Weird year

OzWulfer

I don't have anything but the usual thoughts on what happened to the woman.

But on the drunken idiot, well, I grew up with an alcohol abusing step father. He never hit me, but he was just a giant ass when drunk, and that was often. He quit for my sake, and my mothers. Great man in my opinion. What im dancing around is, you can't give the words of a drunkin ass to much merit, or power.

Ahh, well I want to live in Perth, but i dont have money to move, or any job skills to offer my adoptive country. Yes i still live in America, but I love Australia so much. *sigh*

Luv ya

Cheers!

Things may not have turned out as you imagined it, but life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans (so said John Lennon). You've certainly experienced a lot and made new friends (I went skiing in Austria when I was in my teens - loved the country). So enjoy what you did rather than regret what you did not.

I very much hope you've managed to make things up with your mother - it sounds as though you had a good relationship pity that jerk spoiled it. I wish you the very best of luck with your new job. Keep writing.

Tan

Thanks Ryan

I would have hated if I couldn't leave...I thankfully had that freedom due to age and wealth. Someone quitting for the love of you and your mother's sake, would be a much harder step then you or I could ever comprehend. Glad it worked out for you...for me, I don't want an apology...and I hate how he just pretends it never happened, like everything is funky dory. I wonder if he knows how much colder I am to him. I imagine its something he isn't proud of, and would have prefered it never happened. I'm glad it worked out for you.

And why do you want to live in Perth?...not the most international place to be in! It's an overated, overpriced city at the moment thanks to the mineral boom. You can do better in Austraila :)

Wow... a lot sure has happened since we last met.

If you're in London anytime up to June (or the US in mid-late June), give me a shout and we can catch up.

*hugs*

-Parthenos

Thanks Tan, and totally agree with life happens to you when making other plans (John Lennon)...however John's laugh after when he says 'here today, gone tomorrow' always freaks me out in pink floyd.

Glad you had explored that beautiful country...I still think of its stunning alpine mountains. We don't have too many of those in Australia.

I feel more hurt because mom's hurt...if her husband was some random dude on the street, it be water on a duck's back. And dammit, I'm mid-30's...this bullshit shouldn't be happening...I've done my time and served in some harsh places. After ten years of friendship, his concern is why I haven't screwed so many women. I'm not wasting my time explaining asexuality to a dipshit like him. What's that old saying about so many arseholes, but not enough bullets.

Hihi Parth *hugs* great to see you again.

You're going to be in all those places next year!

I mostly won't be...sadly, yet happily at the same time.

I hope your international travels makes you the much wiser...please post them here. I would love to read them :)

:)

I went on a bus tour of Europe too. But mine was Contiki :cry:

Oh the humanity. I enjoyed the parts that didn't involve... the other people in the tour...

Then I went to Ireland, Liverpool, spent 2 months working in a pub in the country with almost no contact to the outside world, then finally escaped to London a month ago where I've been earning minimum wage in a bagel shop. But it's getting better. I've enjoyed myself despite the bad stuff that's happened (which includes leaving a brand new digital camera on the plane... of the FIRST flight I went on from Sydney to Hong Kong... god I'm a dolt).

It's pretty crazy. Running quite low on sawvings though. I think any further travelling may need to rely on credit card. :?

Archived