AVEN online store open for business

bard of aven

Cate Perfect

Yes, we ordered on the 21st and the tracking thingy says mine is due on the 29th. I *suppose* that's 1-5 business days.

Cate

bard of aven

Yeah, it depends on how far. UPS will do anything anywhere surface in US 48 in 5 business days.

Except the last timie they went on strike. I had something inbound from Seattle. Bad timing.

boa

I posted this on the newer shop thread, but I'll post it here too. For consistency. Or something.

----

My shirt came today, right on the day UPS predicted it would.

I order a Small baseball shirt. If you wanna see the final results, check it out here:

http://public.fotki.com/Jayann2002/photos_of_me/vogue.html

(with shirt tucked in and sleeves cuffed back once over)

and here:

http://public.fotki.com/Jayann2002/photos_...full_shirt.html

(blurry and slanted, but a more accurate illustration of how a Small fits on somebody my size)

I do like it, indeed. :) Suppose I forgot to say so, in my rush to report back. *lil salute*

It might be nice in Raglan, the female version of the baseball shirt. Might also fit better on smallish folk like me. But yes, I do like it. Can't wait to show the sweetie.

Cate Perfect

I also received my order on Monday, which is exactly when they projected it would arrive. A camisole and a Hamlet mug. I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll take a picture.

mmmmmm AsexualTea. :D

EDIT: I'm home now. Here's the picture:

http://public.fotki.com/CateP/me/camisole.html

Cate

I would like to request that some shirts come with the logo, "I'm asexual, and so is my girlfriend."

Natch, there could be a boyfriend version of the shirt, too. And maybe a more generic "lover."

Live R Perfect

Looking good Cate! :)

Now you've got your a-gear you can think about taking some photos for the calendar! :wink:

I just bought myself a bumbersticker and a thong (not that anybody's gonna see it but it's just so funny, I had to have it)

Can't wait to get them :twisted:

I was wondering if we couldn't maybe create a shirt for asex allies? The folks down at QUAD admired my Nobody Knows... shirts. One girl said she wanted to wear one for Halloween as go as an asexual. :) But I think it'd be nice to sell some ally-merch.

Any thoughts?

bard of aven

Well, we can do anything, but we can't do everything. At least not without paying a small a month fee. In the store as is, we can only offer one version of each item. But if we upgrade and pay a minor monthly fee, we can supposedly offer multiple versions. Let me look into it over the weekend. The monthly fee is completely inconsequential. I was wondering if there would be enough business to warrant the change, but as it's a nonprofit venture, that doesn't matter either.

Regarding your other suggestion, Julie, I am thinking about a gender-free version: I'm asexual, and so is my significant other. What do you think?

boa

Cate Perfect

I like the significant other idea, boa. :D

Cate

I shall have to order my own shirt...

I made one with a merker and a T and then soaked it in salt water b/c that helps the ink set so it won't run... the black AVEN symbol on the fron looks fine, but the purple one on the sleep sorta turned into a smudge. So I guess that only works with black ink.

Bleah.

And since I don't see one, how about a white (or purple) t-shirt with the Aven symbol on it, like the baseball jersey only a t-shirt?

I like the significant other idea, boa. :D

Me, too. :) *hugs significant other* Mmmm...particular friend...

VivreEstEsperer

Those pictures are awesome, Julie! Especially the one of the asexuality 101 workshop :) I printed it out on our color printer - it's been so long since I've printed anything on a color printer, lol - great picture of all of you in action!

Kate

bard of aven
And since I don't see one, how about a white (or purple) t-shirt with the Aven symbol on it, like the baseball jersey only a t-shirt?

http://www.cafeshops.com/asexualityshop.10259350

The main graphic of the baseball shirt shows the bcak, the t-shirt shows the front. If you click the main image, you will then be able to view both sides on the page that opens. The t-shirt has the symbol on the back.

boa

bard of aven

http://www.cafeshops.com/asexualityshop

In case you have not noticed, AVENguy put a link to the store up at the top between Links and Contact.

I just updated the inventory, adding a gray t-shirt with "I'm asexual and so is my significant other." on the front, and the standard AVEN def, symbol, and web address on the back.

I decided not to upgrade the store yet. When I do, we'll be able to have multiple versions of each product, so in theory, you could get any of the shirt designs on any of the shirts. Two reasons:

It looks like it may require customization I don't have time to do this weekend.

Thus far, only four people other than myself have ordered anything. I will probably upgrade soon anyway. Maybe people are just waiting until they can get the design they want on the product they prefer.....

boa

Archived