i think my BF is Asexual

starlaw79

My boyfriend and i have been having sexual probems for years, he can have sex put it does not last and he just does not really want to. He does not get horny or have sexual thoughts, he does not mastibate and he hates to kiss me. He will when we are having sex, which he does oblige to for me but as i say it does not last and is quite clear that he doesn't want to. I usually end up feeling worse because i feel that he just doesn't fancy me.

I have been reading up on asexuality as a friend mentioned he might be and everything i have read explains him. Can asexual and sexuals have successful relationships?

I love him and we have a child together but i am really frustrated and miss feeling that tenderness that you get from a sexual relationship.

Yeah... sounds like he might be asexual...

Did this happen all of a sudden, or was he always like that?

I can't tell you if your relationship will be successful or not. That's gotta be up to you guys.

We have always had a difference in libido's and when we have sex it is always over very quick. He has never come to me for sex ever, it was ok in the very begining but that person is not the man i am with. It is better when he is drunk and a skunk but other than that we have always had sexual problems, we just never knew why but the more i read up on this and go back over our time together i can see he is asexual. At least now i know he is not being inconsiderate and selfish. We have lasted the last 4.5 yrs not knowing why he feels the way he does now we know why we can start to communicate and come to some compromises that suits us both. Thank you for your support.

Archived