AVEN online store open for business

bard of aven

WOW!!!! Even a flying a-disc!! How practical, now that I'm in a Frisbee Ultimate team! Hooray!!

*throws 100 discs around like Xena*

Perhaps something with 'No sex please' (à la 'We're British')?

Or.. just a neat, bold-coloured design of an amoeba? With an 'A' somewhere?

Maybe it would be cool to some kind of identifier - a hat/necklace/clothing patch/something else - that would help us to identify each other (not as a cult or a secret club, just for fun and meetuping)?

amoeba.jpg

^^ I think that would look great on a mug.

Silly Green Monkey

I just wonder when AVEN jewelry will be available. I want a ring and a pin!

Yes! YES! Some member (Xena_trade_center) designed some rings, and there are surely jewelers who make custom items.. perhaps we could send them to users with more than x posts, those we know well (perhaps at a price, perhaps au gratis)? It's a great idea.. although I tend to like my rings silver and chunky :D

--david

Silly Green Monkey

We'd have to decide on materials and designs first, before picking a jeweler to make them.

Of course.. getting ahead of myself, as usual.. at least this time I didn't end with TAKE OVER THE WORLD..

(It's been known to happen.)

--david

Cate Perfect

Oooohhh, I like the 'No sex please' idea.

(I was just funnin' about the other ones.) :D

Cate

Just a little note, that boa would probably prefer that this thread stay on the topic of what is available or feasible for cafepress. Not to put words in your mouth there, boa. But we have discussed jewelry and such in other places.

bard of aven

No prob, thanks. Later in the week, I will look at all the boxer and thong ideas and do something with them. I certainly have no objection to people working on jewelry, but it does probably need its own thread.

boa

Worthless Poster

Underscore- I think I would have definite perception problems drinking from a mug with that *points* on the side....

bard of aven

Me. But that's it as of earlier this afternoon.

boa

T-shirt and 'Hamlet' mug for me! That'll be hours of fun at work...

bard of aven
WOW!!!! Even a flying a-disc!! How practical, now that I'm in a Frisbee Ultimate team! Hooray!!

*throws 100 discs around like Xena*

I would fly to Austria just to see that.

boa

VivreEstEsperer

Woah, I can't believe we have an asexual store now!! How did this come about? I hate being gone and missing stuff. Very very nifty!!!!

I want a bumper sticker that says something like... "I'm attracted to junk food like others are attracted to people." lol, it's so true, and so funny, at least to me.

How does this cafepress thing work? can we have anything? what percentage of the money do they get/charge?

I would LOVE an asexual pride necklace. It'd probably be the only thing I'd actually buy/wear. I'd love one with the AVEN symbol. I used to wear a gay pride necklace in my "gay" stage, at least until I got sick of it...I generally hate jewerly but I love the idea of pride wear!! I wonder if that would be possible to design custom necklaces.

Kate

bard of aven

Hi Kate.

AVENguy was looking for a volunteer to take over the next batch of t-shirts, and I suggested doing this instead. We are limited to the things in the cafepress inventory. I select the items for the store, add AVEN/related branding/printing, and it is all sold at cost. Only cafepress is making anything on this. See the very first post in the thread for a bit more info and a link to the store. AVailable products, how to order, shipping info and whatnot are available at the store site.

boa

Cate Perfect

Well, I'm ready for my stuff to be here. *stands outside* *taps foot*

I've received a shipping confirmation so it should be any day now.

'Come ON! I wanna be a visible asexual!'

Cate

Cate Perfect

Sorry for the double post, but for the boxers what about 'Even My Underwear is Asexual' ?

Cate

:D You're funny, Cate.

I know, I've been waiting ever so impatiently for my own delivery to arrive. I think I might have a while longer than you, though, since CT is farther from CA than NC. (Sorry for non-US people confused by the acronyms.)

bard of aven

C and J: Please post here when your stuff arrives and let us know what the relationship was between actual and threatened delivery dates. I only tested the two-day and overnight domestic shipping, both of which worked as promised.

boa

Sure thing. It's been four days since I placed the order, three since it was shipped out. The tracker has not been updated by UPS since it left California on the 22nd.

*waits*

bard of aven

Julie,

I notice that a lot on stuff I get UPS from the left coast. I think it is because it comes all the way cross country on the same truck, so it doesn't get scanned for four or five business days, till it arrive at some major UPS east coast center, so maybe Monday, then you get a series of reports, each one a little closer, the last one of which says Delivered!

boa

Archived