Google search

Adnama

For some reason I'm sure I'm not the first one to mention, or to notice, this, but I feel compelled to post it any way.

Did we already know, that a Google search for asexual turns up aven as the very first result?

It cirtainly wasn't that way the first time I searched for asexual a few months ago!

Yey aven!

*edit*

*a few minuets after posting finds her self going to google, typeing in asexual, and pressing "i'm feeling lucky" just for the amusement of going right to aven. Then goes to the regular search page and just grins at the #1 listing, is suuuch a dork*

That's a good point, Adnama.

I only discovered this website a few weeks ago and I don't think Google would have turned up AVEN as the first website in the search then. I may well of course be wrong.

This goes a long way to establishing this forum as the first port of call for people who feel the way we do and want to know why.

I know I definitely found it through Google,

but it was a LONG time before I worked up enough courage to come forward and join.

I will be forever grateful that Aven is so lurker-friendly.

At the time I found it, it was not at the top of the list but it WAS within the first couple of pages.

-Greybird

I did several google searches when I was first looking [google is god don't you know] and turned up nothing for the longest time, gave up several times after browsing though pages of biology lectures and what not.

I think when I finaly did find it.... oh yes I remember, I searched though the 'sexuality' form on another bord I frequent [teenhelp.org], just for kicks really, and actually ran across an asexual thread, which had this link in it.

We're at the top of ASEXUAL now? Hot damn. We've been at the top of "asexuality" for a good while, but it's nice to know we're expanding. Google rankings are REALLY important, since that's how most people find this site.

We've been at the top of "asexuality" for a good while,

ooo we are? *looks* ooo we are... sort of. Actually, the first thing is "did you mean sexuality?" lol.

*dances*

Did we already know, that a Google search for asexual turns up aven as the very first result?

same for when i found this site on yahoo.

Some guy on Dailyconfession.com (which I bitched at before) confessed to being 33 and having no interest in sex. I told him he might be asexual, and to google for AVEN. I hope it works out. *Crosses fingers*

Archived