sexy asexuals?

Aaronbz

So, among us asexuals of a certaine age, do we have to make asexuality sexy in order to get people's attention? Isn't that a bit self-cancelling? But we are so invisible and the so-called sexual revolution has drowned almost everything else out of existence. I was in a relationship when I was nineteen and after getting sick and tired of being made to feel neurotic and less than adequate for not being interested in sex I bailed and lived with a sense of silent asexuality for nearly thirty years until I learned that there is such a thing as asexuality, that there is nothing wrong with being asexual, and much to celebrate about it. Including the sense of not needing another person to fulfill my life or validate my existence.

You feel the same way I do. I am sick of people telling me I "need someone" to "take care of me." I pay my own bills, I work for a living, I'm a very self sufficient person... why do I need someone to "take care of me???"

I keep getting told it will all change when I meet the right person :shock: :shock: :shock: . I'm 58 (soon to be 59) for goodness sake!!!! Although I did try going out with a 65 year old, thinking he'd be safe enough...but no!!!

Nope, 65-year-olds and older guys in general are not "safe" if they're Sexuals. In fact, they may be worse, because they're desperate to get a little action before everything closes down, and many Sexual women that age aren't interested anymore or don't swoon at the looks of those old geezers. So if you're nice to them, they get grabby pretty soon. (Yes, that's a generalization but I've had experience, so don't complain too loud, guys.)

So, among us asexuals of a certaine age, do we have to make asexuality sexy in order to get people's attention? Isn't that a bit self-cancelling? But we are so invisible and the so-called sexual revolution has drowned almost everything else out of existence. I was in a relationship when I was nineteen and after getting sick and tired of being made to feel neurotic and less than adequate for not being interested in sex I bailed and lived with a sense of silent asexuality for nearly thirty years until I learned that there is such a thing as asexuality, that there is nothing wrong with being asexual, and much to celebrate about it. Including the sense of not needing another person to fulfill my life or validate my existence.

I don't really understand. Making asexuality sexy? Huh?

I don't want to make anything sexy.

Happy latkes, Cijay!

I think "sexy asexual" is meant in the context of everything now being "sexy" or "hot". Doesn't mean literally sexy; just reflects the pervasive miasma of sex in our culture where anything good is called "sexy".

Happy latkes, Cijay!

Mazel Tov!

I think "sexy asexual" is meant in the context of everything now being "sexy" or "hot". Doesn't mean literally sexy; just reflects the pervasive miasma of sex in our culture where anything good is called "sexy".

Still don't get it but as long as I don't have to be seen as sexy I'm okay.

• 1 month later...
alwaysdreaming

I really detest the whole "you're life will be complete once you find 'the one' phenomenon" people seem to preach about all the time. I can understand the benefits of having someone else in your life at an older age when maybe one has developed physical limitations, but I plan on staying healthy/fit, and hopeful that one day I'll find a life-partner who is asexual like moi. But meh... if worse comes to worse I'll put myelf in a lovely home to be taken care of in the far far distant future lol.

• 2 weeks later...
PetraNotMyRealName

Oy, this thread could go off in so many directions but quite honestly I think religion has a lot to do with the fact that number one, asexuality is in existence and is not talked about and two, that it's not "sexy" or "moral" or "normal" to BE asexual. Most every religion tells it's followers to be fruitful and multiply and in order to do that (at that time) you DID have to actually have sex. To not do so, in some religions is a sin and in others, just this side of a sin.

Thought evolution also has a major role in it. Think about it...we are just getting used to the idea of same sex couples, not to mention same sex marriage and same sex work benefits. GOD FORBID we threw A-sexuals into the soup as well! LOL. Society can only handle so much upset in their ideas about what "normal" should be so YA, I think if asexuals want to be known right now...we'd have to make ourselves "SEXY" or "IN" or "VOGUE" or whatever you wanna call it. Maybe we should join in all the pride parades but instead of being butt naked, we just wear a red "A" on our lapel...if nothing else it would get people talking "hey! what's with those peeps with the red A's on their lapels?????"

• 1 month later...

How about movies? Are there any good asexual movies out there? Can't say I've seen any. Can't say I've seen extremely many movies however.

They made American Pie for the straight, Not another Gay movie is pretty much the homosexual equivalent, soooo... "The Asexual Movie" anyone? :D

Archived