If I were Naeblis, I wouldn't hack my own thread title.

Naebliss

Looks like you guys have been busy. Let's get a few things cleared up. First of all, I apologize for yanking your chains a while back. Yes it was immature and silly but that's the way I can be. It wasn't my intention to hurt anyone and I doubt that I really did. It was just joking around on my part and if people really felt bad over it then I'm sorry. THe only reason I saw all this was because someone emailed an old account of mine which I just saw. Possibly to get an ip? Maybe. The admins have all my old ip's. I have nothing to hide.

The fact is, I have absolutely no hacking ability. None. I think it was quite the clever ruse by whoever did it to point the fingers my way, but if I was going to hack an account, why the hell would I incriminate myself that way? Regardless, I'm sorry your site got hacked. But it wasn't me, and your Admins will see that when they check logs or whatever it is they are doing.

Again, I apologize for all the past foolishness, but these problems have nothing to do with me.

Looks like you guys have been busy. Let's get a few things cleared up. First of all, I apologize for yanking your chains a while back. Yes it was immature and silly but that's the way I can be. It wasn't my intention to hurt anyone and I doubt that I really did. It was just joking around on my part and if people really felt bad over it then I'm sorry. THe only reason I saw all this was because someone emailed an old account of mine which I just saw. Possibly to get an ip? Maybe. The admins have all my old ip's. I have nothing to hide.

The fact is, I have absolutely no hacking ability. None. I think it was quite the clever ruse by whoever did it to point the fingers my way, but if I was going to hack an account, why the hell would I incriminate myself that way? Regardless, I'm sorry your site got hacked. But it wasn't me, and your Admins will see that when they check logs or whatever it is they are doing.

Again, I apologize for all the past foolishness, but these problems have nothing to do with me.

Ok, Naebliss. Funny how your name turns up in the membership list of

Cult of Linux.

I hope for your sake you truly didn't do anything. Otherwise you are a going

to prison.

Myname is taken from a best selling line of books. It is hardly unusual that someone besides me would be using it. Like I said, it's too bad that someone got into your site, but there is no concern on my part about going to prison. *shrug* I haven't even HAD the internet for over a month. I can completely understand why you all think it was me. I was a prick and the hacker pointed everything to me. Again, that seems a little bit simplistic does it not?

This is a note to the general public: I am aware of this situation, and I will make AVENguy aware also. Just so that I don't get flooded with IMs and private messages about this.

A flame war will not be tolerated. We all know the dangers of that by now, I think.

I'm not interested in a flame war. I would never have known any of this was happening if I had not been emailed. I know that none of you care or believe me, and I doubt if the circumstances were reversed I would either. BUt this was not me, and whatever investigations may be underway will show that. Sorry about your board. It was only fun, and I am sorry if anyone was genuinely hurt.

Silly Green Monkey

Why would someone other than you hack the site and leave your name everywhere?

Umm... for the exact response that the hacker got? Everyone think's it is me and not him perhaps? It's pretty rudimentary and not even that clever. MOre importantly, if I was the hacker, why the hell would I return here and start posting again? All this is pointless anyways, I did not do this, so there cannot be any proof that I did. I am not worried, I just wanted to let you know.

Silly Green Monkey

Why would anyone care who was blamed? Seems a lot of effort was put into making your name prominent.

More than is logical.

Why don't you ask the hacker? To me it seems completely logical. WHat better way to cover tracks, than to blame someone who everyone will automatically agree is guilty?

Regardless, this person is not me. If I am harassed in my real life with this nonsense, then I will contact lawyers and see what options I have.

SGm, please pay attention. Like I alrady explained, it is highly logical that the hacker would pick someone universally hated by this board. If he picked you, would anyone believe that you hacked the board? Of course not. By picking me, he has misdirected (at least the users) on who is responsible. If Avenguy actually get's pros to look into this, it will quickly become obvious that I had nothing to do with this. Get it?

Why not? Again, these are questions that I cannot know since I am not the one who did this. It would be monumentally stupid however, for me to have told Avenguy exactly what I did don't you think?

Myname is taken from a best selling line of books. It is hardly unusual that someone besides me would be using it. Like I said, it's too bad that someone got into your site, but there is no concern on my part about going to prison. *shrug* I haven't even HAD the internet for over a month. I can completely understand why you all think it was me. I was a prick and the hacker pointed everything to me. Again, that seems a little bit simplistic does it not?

Fair enough, Naebliss. Please provide the tiltles and authors of the books

you claim the name Naebliss comes from. Then I'll research it and get back to you.

Silly Green Monkey

But I've read the Wheel of Time through Winter's Heart, and I don't remember a Naeblis anywhere in them.

I clicked on the link provided by Naebliss i.e. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...609633?v=glance

A page came up describing a Robert Jordan book. There was also a search

box that enabled one to search the book's text. A search on the term

"Naebliss" returned no results.

Please explain this, Naebliss. I await your response.

SGM, you read 8 or so 800 page books and did not see ONE reference to one of the main characters.. that's not only surprising.. it's pretty impressive

Silly Green Monkey

So Nae'blis is a title for a role? of ultimate evil power?

Silly Green Monkey

Yes..... it was a little while ago so maybe I should borrow the series from my friend and read them again.

Don't bother. Winter's Heart was a colossal crap fest, and the book after that Crossroads of Twillight made me wish I had cataracts. 800 pages of Jordan describing someone sniffing and pulling at their braids.

Use only one S. THis name was a clever (if I say so) word play of my own.

Or look at this link. It's from one of the 7 billion theory sites about the wheel of time. In this page some internet bozo is discussing who would win in a fight between Rand and Naeblis (my money's on George Foreman)

http://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?fun...b2f836d0c2c8e3d

The Amazon.com link search produced no results on the word "Naeblis".

However, the URL you gave in the quote message above does contain

information about Naeblis and the word Naeblis.

Search engines can be quirky. It's possible that Naeblis was not in that book in particular. I assure you, he is a character in the series, and many many many people use that name. THe fact that it is on some list of computer geeks is hardly conclusive proof.

This is a note to the general public: I am aware of this situation, and I will make AVENguy aware also. Just so that I don't get flooded with IMs and private messages about this.

too late... i already sent you one... :oops:

Myname is taken from a best selling line of books.

Just to clear this up: Nae'blis. Old Tongue: The highest among the Dark One's followers, who shall rule only a step below him on the Day of Return.

from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, see Lord of Chaos, Prologue and The Path of Daggers, Chapter 12.

Archived