You're going down my friend --Yes Mr. Burns

Legolas

Ok then since I am bored I am gonna write a riddle and see who can solve it.

(amazing what one can do when bored)

ok here goes:

There are 10 men errr persons who pay taxes to a king each year. Each .... person brings a bag of gold. Each bag has 10 coins and each coin weighs 10 grams.

Got that so far?

k

Now the king has found out that one of the persons has cheated him and that person has 10 coins in his bag BUT each coin has 9g.

Here is the challenge:

You have 1 scale. It is a bathroom type scale (u put something on it and it tells u the weight NOT the balalnce type like the horoscope sign one).

the rules are that this scale can be used ONCE to measure somethign ONCE.

I.e. If i put one bag on it tells me the weight and that was my measurement can't measure again.

You CANNOT put all bags on and then take them off oen by one since that woudl be 10 measurements.

Use the scale and your brain to solve riddle. No play on words just logic.

Btw things u can assume:

Only one person cheated the king.

Weight of the actual bags coins are in is zero.

Good luck and if u saw this riddle b4 and know the answer give the others a chance b4 u answer it.

May the force be with you always.

15 views and this is all you coul dcome up with? :P

My riddle owned u all :)

Feel the power of logic BOW DOWN to the riddle MUHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Ok ok calm down Alex

:D

Alex

The King uses his God damned tax money to get the scale fixed, and then uses it ten times.

Then if he's a good king, he will use the remaining tax money to hold a public execution of the guy who cheated him 8)

The king weighs any bag out of the ten. If it weighs a hundred grams, the person who brought it is spared and everyone else gets killed. Take no chances :cool:

If it weighs nintey, kill the one who brought him that bag only.

OR

Keep adding bags to the scale until it shows a number that ends by 90. You didn't say we couldn't do that :P

Gah i said ONE measurement.

As soon as u add the second bag that is measuremement 2 if u add the 3rd that i smeasurement 3.

And as for the first thing u said the king is looking ONLY for the oen who cheated him.

THINK about it. It is very possible to do it and i have given u all the info u need.

Alex

Call each lord in to measure their bag, do it nice and slow, looking them in the eye as you do it.

(I have the answer, I just don't wanna give it away, like you said.)

Here's a hint to everyone:he doesn't have to measure the whole bag.

Avenguy if indeed u got answer then U2U me.

If u do i got a harder riddle.

*watches gorax faint*

:D

Alex

Not measuring the whole bag is one of the first things I thought of, but the rest probably involves numbers, and numbers suck.

I bet this is one of those answers that are really really simple, and then you feel like a god damned moron for not figuring it out, especially because everyone else probably knows the answer.

I changed my mind . . . Keep the answer for yourselves :P

Well since you are all lazy and my riddle is so amazing I am gonan post the answer.

AVENguy actually got it right.

So here we go.

The weight of the actual bags part was red herring (you did not need that in order to solve the problem it was there to throw u off)

U line up the 10 ppl and u take 1 coin from the first and 2 coins from the second and 3 coins from the third etc until the last guy gives u all his coins.

Now u take these coins and u weigh them.

It will give u a number.

Now u think. *if* everyone was honest every coins SHOULD have 10 g so u add how much u SHOULD have. so 10g plus 20g plus 30g blah blha blha and that adds to 550.

But u DON"T have 550g cause a guy cheated u. So if it comes up as 547 and u are missin g3 grams then the guy who gave u 3 coins cheated u. If it comes up as 540 then the guy with 10 coins cheated u.

I will soon post my next riddle.

Guess I gotta go easier on u guys :)

Alex

Archived