Anyone else here actually don't mind sex?

I'm most definitely in this camp.

*raises glass* To understanding each other, leaving ourselves alone, and not pretending you know how everyone else works!

• Like 25

Thirded.

*raises glass* To understanding each other, leaving ourselves alone, and not pretending you know how everyone else works!

I would add -- To not understanding each other, understanding that we never will, and still being willing to accept the other's viewpoint as valid.

*clinks glass*

• Like 20
reverse_thrust

I concur with the above statements!

*goes to raise glass, but instead knocks it onto the floor where it shatters*

Oops.

• Like 10

Well yea, I'm disgusted about it myself but I don't care what people are doing, as long as they're enjoying it and not bothering others like me.

• Like 7
Puzzle_chick

Seven-ed...or whatever number we're up to. xD *clinks glasses with everyone else*

I agree completely. What other people do in bed isn't any of anybody else's business. So if I feel like simply sleeping in mine, I shall, and if the neighbours feel like having sex in theirs, more power to them. It's not a big deal.

• Like 5

I am perfectly fine with others having sex, it can be a wonderful thing.

I am going to echo cyan and say that it is pretty near impossible for asexuals and sexuals to truely understand the other(or at least understand what it is to (not) feel sexual attraction or view it as important), but so long as we respect each other, it's all good.

• Like 3
I often feel out of place in that I'm an asexual who thinks sex for asexuals is a positive thing. I have no interest in doign it myself but if people like it and enjoy it I say good for them.

So any other asexuals think sexuals should be free to have sex and asexuals should be be free to not have sex?

Very much so. I don't care.

To me it's like urination - people gotta' do it, they're going to do it and when you really gotta', it feels damn good, I just don't need to hear about it or see it on the bus, in parks and for 15 minutes in a movie.

• Like 15
Tangled trees

I'm completely indifferent to all forms of sex altogether, so yeah, eighthed or something. Don't pursue it, don't try to avoid it, don't care altogether if someone else does it. As long as everyone's happy, it's all fine with me.

I don't know how to explain it really, but unless someone actively talks about it or I stumble on an image of people making love, I'm not even aware sex exists; it's not on my mind. It's like when you find an object you lost months ago and no longer remembered you owned, you go all "Oh, yeah, I had that thing !". Same for me and sex : "Oh, yeah, people do that !".

Hard to be either for or against it in those conditions :lol:

• Like 4
Very much so. I don't care.

To me it's like urination - people gotta' do it, they're going to do it and when you really gotta', it feels damn good, I just don't need to hear about it or see it on the bus, in parks and for 15 minutes in a movie.

hahaha...I loved this answer...so true...just don't watch Dark Corners...someone complained that there were too many toilet scenes (I didn't mind...I do mind vomit scenes, though)

• Like 1

I'd like to echo everyone's statements, but from the sexual camp. If there's one thing I've come to believe even more firmly than I used to, while being on AVEN, it's that everyone should really feel free to be who they are when it comes to sex. Do it, don't do it, but be true to yourself!

• Like 6

Me too Amcan! I really can't understand why so many people here have a problem with others having sex for pleasure.

*brings more drinks for everyone not critical of other people's sex lives - cheers!*

• Like 1

Yay.

*takes a drink from Dame duLac and raises glass*

Masterpiece 8) !

• Like 1

I have absolutely no problem with sexual people having sex.

It is a bit bizarre to live in a culture where the vast majority seem obsessed with or possessed by sex, and we--the small minority-- are not. But we can still be hurt and confused. Many asexuals have suffered due to pressure, put-downs, and cluelessness from sexuals. So there's a tendency to want to hit back, methinks. I catch myself at it from time to time.

• Like 5

This thread makes me feel so relieved. I was kind of questioning whether or not I should be here for a moment, because I find studying sexuality really interesting and have absolutely no problem with it or other people doing it.

• Like 1
JokeyFairbobbin

*raises coffee mug* Here, here!

I have no problem with people having mutually consensual sex. It doesn't bother me, I just feel like there are better ways I could spend my time.

• Like 5

what the? Why would people have a problem with mutual, informed consentual sex?

It's like militant vegetarians who flip out if someone at the table has a steak. Speaking as a strict vegetarian, I hate those people. Make me look bad.

• Like 7

There are militant vegitarians? Crikey...

And Stella - you're not alone here.

I often feel out of place in that I'm an asexual who thinks sex for asexuals is a positive thing. I have no interest in doign it myself but if people like it and enjoy it I say good for them.

So any other asexuals think sexuals should be free to have sex and asexuals should be be free to not have sex?

Umm, is that a typo? :D But yes I'm fine with sexuals having sex, or asexuals who like it, but just don't particularly desire it.

It would be just as stupid for asexuals to insist sexuals should be celibate as it would be for homosexuals to insist heterosexuals only go for same-sex relationships.

It's good to have a few sexual viewpoints on this site. It can be too easy for a large group of people with the same common ground to get narrow-minded.

• Like 2

zoes ken - it was and is now corrected :)

And I agree Lonepiper.

i'm also in the sex if people want to do it is fine as long as they don't insist that i do it too,altho i know there are some out there that think everyone should be having sex!