Temporary Admin

Jayann

Hey folks. I just wanted to let you know that, in light of recent events, AVENguy has given me temporary administrative powers.

I'm just letting you all know so you don't think that I have an illegitimate Admin status due to the recent hackings. I realize that several usernames were fiddled with during the hackings to be given Mod status, so I wanted to assure you that mine is currently fine, and legit.

Too legit to quit.

EDIT: Got hacked. Awesome. My profile was temporarily altered by the hacker. I apologize for the rude avatar (s)he gave me.

I realize that several usernames were fiddled with during the hackings to be given Mod status, so I wanted to assure you that mine is currently fine, and legit.

Too legit to quit.

*puts his hands in the ai-yer*

*waves them like he just don' cay-yer*

Woo-woo.

Seriously, that's good to know. I seem to have missed all of the weirdness of early (for me) morning and only saw some of the renamed threads this morning. I must say that this whole thing is being dealt with in a most professional and efficient manner. At least compared to some of the forums I've seen.

thanks, julie. at least i wasn't the only one who got fucked w/.

just wish that i had warned you guys beforehand... (see off-a). :( i feel like crap.

ps=> what in hell makes you so sure it was a female?

I've disabled the part of the board being used to cause trouble, so hopefully that should hold us until I can close the butt hole. I'll be out of the country for a week, expect updates when I get back.

Julie, who should we contact if we notice hacking? I was just in one of the forums & noticed the name AVEN had been changed to a really icky, disgusting, terribly horrible, unmentionable, sickening, perverted dirty word. So I contacted Josh because he was the mod for the forum. But I had got it confused & thought it was the forum name that got changed. So I was just wondering if we should contact the mods or AVENguy?

thanks, julie. at least i wasn't the only one who got fucked w/.

Nope. We're in the same boat now, honey.

just wish that i had warned you guys beforehand... (see off-a). :( i feel like crap.

Hey, it's okay, prophetess. We're on the case.

ps=> what in hell makes you so sure it was a female?

Who, me? I just tacked on the (s) in (s)he, just for the sake of inclusiveness. Even if we all do figure it was a very specific individual. I didn't mean to imply the hacker was a female, sorry.

Julie, who should we contact if we notice hacking?

Good question. There should be no more hacking, thanks to AVENguy's aforementioned decision. *points up*

Let me know, though. PM me if you want my AIM screenname (I don't keep it linked to my profile anymore), or else just send AVENguy or me a PM if something goes awry. I'm on all the time, so I'll see what I can do.

Pie: Yeah, well...*shrug*

Cameron: LOL!! Thanks for following through on that. You didn't let me down.

Julie, who should we contact if we notice hacking? I was just in one of the forums & noticed the name AVEN had been changed to something unmentionable. So I contacted Josh because he was the mod for the forum. But I had got it confused & thought it was the forum name that got changed. So I was just wondering if we should contact the mods or AVENguy?

I answered this post already up there. *points higher up in the thread* That's weird that you double posted with such a long interval between the doubles.

Oh, come on. Not like there's any doubt whatsoever in anyone with a two-digit IQ's mind that it's Naeblis.

Do you have proof? That's what the defense attourney will ask. As will the

computer cops.

You guys just absolutely rock! I can't believe how fast things got up 'n running!

yay for computer genius!!!

Who, me? I just tacked on the (s) in (s)he, just for the sake of inclusiveness. Even if we all do figure it was a very specific individual. I didn't mean to imply the hacker was a female, sorry.

oh. ok.

Archived