AVEN DIGEST - November 07, 2007

Hallucigenia

AVEN DIGEST for the slightly-more-than-a-week of October 31 - November 07, 2007

This Digest is a day late because I forgot to make one yesterday. Sorry.

Visibility

Xaida and Echidna are discussing with the project team which pamphlets to bring to the European Federation of Sexology conference in April. Your input is, as always, appreciated.

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=27055

Media

Radio Newcastle and Woman's Hour, both BBC radio shows, have been broadcasting about platonic partnerships (mentioning asexuals in Newcastle's case).

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=27161

There's also a poll in the Edmonton Sun showing that 1% of respondents would prefer to never have sex.

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=27154

Also

Our login bug is still pretty bad. If you are unable to log in, click the "always keep me logged in" box and try to log in again and it should work a little better.

People who had birthdays this week: cijay, junie99

Something i have been meaning to mention for awhile but can the title of the digest be the date with day and named month eg 7 November as to my British eyes this looks like a digest from July.

Something i have been meaning to mention for awhile but can the title of the digest be the date with day and named month eg 7 November as to my British eyes this looks like a digest from July.

Oh, I didn't realize. :oops:

I'll change this one right now, and the other ones a little later.

Just a small thing but only the BBC Newcastle programme mentioned asexuals (briefly).

As ever the Digest rocks!

Oooh, the birthdays thing is awesome, Hallu! Great job as always!! :cake: :cake:

Just a small thing but only the BBC Newcastle programme mentioned asexuals (briefly).

As ever the Digest rocks!

Thanks. Fixed!

Oooh, the birthdays thing is awesome, Hallu!

Thanks! It just occurred to me on a whim to put that in, so I'm glad to have feedback on it. I will put more birthdays in next week.

Oh, I didn't realize. :oops:

I'll change this one right now, and the other ones a little later.

Thank you :D

Yeah we Brits do it dd/mm/yy ;)

Oooh, the birthdays thing is awesome, Hallu!

Thanks! It just occurred to me on a whim to put that in, so I'm glad to have feedback on it. I will put more birthdays in next week.

Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch too!

People who had birthdays this week: junie99

cijay, November 7

cijay, November 7

Many (belated) happy returns! *adds*

For future reference (not just yours, but everyone's): To get your birthday posted in the AVEN Digest, just add it to the Birthday list (in Celebrations) or the Aven Birthdays article in the Wiki. I will be checking both each week.

(edit: I'll probably also be doing a quick once-over of the Celebrations forum for "yay it's my birthday" type threads. And, of course, you can do like cijay and contact me directly. But the official lists are more reliable.)

Archived