Poll for boys! (Keep away girls, you really won't like it)

Doc

Hey boys, when you were born were you....  

1. 1.

• Left uncut, uncensored
    • Had a scalpel taken to the end of the old chap

This poll is closed to new votes

Glitter Spock
Actually, I think female circumcision is popular in several cultures as a religious event. I believe some areas of Africa use it as a coming of age custom that has spiritual relevance. Anyone who is more knowledgable in that area than I may feel free to add, or correct.

Female circumcision involves the removal of the clitoris and a lot of the labia. It leaves much scarring; menstruation and sexual intercourse are usually extremely painful. With the clitoris gone (an organ specifically for pleasure, having twice as many nerves as a penis), it can't be very pleasurable for those women either. FGM doesn't have any real purpose other than to cause girls pain.

I read a book about a society that practiced this (the vagina would be sewn up until first sex and then resewn; the girl would be awake for the entire procedure), along with a 'ritual' fattening of girls at marriageable age until they were unable to move (unable to run away from their arranged husbands). It was called The Fattening Hut.

Archived