question for the women

pretty much anytime a guy whom you dont know comes up to you and says something, you pretty much assume hes after sex, correct?

Not I! Though, of course it depends on what he says, if he comes up to me and says, "Hey baby, wanna have sex?" ahahaha then yeah I do! But generally I don't. :) I usually think, "YAY! This person wants to talk to ME! How awesome!" Then I get really disappointed to find out he just wants sex. :(

Depends on what he says for me too but usually I assume he 'likes the look of me', whether that be because he thinks we'll have a lot in common or because he thinks we'll have a lot of sex. *shrug*

'though admittedly my appearance does seem to attract men looking for a 'kinky' experience. :? Maybe I should assume it's sex he's after more often.

Nope. Innocent until proven guilty. If I can have an interesting, enjoyable conversation with him, I regard him as a potential friend.

Actually, now that I think about it, most of my close friends are guys anyway, so it doesn't strike me as very much out of the ordinary to begin with.

pretty much anytime a guy whom you dont know comes up to you and says something, you pretty much assume hes after sex, correct?

:shock: Usually, I am too surprised / half freaked out to assume anything.

I never thought anyone could be sexually attracted to me. (and I never wanted anyone to be). I only know of one guy who was attracted to me and for a while I though (or hoped) it was just a deep friendship/ little crush. I don't consider myself a person one could be attracted to, especially not a stranger who doesn't even know me, after all, it's my personality that one is supposed to like, not my body.

I don't feel ugly or unattractive, I just don't feel like I have a sexual vibe.

No, but I'm an Aspie. So my results might not be typical? I don't know.

Obviously, if a guy comes up and starts talking to you about anything other than the most perfunctory "do you have the time?"-type queries, it means he's interested in you in some way, but I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's not sex. It's far more likely that they are interested in getting to know you as a friend or a classmate, or that they have something specific to communicate that may or may not lead to anything more, or that they're simply bored and wanted to talk to someone.

Even sexuals have other social needs besides sex, ya know. :D

Not really--because 1) I don't think anyone would get that vibe from me and 2) I have a bit of a naive mind. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the notion that sex is on some other's minds much of the time, when it never really crosses my mind.

Everyone is innocent! No one is having sex! Okay...but only if they're married! Yeah! No? Aw :(

Heh, I was flicking through AVEN with my friend and his reaction to this thread was 'What if he's gay?'

Which is a point - I just sort of assume everyone is asexual until they prove otherwise. It's just habit I suppose - so I wouldn't assume he was after sex! :D

No.

*lol* at vanilla black tea ... but, yeah.

In most cases it would never occur to me that a guy might strike up a conversation with me in the hopes of getting sex. To be honest, the whole idea of that makes me laugh.

But, um ... if they were being grabby at the same time (and if I didn't know them well enough for them to be joking around) then I would definitely consider it.

And then I would probably STILL laugh, because man, oh man ... would they ever be barking up the wrong tree!

-GB

Not even close.

Depends on where we are, what he says, and how he says it.

It doesn't bother me either way, as long as he's not crude or pushy.

Well, depends on what he says...

IceCreamAssassin

It depends on the situation. But I'm generally a misanthrope so I tend to think: Jeez, this guy is creepy, I gotta get out of here.

Also fueled by the fact that women don't randomly talk to me nearly as much as random old men do. Guys my age I'm not as hesitant to talk to, unless its on the red line (Chicago) and the first thing they say to me is "Ever dated a black guy?" That was strange. >_<

I don't usually think "sex" but I do think they talk to me because they like the way I look. I tend to forget people think about sex as much as they do.

Agh, I ranted.

Nalle Neversure
Everyone is innocent! No one is having sex! Okay...but only if they're married! Yeah! No? Aw :(
Yeah, that. I have pink glasses on. :)

Nope, never. I can't read body language, so people pretty much want exactly what they say they want, until proven otherwise.

they're always after something i'm not going to provide them with. like my time, for instance. ahaha. i'm cruel.

well, given my track record, I'm lucky if they don't practiclaly come out and say "**** me". I attract the most perverted, over-sexed....

It was 2 guys, I don't assume all men are like that unless they make it clear they are. And I miss the obvious, so they gotta make it REALYL FREAKING OBVIOUS.

..wait, you asked women. dagg, not me. *coughs* yeah.

Hah. actually, no. And where does that get me? Leading them on. Because apparently they have assumed that I knew they wanted sex and by returning their attention I am actually indicating that I want it also. Apparently. Or some such thing. Whatever! I thought we were just talking!

Hah. actually, no. And where does that get me? Leading them on. Because apparently they have assumed that I knew they wanted sex and by returning their attention I am actually indicating that I want it also. Apparently. Or some such thing. Whatever! I thought we were just talking!

Coffee is never just coffee, and talking is never just talking. There's a sexual code, I'm sure of it. Like how girls can see dirt that isn't there. O_O I cleaned it 5 times and the girl in charge of us cleaning the hall can still find dirt.

I don't because I have a pretty innocent look on that stuff and like to think that guys are scumbags. Obviously I have been disappointed many times. Plus, I'm pretty sure guys don't dig me like that. I'm sort of one of the guys and I can sometimes give off the "I will castrate you if you try anything" vibe.

awesome :D

i like these responses

I feel like

im always being persecuted as being another horny guy, when im a friendly asexual