hated the taste (and the smell I guess). I see alcohol the same as I do sex--"why? What is the point exactly?"

My thoughts exactly.

I also find the way people act while intoxicated totally despicable at times. Why would I want to act like that??

I used to hate alcohol. Then I tried it once and, I don't know, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I still hate the taste but I've found a few things I can tolerate, and I still dislike drunk people if I'm sober, but I drink now socially.

Yes, I do but only on occasion. I can do without it though. But, for sure I'll be drinking my fair share of beer next month for Oktoberfest while I'm in Germany!

My thoughts exactly.

I also find the way people act while intoxicated totally despicable at times. Why would I want to act like that??

I know they act all weird. I have had some chats with a friend who was intoxicated at the time, and found her to be oddly spacey. I don't understand a persons need or want to drink alcohol, it tastes and smells horrid. I don't see the point in alcohol either. You're only asking for trouble when you drink it, same goes with other drugs. When you take said drug, you are only asking for trouble.

Oh yeah I forgot to say that I don't drink, but my previous post clearly states that I dislike alcohol. However to get back to what I said earlier, when one drinks, the trouble they are asking for is; impaired judgement, lack of control at time of drinking, and some serious short, and long term consequences.

Oh yeah I forgot to say that I don't drink, but my previous post clearly states that I dislike alcohol. However to get back to what I said earlier, when one drinks, the trouble they are asking for is; impaired judgement, lack of control at time of drinking, and some serious short, and long term consequences.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm still trying to get the hang of posting and all. :blush:

One only asks for trouble when drinking if they drink too much... and there really aren't any significantly negative short or long term consequences from drinking in moderation. Unless, of course, you've got a medical issue that even a small bit of alcohol would compromise. You've got sides saying drinking in moderation promotes certain aspects of health and another side that says the opposite, so I guess you've got to take what you can from it.

Wings of a Dream

I really don't like the taste of alchohol so, therefore, I've never had enough to get drunk. I don't particularly want to try and get drunk either. I prefer orange juice of pineapple juice, they're yummy

One only asks for trouble when drinking if they drink too much... and there really aren't any significantly negative short or long term consequences from drinking in moderation. Unless, of course, you've got a medical issue that even a small bit of alcohol would compromise. You've got sides saying drinking in moderation promotes certain aspects of health and another side that says the opposite, so I guess you've got to take what you can from it.

I guess so, but since I'm prone to getting addicted to alcohol, (I have a parent who's an alcoholic) I avoid alcohol like it's the plague. I did have a tastie of a few different kinds, one sip here and there, and found them all to be quite disgusting.

I didn't know alcoholism runs in my family until recently... so apparently I've beaten the odds :huh:

Rarely and only if I cannot taste/smell the alcohol.

I'm always the DD... keeping my friends from going home with random guys...

potentialsurvivor

I do not drink often by any stretch, but I do not mind alcohol (aside from beer, which is gross). Not being a partier anymore (there's a time and a place for everything - except sex - and it's called college), I've adopted the controversial and unpopular philosophy that drinking is not a social activity, but an antisocial one, and that is how I engage in it at this stage in the game (generally there is 3-6 months between my rare drinking escapades, so I think any concept of alcoholism is out of the question). Since I refuse to subject others to myself while intoxicated, I just enjoy my mind-altered alone time with no complaints, aside from some past complaints of my loud and obnoxious singing).

I generally consider the whole drinking thing pretty useless otherwise, people are much more appealing to talk to in public when they're sobre.

• 7 months later...

Booze is fine in moderation. I like to go to the pub with friends and have a couple of pints maybe once or twice a week. As long as you're under the safe weekly limit and don't drink drive it's fine.

Some people drink a lot more. I avoid people who binge drink because it's no fun putting your significant other in the recovery position so she doesn't choke on her own vomit in her sleep. -Believe me I used to do that for somebody -sometimes on a weekly basis... I don't binge drink 'cos I don't like hugging toilets.

Archived