Upgraded.

Jayann

Hey there, folks. This is your friendly temporary Admin again. I've spoken to AVENguy and it seems our Asexual Exodus can perhaps come to a close now. The software on the site has been upgraded, and the security breech ought to have been patched.

There may the stray bug wandering its lonely way about the site, but there should be no more hacks. If there is any trouble or suspicious behavior, for whatever reason, let me know right away, be ready to leave the site again. I'll speak to AVENguy and the site will be fully shut down until it can be fully repaired.

Thank you, everyone, for pulling together in this. I apologize to the confused folks that happened along the site during the middle of this chaos. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and hopefully the individual responsible for the violation of our community will be swiftly brought to justice.

PS - Be aware that some posts may be lost if the site gets restored to its pre-hack state. If you posted something during these past days that you feel especially fond of and don't want to see magically disappear, save it onto your computer just in case.

Cate Perfect

*laughs at Tressa*

That's RIGHT! *Power fist*

Thaaaaaaank yooooouuuuu, Julie. :D

And DJ, working his magical a-powers from across an ocean.

Cate

Again, you computer folk are just brilliant getting things up and running again so quickly. Hopefully Peckerhead will be gone for good.

Idiot-free for 3 hours!

can't say that anymore now... the yutz is back & posting... :?

fluffy_hime

Well...as long as we don't feed him. We took away his hacking privileges so now he needs new amusement. If we don't give it to him, hopefully he'll get bored and disappear. Hackers are just like fairies. If you don't believe in them, they cease to exist. ^_^

Julie, I just wanted to congratulate the mods & AVENguy for fixing this situation. I also wanted to apologise if I sent too many private messages to you about the hacking problems at the time. I thought at the time that was what I was supposed to do. I didnt think of how you were probably getting flooded with private messages & e-mails already. What happened was I sent one and the message I got back from you sounded really angry with me. I knew it was most likely the hacker that wrote it. He must have intercepted the message that you tried to send to me. So I tried to send one to AVENguy to let him know that we cannot get through to the mods because of the hacker intercepting the messages. Yet the hacker intercepted the message I sent to AVENguy as well. :shock:

Oh, Juni. I'm sorry. I think I only got one pm from you. I sent one back, but it definitely was not angry. The hacker did intercept and alter it. And he must have deleted all the others. I apologize for that. I was not upset with any of you, so if at any point in pms to anyone I sounded belligerent, it was NOT me.

I apologize Juni. I wish I'd been able to stop that. I feel to blame since he used my username, even if I know I couldn't have done anything about it.

Julie, I never thought it was you sending those messages. I knew it was the hacker messing with your account. Please dont feel to blame, there wasnt anything you could do. The hacker is the one who should be apologizing to all of us for what he did. You & AVENguy & all of the mods did a great job getting everything here more secure. aww.gif

I just want to start keeping a running list of problems that need to be sorted out when AVENguy comes back...

-registration difficulties

-problems with "posts in past 24 hours" feature

-two noted locked out members

-malfunction in one thread with a poll (can't remember which, currently.)

I feel as though I'm missing some. So if you've noticed a problem, add it here.

Live R Perfect

I seem to have been logged out whilst browsing posts a couple of times, and not necessarily when I've been on for a long time... :? Not sure if this is my computer or the upgrades...

Considering how often you get kicked off AIM, it's probably your computer. ^_~

No no, Fluffy, didn't you get the memo? AIM hates him, didn't you hear? LOL

Silly Green Monkey

I was having problems accessing threads with polls, I should have found out that I was having that problem with all of them before mentioning the one. I can see them now though.

Archived