asexual mention in an online book

tenshi

Live R Perfect

No, I've never come across that before. What IS that site? I didn't really understand what it was all about....

Anyhow, here is the text regarding asexuality:

—Why, Clark repeats. She drains the last of her vodka tonic, uses her tongue to secret a few melting slivers of ice into the pouch of her cheek. —I kind of went into this thing thinking that it would be an adventure, you know? This big self-discovery thing, where I finally become, you know—bi. For real bi instead of just pretend bi. And I wanted that. It fits with who I am; it fits with what I do; it makes sense. But I think I'm starting to realize that you don't always get to have a sexual orientation that makes sense. I'm thirty years old. I'm almost thirty-one. And maybe it's time for me to realize that I'm just not bisexual.

—Hm, Fletcher says. —So it's back to guys for you, eh?

—Eh, Clark says. —Sex with guys has never been that great for me either.

—I hate to break it to you, friend, but there's really only two options here.

—I don't know, Clark says. —I don't think that's true.

—Wait, don't tell me, Fletcher says. —I'm seeing some sort of sex-with-aliens scenario here?

—Fuck you, Clark says. —I'm trying to be serious here.

—My apologies, Fletcher says. —Please proceed.

—I think I'm asexual, Clark says.

—Asexual? Fletcher says. —You reproduce by budding?

—Fletcher.

—Sorry, sorry.

—Well, actually, reproduction-wise, and you know this: I actually don't have much interest in kids. That maternal impulse that other people feel just never to took root in me. And I just don't feel a lot of desire, for men or women. And I never really have. I mean, I've always been all sex-positive, because that's what the culture demands, for everybody to be like oh, sex is the greatest, but for me it isn't, and it never has been, and maybe I'm just ready to say that. Sex just isn't that important for me.

—Huh, Fletcher says. —It is for me.

Her eyes flicker up to meet his. —Are you sure?

Sure I'm sure, he wants to say, but the words go dead in his throat. He thinks. It's been over two years since he last had sex with someone. And he hasn't really pursued any of the leads he's had during those two years. Sometimes he feels like he misses sex, but other times he doesn't seem to. When he notices that he hasn't been missing sex he gets concerned: he sometimes feels like he'd better start missing it more, in order to confirm that there's nothing really wrong with him.

He thinks here about what gives him the most satisfaction and he is somewhat surprised to find that his first answer is my work.

—Sure I'm sure, he says.

:D

Cate Perfect

That rings extremely vague bells.

Nice to see it again, though.

Cate

Live R Perfect

LMAO! Vague bells?!! :lol:

A vague bell: "Erm... ding, or something, maybe. Or dong?... I'm not sure..."

Cate Perfect

*slaps desk*

LMAO!!

Bells: Maybe...no...I take it back. *gnid*

Cate

VivreEstEsperer

Asexuality in a book, that's awesome!! :) Yay the author! Thanks for sharing!

Kate

Archived