• INFP "Questor"
    • INTJ "Scientist"
    • INTP "Architect"
    • ISFJ "Conservator"
    • ISFP "Artist"
    • ISTJ "Trustee"
    • ISTP "Artisan"

This poll is closed to new votes

(EDIT!) So, there's already a topic in the census forum for the MBTI test. Its test is even better, too. The original topic is here:

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6636

I would suggest using the test and poll there. (END EDIT)

So there's this other MBTI topic here, but the maker (EGAD!) didn't make an actual poll and I wanted to see the results. So, I'm going to steal part of their first post and start the poll.

First discussed back in the 1920s by the psychologist Carl Jung, type theory suggests that human behavior is not random but predictable and classifiable. According to this theory, everyone is born predisposed to certain personality preferences. Typologists have devised four pairs of preference alternatives, as stated below:

Extraverted or Introverted

Sensing or Intuitive

Thinking or Feeling

Judging or Percieving

Here is the link:

http://www.personalitytest.net/types/index.htm

Scroll down to the bottom and there is a link that should take you to the test.

I'm INTJ, but I'm really close to being sensing instead of intuitive.

INFJ

i think i realized the wording is really important.. may just be the F talking but some of the replies i was like 'i answered this way before.. but worded like this i prefer it this way'

o.o

reverse_thrust

I voted INTJ, though in actuality I'm constantly fluctuating between INTJ and INTP.

IN TJ - scientist

oddly i said i'd prefer to be a sneator then a scientist :D in the first question

One more INTJ (The Scientist) here! They say it's around 1% of the population but on this poll, so far it's much more!

Maybe only Scientists feel like doing this poll... :wink:

One more INTJ (The Scientist) here! They say it's around 1% of the population but on this poll, so far it's much more!

I'm wondering if we tend to have more of this specific type in the asexual community, which wouldn't make it 1% within 1%.

I'm wondering if we tend to have more of this specific type in the asexual community, which wouldn't make it 1% within 1%.

i'd go along and say there's alot more introverts in the asexual community then extrovert's

i'd go along and say there's alot more introverts in the asexual community then extrovert's

Yes, that much seems to be obvious by the poll results. Makes you wonder if that's the influence of society (not being able to 'come out') or just the way we are. I wonder how different any given asexual would have been if this was a well-known, well-taught, and well-accepted orientation.

There also seem to be quite a lot of intuitives. This could be, as rosalie hinted at earlier, because perhaps this type is more prone to taking the somewhat long test.

I'm INTP.

Yay for being like 1% of the total population! :D

Me too! I didn't know we were as rare as Asexuals :lol:

I find it interesting that so far no one's an extrovert...I got INFJ by the way.

Yes, that much seems to be obvious by the poll results. Makes you wonder if that's the influence of society (not being able to 'come out') or just the way we are. I wonder how different any given asexual would have been if this was a well-known, well-taught, and well-accepted orientation.

There also seem to be quite a lot of intuitives. This could be, as rosalie hinted at earlier, because perhaps this type is more prone to taking the somewhat long test.

I read somewhere that INTs contribute more to the internet as a whole. So they may be something of a majority on the internet. I'm not sure where I heard that, but it makes some sense, intuitively ;-). I suspect that if all asexuals took this poll the distribution would better reflect the distribution of types, but the people most likely to find this site, figure out their type, and then take the poll, are likely to be INTs. Increasing the sample size and taking the poll outside of the internet might balance things too. I have no idea though, kind of guessing. It would be really interesting if most asexuals were INTs. Someone needs to research this! :-)

I'm an INTJ but sometimes INTP. We just question everything(at least I do, not sure if others feel the same) so it seems natural that we'd be a majority on this site. As someone else mentioned, I think, it isn't clear what comes first though. Does your asexuality help determine your type, or are people of a certain type more receptive to asexuality?

I got "ENTJ: Field Marshall" but it doesn't sound like me at all...

The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

I got "ENTJ: Field Marshall" but it doesn't sound like me at all...

The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 5% of the total population.

We have two Extroverts. But look at that, they're still NTs.

Idedalus, I would not be surprised if you were right. That makes a lot of sense. I guess we won't be able to find out if there's a correlation until we get asexuality out there as an accepted, well-known orientation and start some serious research on it. Unfortunately, we need the research to be able to spread as an orientation, so we're kind of stuck. -_-

Interesting that so many people are INFP or INTJ...

I was INFP, it basically sums me up perfectly...

INFP: "Questor". These people are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, but don't relax well. High capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population. <<<< me completely!

There was ab actual poll once (I am too lazy to search). We found that AVEN has a disproportionate number of introverts, and an especially disproportionate number of INTJs and INTPs, as they are supposed to be some of the rarer, but were quite common here.

Anyhow, I am an INTJ. I have taken several Myers-Briggs, and consistantly turn up as such.

There was ab actual poll once (I am too lazy to search). We found that AVEN has a disproportionate number of introverts, and an especially disproportionate number of INTJs and INTPs, as they are supposed to be some of the rarer, but were quite common here.

Anyhow, I am an INTJ. I have taken several Myers-Briggs, and consistantly turn up as such.

Ah, I found it. Now I feel kinda stupid. -_-

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6636

Perhaps it would be better for all the recent people to go do this one? (That way we can get a larger number of participants.) (...Either way, I still like the way I set mine up better.)

I also found this poll on intro/extroverted-ness:

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=14060

There were a few others that I saw about introversion vs. extroversion or sociality vs. anti-sociality.

Archived