Are you in your 40's?

PearsRblue

Pardon the intrusion but, Hi and welcome!...from one of the dreaded "younger" ones! :)

I'm 19 turning 20. But sometimes I feel like I'm in my 40s, does that count? :D It's just that I sometimes feel I can't relate to people my age as well as I'd like to since I'm not into a lot of the crazy stuff some young people these days seem to get into - experimentation, partying where the goal is hooking up with random people :blink: , and getting wasted and such. I probably come across to them as a goody two shoes :P They come across to me as insane though, so I guess it's pretty even.

And for those of you who said you felt uncomfortable talking about stuff in front of us younger AVENites...I wouldn't worry too much. Trust me, you'd be surprised at how knowledgable some teenagers are these days. :unsure: We've probably heard it all before from some of our more worldly peers - I know I've encountered such people and had to listen to their conversations.

Pardon the intrusion but, Hi and welcome!...from one of the dreaded "younger" ones! :)

Howdy, Jazmin. :)

I'm 19 turning 20. But sometimes I feel like I'm in my 40s, does that count?

You're as young/old as you feel. ;)

Trust me, you'd be surprised at how knowledgable some teenagers are these days.

:o

*hides under bed* :ph34r:

I'm 19 turning 20. But sometimes I feel like I'm in my 40s, does that count?

You're as young/old as you feel. ;)

Trust me, you'd be surprised at how knowledgable some teenagers are these days.

:o

*hides under bed* :ph34r:

Oh Kelly Kelly ... don't be such a wuss ...

You've got to learn about Bach at some stage ...

and then there's Vivaldi ... :twisted:

Hi!I'm in my 40's and am looking for support.My husband of 10 years is asexual.It would be nice to meet some people who are married like myself.

Thanks

Are you sexual and he is not? I am 48, married to a sexual for 23 yrs. Is there a married thread?

how is that possible? do you feel like "you have to do it,' because he wants it? or does he go elsewhere to fill his sexual needs? i could never be married for that long with all the fighting about why we never have sex.

Tami, sorry to hear of your experiences. I hope AVEN gives you the support you're after - there are many understanding people here who know exactly what you mean (even this 40-something sexual male :rolleyes: ).

your sexual? why are you here? i just dont get it., but thanks for the thought. i have had a bit of fun here, in the chat room and chasing after my posts, lol, i would wonder if my past made me this way, i really dont know. i am not a man hater, totally not, i love beautiful people, all of them, its the icky ones that make me sick.

AFlyingPiglet

Nope, I'm not in my 40's yet. I'm 36 (will turn 40 in 2012!)

I'm just getting to know the Forum having only recently joined. I've known I'm Asexual since the year dot really, but without knowing the term existed regarding humans (if that makes sense!). I had one relationship for about a year when I was 20 (to try and be 'normal') and that is it! I am single and see it staying that way - unless something drastic happens!

Its good to talk to other Asexuals, whatever age, but I feel more a person in my 30's/40's rather than someone in my 20's/30's, so hope that I can chip in here too!

Tami, sorry to hear of your experiences. I hope AVEN gives you the support you're after - there are many understanding people here who know exactly what you mean (even this 40-something sexual male :rolleyes: ).

your sexual? why are you here? i just dont get it., but thanks for the thought. i have had a bit of fun here, in the chat room and chasing after my posts, lol, i would wonder if my past made me this way, i really dont know. i am not a man hater, totally not, i love beautiful people, all of them, its the icky ones that make me sick.

I'm here because my wife is asexual, and AVEN is full of useful perspectives for me (and really cool people :))

thats totally cool that you dont nag her for sex and just love her for her. i want one of you.

I'm here because my wife is asexual, and AVEN is full of useful perspectives for me (and really cool people :))

thats totally cool that you dont nag her for sex and just love her for her. i want one of you.

Well I wouldn't say that I never nag :rolleyes:

But we each understand where the other is coming from, and if my suggestions lead to nothing, at least I know better than to sulk :)

oh so sometimes you have sex, your not totally making drain babies... im just still trying to figure this all out, its not like i havent had sex, its just not my favorite thing.

But we each understand where the other is coming from, and if my suggestions lead to nothing, at least I know better than to sulk :)

oh so sometimes you have sex, your not totally making drain babies... im just still trying to figure this all out, its not like i havent had sex, its just not my favorite thing.

Yeah we do, but not a lot, and part of our deal is that even of she said no for the rest of her life, I'd still be with her, because sex is not the reason we're together, no matter how attractive I find her. She thinks that's pretty cool - cool enough to say yes every now and again as she sees no real reason her orientation should totally trump mine, and we find fun in it, perhaps not the way everyone else does, but in a way that works for us.

well i'm 30 but i'm replyin anyway, juz cuz i feel like it.

i think i do know how u feel to an extent. who wouldn't?

i have met a handful of teenlike persons on myspace and in person that told me they are asexual

only to find out it is a "phase" for some

when i turned 30 is when i realized i have always been asexual and probably always will be.

at the same time, age is just a number.

people hav told me in the past that i must hav an old/wise soul. whatever that means.

imo, all souls are roughly the same age. our bodies may be different ages in this life but how much does that really matter?

indeed there is a section "OLDER ASEXUALS" at this community, i don't know what the cutoffs r, does anybody?

not that it matters. or should.

perhaps alot to our present socioeconomical status and health, maybe experiences, but beyond that, very little.

anyway happy XX birth day, year, century to everyone it matters to lol.

Now I'm really worried. I'm 68 and that cat looks like Harry Potter to me. I must have come to the end of age and I'm coming back the other way. Soon I'll be 5 again. :blink:

I'm 49 and haven't posted here in a while. What I'm wondering at age 49 is "how on earth did THAT happen?" :blink:

Welcome back, catlady. :)

Starcat and I are getting ready to celebrate the 5-0 (we may or may not invite Barbie, who is also our age). Care to join us for the cyber b-d party?

50th_birthday_cake_planning_sm.jpg

Yay! A party! can I come? Will there be lots of :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: ?

(Sally, the cat looks like Harry Potter to me, as well) I think the banner (not the EYE, the one on the cat pic) should read, 'if you're over 40 in your HEAD...etc')

I'm curious about something and I'm not sure where I should ask this question, but this seems like a good thread for it because it pertains to those who are close to my age (I'm 44). I'm wondering if there are many asexuals (besides me) who have been sexual at times in the past and/or changed orientation over the years. (I'm not referring to a forced change, but a steady "evolving".) The reason I want to ask this question of people close to my age is that I didn't notice these changes in myself until I was well into my 30's. If someone had asked me the same question at 25, or even 35, I would have answered it differently than I would now.

Same here, but when i was sexual, it was not natural, before the act it was just curiousity of trying something very new and it was just not as sexuals experienced...I dont think i coped with a partner turning from a cuddling, loving, caring human been into a ruddy animal!!! It all seemed so cold!!

Though my last BF was quite different:)

No, I'm in my 50's :D

I think I was always asexual, but didn't know there was such a thing until recently. I tried being sexual, but it just didn't work. Now I realize you can be romantically in love with someone without wanting sex to be part of it.

eeek! did I miss the party???? :blink:

I think I slept through mine...

is there a forgetful 50 thread somewhere??

Starcat, maybe we need to start a "Are you in your fifties?" thread! :lol:

Allen-at-home

Hi, I am so glad to meet other 40-somethings. Someone mentioned the Bay City Rollers earlier, but I was more into the Carpenters and Queen. I also like the 2nd Chapter of Acts, Keith Green, and David Meece. I even admit to liking the Captain & Tennille (been to 2 concerts) and the Partridge Family. Music is very important to me, older music, and I would love to meet others who also like the artists I just mentioned.

Greetings all,

I'm 48 and joined AVEN a few days ago. What black hole swallowed up my teens, 20s and 30s and how can reclaim lost years (without being my own worst enemy)? I hope I do more than survive the decades to come.

I live in a rural part of New England, U.S.A. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to meet others in the non-virtual world? I found a regional meet-up thread, but it seems to have met its demise more than a year ago. Prolonged petrification has resulted in the petrification of my soul.

Hi, I am so glad to meet other 40-somethings. Someone mentioned the Bay City Rollers earlier, but I was more into the Carpenters and Queen. I also like the 2nd Chapter of Acts, Keith Green, and David Meece. I even admit to liking the Captain & Tennille (been to 2 concerts) and the Partridge Family. Music is very important to me, older music, and I would love to meet others who also like the artists I just mentioned.

I love old pop/rock music, especially the Carpenters. The Partridge Family was good, but I still can't stand the Captain & Tennille. I have a wide variety of stuff on my MP3 player, including the Carpenters; the soundtrack to Good Morning, Vietnam; a lot of 60's and 70's stuff; and a lot of country music, old and new.

I live in a rural part of New England, U.S.A. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to meet others in the non-virtual world? I found a regional meet-up thread, but it seems to have met its demise more than a year ago.

Somewhere in the meetup mart is a thread I started about visiting NY, NJ, and Massachusetts this May. I would like to meet with any AVENite who is interested (so far, it's thylacine, Kelly Kelly, and zoidberger). I don't know what state you're in, but we will have a rental car part of the time.

I do have one Captain and Tenille song on my mp3 player - it's "Do it to me one more time" (maybe an odd song for an asexual, but I just like the sound of it :lol: I also have "Afternoon Delight" and probably other songs with sexual connotations.) :-)

Allen-at-home
I do have one Captain and Tenille song on my mp3 player - it's "Do it to me one more time" (maybe an odd song for an asexual, but I just like the sound of it :lol: I also have "Afternoon Delight" and probably other songs with sexual connotations.) :-)

Ha! So you think, "Do That To Me One More Time" is odd for an Asexual, how about, "The Way I Want to Touch You", which includes the lyric, "I never wanted to touch a man"... :blink:

I love 60's and 70's music, and still have most of the albums that I bought then.

Perhaps I was a little oblivious to sexual connotations in some of the lyrics, but the music is still good. 8)

*looks forward to 2tabbehmum's visit*

46 here. Having said that, I feel more comfortable around younger people. I think it's because people my age IRL tend to be wrapped in marriages, mortages, and kids. Marriage has no appeal to me, I've never been in a position to afford a home, and kids...no thanks. ;)

I think one of the reasons why I get along so well with younger adults and teens is that their lives are so much more open-ended, and in a way, I envy them. I'm hoping to meet people closer to my age on this board, though, since I think people in our age bracket have a different take on asexuality than a younger person does.

• 1 month later...

I'm 37. Not quite there yet, however, I do also believe in writing in complete sentences, and I do like a variety of 70's music (although it's the rockier stuff like Bad Company, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, to name a few, that I fancy.)

Perhaps I was a little oblivious to sexual connotations in some of the lyrics, but the music is still good.

Ditto to that Kelly. The music is great even though I don't care for some of the lyrical content.

I'll post here because I feel that it's easier for me to relate to the more mature group as opposed to the twentysomething crowd.

Physically I feel younger. I still maintain an active lifestyle. I love to rollerblade, play racquetball, go to the gym 5 nights a week for roughly 2 1/2 hours a night, just to keep the proverbial wolf from knocking on the door. It also helps me maintain a relative amount of sanity in an otherwise insane world. I can relate to a few posters in here that age is just a number. :)

I still have desires for physical closeness, cuddles, kisses and all that jazz but absolutely NO DESIRE for actual intercourse.

Ditto to that Petra.

I'm looking for a hetero-romantic asexual relationship with a woman that is around my age. Give me the kissing and the physical contact and all but leave out the intercourse part. Never have and probably never will express any interest in going there. Right now I'm exchanging messages through AVEN with a woman a couple of years older than me who is strikingly similar to me in her overall nature and outlook. So there may be some hope! :D

I'll probably write a little more on this message later. It's late and I need my rest! Have to go to work tomorrow! Can't really complain. At least I have a place to go where I still earn an income during these tough economic times. Catch you guys later. Thanks for being around!

-HF

Archived